Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Management Training Courses From Activia
Key Management Skills: Two-Day Introduction
A Two-Day Training Course
This intensive two-day workshop is designed to develop practical skills in managing others.
Who Should Attend
Any Manager / Supervisor / Team Leader who is responsible for the performance of others. An ideal (but not essential) pre-course would be the 1-day Supervisory Skills workshop.
• Knowledge / Skills Checklist
Leadership versus Management
• Differences between a Leader and a Manager • Adairs Top Leadership Qualities • Action Centred Leadership • Management Styles
• Learning -- A Definition • Some Learning Methods
Personal Communication Style Questionnaire
• Herzbergs Theory of Motivation • Motivation Checklist • Motivation From the Front Line
• The Skill / Will Matrix • Applying the Skill / Will Matrix • Managing Poor Performance • Overcoming Performance Blockages
• What is Coaching? • What is NOT Coaching? • Why Coach? • Who Needs Coaching? • Differences Between Training and Coaching • Coaching Styles Questionnaire • Questioning Skills • Open Questions Exercise • Coaching Game - Review • The G.R.O.W. Approach
Setting SMART Objectives
• Features of Good Objectives -- S.M.A.R.T. • Measurability of Objectives • Defining Standards Exercise
• What is Delegation? • Delegation -- Benefits and Barriers • Delegation Process
• Benefits of Good Communication Skills • Why Communication Goes Wrong • Communicaion Methods
• Assertiveness Aggressiveness and Passivity • Assertiveness -- the Three Steps
• Types of Feedback • EEC Feedback Model • Receiving Feedback • Assertiveness and Feedback Exercise
• The Performance Counselling (P.C.) Meeting • Preparation and Process of the P.C. Meeting • Some Factors in Implementing Disciplinary Process
Dealing With Difficult Situations -- Case Studies
• New Manager Meets Poor Standards • Romance in the Workplace • Deteriorating Performance • Offensive Jokes in the Office • Bad Attitude Towards Change • Poor Personal Hygiene • Rewriting a Bad Report
Practical Ideas For Development
• Developing Knowledge and Experience • Developing Skills and Competencies • Developing Attitudes
Feedback from Delegates on our Key Management Skills: Two-Day Introduction Courses
Average Review 4.5/5 based on 47 reviews.
"Great positive trainer who was engaging and very knowledgeable. " Shaun Melia Dec 16 2014
"the trainer was very very good" Dave Johnston Nov 27 2014
"Course tutor was great, and a small group meant that everyone was heard. " Jan Nichol Sep 25 2014
"Thank you so much to Simon who was a great facilitator. he was kind and patient and brilliant at really capturing the needs of us both. Thank you! " Olivia Metcalfe Sep 8 2014
"The training, the trainer and the facilities were excellent" Ruth Eckersley Aug 11 2014
"As the training was 1-2-1, Steve was able to tailor the sessions to include aspects specific to me and my new role." Julie Skelton Jul 21 2014
"Wayne was a good tutor" Sherese Edwards Jun 19 2014
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course" Dawn Smallman Jun 19 2014
"Excellent course and although attended similar before still felt like I learnt a lot. Especially liked being able to tailor course to suit our requirements and fact that trainer came to us. Created a much better environment for learning. Trainer excellent, answered all our questions and more. Felt more confident in answering questions etc as in familiar background with colleague rather than classroom with lot of strangers, so for me got a lot more out of course than would do normally." Gill Pearce Jun 2 2014
"Excellent trainer. " Rita Sackey May 19 2014
"Really liked the format and content. Delivery of the course from Colin was excellent and engaging. Facilities and location good." Julie Lord May 19 2014
"The course was very well presented by a knowledgable Tutor. " Graeme Woof May 19 2014
"I found Elly to be extremely knowledgeable and highly motivating. I was able to understand all of her training and easily put it into practice. Elly was very pleasant and certainly knows her role." Sam Wynne Apr 28 2014
"Jackie was amazing! Thanks a lot for her help!" Vanya Ivanova Apr 3 2014
"A very helpful course that was also very well presented by the instuctor- thank you." Paul Bosher Mar 20 2014
"V good trainer" David Gristwood Mar 11 2014
"The presentation by Chris, who delivered our training was very clear and easy to follow. Our whole team benefited from the two days. " Jason Woodward Mar 11 2014
"Chris was an excellent trainer, very informative, friendly and was very good at getting the best out of the team." Jackie Kennedy Mar 11 2014
"I would highly recommend the course to others" Mark Jones Mar 11 2014
"The trainer - Chris - was excellent." Laura Hooper Mar 11 2014
We can provide training courses for Management at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with Management courses.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.