Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your place or ours? Training at your officesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and often much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office.
If you need laptops for software training, we can provide these too at a very small charge.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia centresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Contact detailsWant to contact us?
Please select the correct option so your communication is dealt with in the fastest time.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to what you need.
If you want help with your training needs, let us know:
Get your free copy of the Activia Training Directory
Set up a special class on the date and location of your choice:
We thrive on feedback - so please give us your opinion !!
Although we have sixteen centres across the UK, all operations are controlled from our Head Office.
Call us on 0845 230 6150
Or click to
Address details are:
268 Bath Road
Slough SL1 4DX
We hope to hear from you soon!
Groups of delegates? Save hundreds of pounds when we deliver training at your offices
About Adobe Flash training
Adobe Flash is the industry's most advanced application for creating animations, particularly for the Web.
With Activia, you can check your skill level (see the button on the right) which ensures you book on the correct course. This facility is also invaluable when putting together training programmes or bespoke courses for numbers of delegates.
Are you fully exploiting the creative potential of Flash?
Flash provides full design control to maximize your productivity, giving consistent results across a variety of platforms, and with the Flash Player now installed on 98% of desktops globally, you will reach the widest possible audience.
Related CoursesYou will find related training courses in our Adobe section.
Getting Started with Flash CS5
• Identify Components of the Flash CS5 Interface • Customize the Flash CS5 Interface • Introduce Rich Media Design Principles
Adding Shapes, Colors, and Lines with Drawing and Painting Tools
• Identify Flash Drawing and Painting Components • Apply and Customize Colors • Use Drawing and Painting Tools • Work with Interacting Objects
Creating Symbols and Instances
• Create Symbols • Create Symbol Instances
Identifying Image Types
• Identify Copyright and Citation Requirements • Compare Vector and Bitmap Images • Optimize Bitmap Images for Flash
• Select Objects Using the Selection Tools • Transform Objects • Organize Objects with Layers
Working with Text
• Add Text to a Document • Create Text Fields
Using Animation Basics to Create Animations
• Create Animations with Frames and Keyframes • Create Tween Animations
Getting Started with ActionScript™
• An Introduction to ActionScript • Coding with Basic ActionScript • Use Code Snippets
Planning a Flash Project
• Understand a Workflow • Translate Workflow Plans to Flash • Identify Elements of a Project Plan
Designing a Project
• Initiate a Project • Create Design Patterns
• Use Movie Clips • Use Buttons
Laying Out Text
• Lay Out Text in a Flash Movie • Embed Text Fonts in a Movie
Creating Advanced Animations
• Work with Inverse Kinematics • Add Motion to Animations • Apply 3D Transformation to an Object • Apply Effects to an Object
Adding Audio to a Movie
• Import Audio • Control Audio
Working with ActionScript™ 3.0
• Understand Additional ActionScript Concepts • Add Interactivity Using ActionScript Elements • Use Dynamic Mask • Work with Pre-Built Components
Publishing a Movie in Different Formats
• Add Metadata to SWF Files • Ensure Accessibility • Create Multiple Outputs
• Understand JSFL • Understand Adobe® Extension Manager CS5
Introduction: What is Flash?
• Introducing Flash • Flash file Types • Changes in Flash CS4
• Opening Flash • The Flash Interface • Keyboard Shortcuts • Setting Up the Stage • Help Files
Working with Flash Tools
• Drawing Objects in Flash • The Tools Panel • Selection Tools • Drawing Tools • Colour Tools • Object Drawing Tool • Colour Models • Grouping and Breaking Apart • Creating a Custom Colour Swatch
• The Library • Using Layers • Distributing and Organising Layers • The Timeline • Motion Tween • Tween Properties • Shape Tweens • Working with Text • Exporting Movies
Symbols and Interactivity
• What is a Symbol? • Adding Sound • Graphic Symbols • Movie Clips • Buttons
Prices for Adobe Flash training
Please note : all prices exclude VAT.
Scheduled public classes
We do not schedule Public classes for Adobe Flash
Training at your offices[A convenient and very cost-effective option for groups of delegates]
NOTES [click to show/hide]
Scheduled dates for our public classes
Prices vary, and in general, the earlier you book, the lower the price.
If you see classes at higher prices set to run over the next few days, these are empty classes and if you book, you may be the only delegate attending.
NOTE : prices are per delegate and exclude VAT.
Click on the links in the right panel for outlines and more information on any course.
Course Summaries for Flash Training Courses
Adobe Flash CS5 Introduction
This intensive, hands-on two day training course is designed to teach delegates how to create and manipulate a wide variety of objects ranging from simple graphic designs to complex animation sequences using the Adobe Flash CS5 application.
Delegates who attend should be: This course is intended for designers and developers who are new to Flash, and want to learn how to use the application to create movies and animations. Note: Delegates should be familiar with the Windows environment, be familiar with the Web and its terminologies, have a basic frame of reference for graphic and design applications, and have a desire to know the basic terminologies and components of ActionScript™ and its role as a Flash programming language.
Adobe Flash CS5 Advanced
This intensive, hands-on two day training course is designed to teach delegates how to plan, design, and develop complex Flash projects using the Adobe Flash CS5 application.
Delegates who attend should be: This course is intended for users who want to expand their introductory skills in developing animations and working with ActionScript 3.0. Note: Delegates should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction course.
Adobe Flash CS4 Introduction
This intensive, hands-on two-day training course has been designed to teach delegates the essential elements of Adobe Flash CS4 software, and how to create and manipulate a wide variety of objects ranging from simple graphic designs to complex animation sequences.
Delegates who attend should be: This course is intended for designers and developers new to Flash. NOTE: delegates should be proficient in using the Windows environment and be familiar with the web and its basic terminologies.
Quality Assured Training
We can provide training in Flash animations at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of training in Flash animations. This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with courses for Flash animation from Adobe.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.