ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Design (SD)
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised APM ITIL Training Course
This is an APM-authorised ITIL training course, delivered by certified trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This 3 day intensive course provides competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
Who Should Attend
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design Certificate includes, but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle. The course syllabus covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within Service Design, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course syllabus may also be of interest to:
Introduction to Service Design
• the concept of Service Management as a practice • the concept of Service, its value proposition and composition • the concepts of Function, Process and Role • the purpose, goals and objectives of Service Design • the scope of Service Design • the business value • the contents and use of the Service Design Package • the contents and use of Service Acceptance Criteria
Service Design Principles
• Service Design principles and service composition • the importance and approach to balanced design • service requirements, business requirements and drivers • design activities and constraints • the principles and the five aspects of Service Design to the management of Service Design processes • Context • Designing service solutions • Designing supporting systems, especially the Service Portfolio • Designing technology architectures • Designing processes • Designing measurement systems and metrics • Business Service Management (BSM) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles • Service Design models
Service Design Processes
• the activities and techniques, but not the detailed process steps, for the following processes • Service Catalogue Management • Service Level Management • Capacity Management • Availability Management • IT Service Continuity Management • Information Security Management • Supplier Management • the principles and the five aspects of Service Design
Service Design technology related activities
• requirement types and manage activities and techniques within Requirements Engineering • the activities and techniques within Data and Information Management • activities and techniques associated with Application Management
Organising for Service Design
• functional roles analysis and RACI • the roles and responsibilities within Service Design
Consideration of Technology
• the types of tools that would benefit Service Design • requirements for Service Management tools
Implementation and improvement of Service Design
• the Service Design issues relating to: • Business Impact Analysis, Service Level Requirements and risks • the six-stage implementation approach • measurements through Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators • prerequisites for success and risks affect
Summary, Exam Preparation and Directed Studies
Following completion of this course, delegates will know:
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design examination, the candidate shall fulfil the following requirements:
All ITIL® courses are offered by QA and Global Knowledge
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for courses for ITIL certification in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for ITIL® Service Management.
If you are looking for certified ITIL training courses, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day ITIL® Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is IT service management through ITIL training courses, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for better managed IT services with ITIL certification, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide ITIL® Service Management courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of ITIL® Service Management, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your courses for ITIL certification will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house IT service management through ITIL training courses, you need look no further than Activia.