Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Sage 50 Accounts Training From Activia
Sage 50 Accounts : Introduction
A One-Day Training Course
This training course provides the basic knowledge required to operate the Sage Line 50 package. It is an extremely 'hands-on' course : delegates will be maintaining ledger accounts, inputting opening balances and processing journals through to production of VAT and relevant management reports.
Who Should Attend
All Accounts staff who need to learn how to use the Sage Line 50 accounting package.
• Starting Sage 50 Accounts • The main programme window • Modules, windows and views • Getting help • Exiting Sage 50 Accounts
• Getting started • Restoring data for the first time • Setting the financial year • Backing up for the first time
Account Names & Numbers
• Debit and credit • Double entry book-keeping • Viewing the accounts list • Printing the current list • Viewing and printing Nominal List report • Account ranges • Changing account names • Control accounts
• Bank Receipts • Bank Payments
• The financial state of the company • The Trial Balance report • The Profit and Loss report • The Balance Sheet
• The Customers module • Entering a new customer • The Customer Record Wizard • Adding more customers • About selecting customers • Editing customer details • Customer delivery addresses • Customer address lists
• Supplier details
• The Invoice window • Service Invoices • Printing invoices • Updating ledgers • Viewing customer and invoice information • Re-printing the invoice
• Products • Adding new products • The Product Record window • Non-Stock and Service items
• Stock adjustments in • Stock adjustments out • Stock returns • Product activity • Stocktaking • Re-order levels • The Product Dashboard
• Product Invoices • Adding an invoice with a customer delivery address • Adding a further invoice • Mix and match invoicing • Printing the invoices • Changing an invoice • Updating the ledgers • Adjustments in
Product Credit Notes
• Product Credit Notes
Reviewing your Accounts
• The financial state of your company
• Customer Dashboard • Account balances • Aged debtors analysis • Statements
• Customer Receipts • Automatic allocation of receipts • Manual allocation of receipts • Partial allocation of receipts • Giving a discount • Payments on account
• Customer Activity
• Supplier details • Batch invoices • Supplier account balances
• Payments to suppliers • Making a payment • Printing remittance advice notes • Printing cheques • Supplier activity
More about the Nominal Ledger
• Journal entries • Nominal code activity • Nominal Ledger Graph • Nominal records
More about Bank Accounts
• Bank transfers • Combined payments • Petty cash transactions
• Bank Reconciliation
• What are recurring entries? • Adding new recurring entries • Adding a receipt • Adding journal credits and debits recurring entries • Setting up a bank transfer recurring entry • Editing an entry • A recurring entry processed weekly • Processing recurring entries • Suspending postings • Deleting recurring entries
• Notes on VAT returns • Producing a VAT return • VAT adjustments • Printing the VAT return • Reconciling the VAT transactions • Updating the VAT account references
Simple Reports & Information
• Information • Reports
Versions of Sage 50 Accounts
NOTE: Content may vary slightly between versions (eg V10, V11, etc) or applications (Accountant, Accountant Plus, Financial Controller). These differences are usually if little significance and do not affect the core skills acquired during the course.
We can provide training in 50 Accounts at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with courses for Sage 50.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.