Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your place or ours? Training at your officesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and often much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office.
If you need laptops for software training, we can provide these too at a very small charge.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia centresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Contact detailsWant to contact us?
Please select the correct option so your communication is dealt with in the fastest time.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to what you need.
If you want help with your training needs, let us know:
Get your free copy of the Activia Training Directory
Set up a special class on the date and location of your choice:
We thrive on feedback - so please give us your opinion !!
Although we have sixteen centres across the UK, all operations are controlled from our Head Office.
Call us on 0845 230 6150
Or click to
Address details are:
268 Bath Road
Slough SL1 4DX
We hope to hear from you soon!
Management Training Courses From Activia
Key Management Skills: Two-Day Introduction
A Two-Day Training Course
This intensive two-day workshop is designed to develop practical skills in managing others.
Who Should Attend
Any Manager / Supervisor / Team Leader who is responsible for the performance of others. An ideal (but not essential) pre-course would be the 1-day Supervisory Skills workshop.
• Knowledge / Skills Checklist
Leadership versus Management
• Differences between a Leader and a Manager • Adairs Top Leadership Qualities • Action Centred Leadership • Management Styles
• Learning -- A Definition • Some Learning Methods
Personal Communication Style Questionnaire
• Herzbergs Theory of Motivation • Motivation Checklist • Motivation From the Front Line
• The Skill / Will Matrix • Applying the Skill / Will Matrix • Managing Poor Performance • Overcoming Performance Blockages
• What is Coaching? • What is NOT Coaching? • Why Coach? • Who Needs Coaching? • Differences Between Training and Coaching • Coaching Styles Questionnaire • Questioning Skills • Open Questions Exercise • Coaching Game - Review • The G.R.O.W. Approach
Setting SMART Objectives
• Features of Good Objectives -- S.M.A.R.T. • Measurability of Objectives • Defining Standards Exercise
• What is Delegation? • Delegation -- Benefits and Barriers • Delegation Process
• Benefits of Good Communication Skills • Why Communication Goes Wrong • Communicaion Methods
• Assertiveness Aggressiveness and Passivity • Assertiveness -- the Three Steps
• Types of Feedback • EEC Feedback Model • Receiving Feedback • Assertiveness and Feedback Exercise
• The Performance Counselling (P.C.) Meeting • Preparation and Process of the P.C. Meeting • Some Factors in Implementing Disciplinary Process
Dealing With Difficult Situations -- Case Studies
• New Manager Meets Poor Standards • Romance in the Workplace • Deteriorating Performance • Offensive Jokes in the Office • Bad Attitude Towards Change • Poor Personal Hygiene • Rewriting a Bad Report
Practical Ideas For Development
• Developing Knowledge and Experience • Developing Skills and Competencies • Developing Attitudes
Feedback from Delegates on our Key Management Skills: Two-Day Introduction Courses
Average Review 4.4/5 based on 58 reviews.
"A very good course with many guidelines and great advice given." Angela Lewis Feb 19 2015
"The tutor made the course work by the way we delivered, he was very good." Sheaun Carpenter Feb 9 2015
"A well organised and informative course. Enjoyed all of the course thoroughly." Craig White Feb 9 2015
"The instructor was excellent and kept the group engaged all day challenging our thinking." Vincent Winslow Feb 9 2015
"Tutor was very enthusiastic" Michael Sturdy Feb 9 2015
"I really enjoyed the 2 days and found the course really interesting and informative " Phil Waterhouse Jan 27 2015
"The course was well presented and very clear and concise It was very interesting and I have learnt a lot." Chris Marshall Jan 27 2015
"the training was very interactive and engaging for all candidates, the trainer was very friendly, informative and supportive." Annmarie Lewis Jan 15 2015
"the facilitiator was excellent, training was very engaging, informative and provided many tools and skills to enable me to progress my career into management." Annmarie Lewis Jan 15 2015
"Enjoyable and informative course given by a trainer who presented the course material very well." Andrew Crawford Dec 16 2014
"Great positive trainer who was engaging and very knowledgeable. " Shaun Melia Dec 16 2014
"the trainer was very very good" Dave Johnston Nov 27 2014
"Course tutor was great, and a small group meant that everyone was heard. " Jan Nichol Sep 25 2014
"Thoroughly enjoyed the course and would not hesitate to return." Daniel Elliott Sep 11 2014
"Thank you so much to Simon who was a great facilitator. he was kind and patient and brilliant at really capturing the needs of us both. Thank you! " Olivia Metcalfe Sep 8 2014
"The training, the trainer and the facilities were excellent" Ruth Eckersley Aug 11 2014
"As the training was 1-2-1, Steve was able to tailor the sessions to include aspects specific to me and my new role." Julie Skelton Jul 21 2014
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course" Dawn Smallman Jun 19 2014
"Wayne was a good tutor" Sherese Edwards Jun 19 2014
"Excellent course and although attended similar before still felt like I learnt a lot. Especially liked being able to tailor course to suit our requirements and fact that trainer came to us. Created a much better environment for learning. Trainer excellent, answered all our questions and more. Felt more confident in answering questions etc as in familiar background with colleague rather than classroom with lot of strangers, so for me got a lot more out of course than would do normally." Gill Pearce Jun 2 2014
We can provide training courses for Management at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of training courses for Management. This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with Management courses.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.