Management Training Courses From Activia
Key Management Skills: Two-Day Introduction
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
This intensive two-day workshop is designed to develop practical skills in managing others.
Who Should Attend
Any Manager / Supervisor / Team Leader who is responsible for the performance of others. An ideal (but not essential) pre-course would be the 1-day Supervisory Skills workshop.
Leadership and Management
• Differences between a Leader and a Manager • An overview of the activities of the busy Team Leader/Manager
• What coaching is and its benefits • Coaching styles and their advantages • Own preferred coaching style • Appropriate questioning in coaching • Coaching process skill practice
• Understanding delegation -- responsibility and accountability • Benefits and barriers of effective delegation • 9 step process to effectively delegate tasks
• Performance management in terms of ‘skill and will’ • Strategies for team members with performance blockages • 3 steps to assertive behaviour to encourage staff to ‘give of their best’ • Principles of effective task setting • S.M.A.R.T. model for setting tasks/performance objectives for staff • Communicating performance standards
• Origins of the word ‘feedback’ • Do’s and Don’ts of giving feedback • Importance of giving behavioural examples • Types of feedback • E.E.C. model for giving feedback on staff performance
Managing Poor Performers
• When informal feedback doesn’t work • The concept of the performance counseling (p.c.) interview • Preparing for the p.c. interview • Structure of the interview • Handle difficult staff members at interview
• A series of case studies that are typical of situations managers have to face in their everyday work. The case studies help bring the learning to life
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Feedback from Delegates on our Key Management Skills: Two-Day Introduction Courses
"The trainer was outstanding." Adrian Taylor Nov 19 2013
"Trainer really did make the course an enjoyable experience and answered all questions that were thrown at her." Ricky Bate Nov 19 2013
"Brilliant trainer! Everything was explained clearly and all questions were answered with great detail. I really enjoyed this course thank you " Sam Snookes Nov 19 2013
"Trainer was very knowledgeable, she answered professionally to some difficult questions from myself." Tony Cooper Nov 19 2013
"I found the course very engaging which is really good for me as I generally have a short attention span." Mark Lannie Oct 1 2013
"A good 2 days and left with a lot to think about and looking forward to the next course. " Darren Smith Oct 1 2013
"very good coures" John Squires Oct 1 2013
"Fantastic work-flow, interaction and going the extra mile - highly recommend out tutor." Richard Ward May 19 2013
"Trainer was a brilliant,She was knowledgeable, attentive and put us all at ease which meant she got the best out of us all on the course." Anita Barrett Apr 21 2013
"Excellent delivery of this course " Issy McPhaden Apr 7 2013
"Very happy with course." Jay Dickman Jan 14 2013
"A big thank you to the tutor. She is one in a million." Miss Awanat LISA Jan 14 2013
"I enjoyed the course and the ability to discuss topics further. It was a very good 2 days and feel i have gained knowledge that could benefit me at my work." Luke Nixon Nov 26 2012
"Just a big thank you to the trainer, it was an excellent 2 days of training." Steve Lanksford Nov 19 2012
"The trainer was very engaging & despite only having a small group of people on the course still made it enjoyable" Adam Hawthorne Oct 29 2012
"Course leader was an incredible teacher and a very insightful man." Richard Edmondson Oct 14 2012
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training for management development will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Management wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Management Development Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Management Development Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your Management courses as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house classes for management development, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Management skills training courses UK from Activia