Sage 50 Accounts Training
Sage 50 Accounts : Introduction
A One-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
This training course provides the basic knowledge required to operate the Sage Line 50 package. It is an extremely 'hands-on' course : delegates will be maintaining ledger accounts, inputting opening balances and processing journals through to production of VAT and relevant management reports.
Who Should Attend
All Accounts staff who need to learn how to use the Sage Line 50 accounting package.
• Starting Sage 50 Accounts • The main programme window • Modules, windows and views • Getting help • Exiting Sage 50 Accounts
• Getting started • Restoring data for the first time • Setting the financial year • Backing up for the first time
Account Names & Numbers
• Debit and credit • Double entry book-keeping • Viewing the accounts list • Printing the current list • Viewing and printing Nominal List report • Account ranges • Changing account names • Control accounts
• Bank Receipts • Bank Payments
• The financial state of the company • The Trial Balance report • The Profit and Loss report • The Balance Sheet
• The Customers module • Entering a new customer • The Customer Record Wizard • Adding more customers • About selecting customers • Editing customer details • Customer delivery addresses • Customer address lists
• Supplier details
• The Invoice window • Service Invoices • Printing invoices • Updating ledgers • Viewing customer and invoice information • Re-printing the invoice
• Products • Adding new products • The Product Record window • Non-Stock and Service items
• Stock adjustments in • Stock adjustments out • Stock returns • Product activity • Stocktaking • Re-order levels • The Product Dashboard
• Product Invoices • Adding an invoice with a customer delivery address • Adding a further invoice • Mix and match invoicing • Printing the invoices • Changing an invoice • Updating the ledgers • Adjustments in
Product Credit Notes
• Product Credit Notes
Reviewing your Accounts
• The financial state of your company
• Customer Dashboard • Account balances • Aged debtors analysis • Statements
• Customer Receipts • Automatic allocation of receipts • Manual allocation of receipts • Partial allocation of receipts • Giving a discount • Payments on account
• Customer Activity
• Supplier details • Batch invoices • Supplier account balances
• Payments to suppliers • Making a payment • Printing remittance advice notes • Printing cheques • Supplier activity
More about the Nominal Ledger
• Journal entries • Nominal code activity • Nominal Ledger Graph • Nominal records
More about Bank Accounts
• Bank transfers • Combined payments • Petty cash transactions
• Bank Reconciliation
• What are recurring entries? • Adding new recurring entries • Adding a receipt • Adding journal credits and debits recurring entries • Setting up a bank transfer recurring entry • Editing an entry • A recurring entry processed weekly • Processing recurring entries • Suspending postings • Deleting recurring entries
• Notes on VAT returns • Producing a VAT return • VAT adjustments • Printing the VAT return • Reconciling the VAT transactions • Updating the VAT account references
Simple Reports & Information
• Information • Reports
Versions of Sage 50 Accounts
NOTE: Content may vary slightly between versions (eg V10, V11, etc) or applications (Accountant, Accountant Plus, Financial Controller). These differences are usually if little significance and do not affect the core skills acquired during the course.
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training in 50 Accounts in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Introduction to Sage 50 Accounting Courses.
If you are looking for courses for Sage 50, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Sage 50 Accounts Training at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is Sage 50 software training, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes for Sage 50 accounting software, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Introduction to Sage 50 Accounting Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Introduction to Sage 50 Accounting Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training in 50 Accounts will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house Sage 50 software training, you need look no further than Activia.