Sales Training Courses
Fundamentals of Selling Skills
A One-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
This hands-on one-day training course has been designed to give delegates a solid understanding of good selling practices and to enhance their ability to be effective. Introducing basic concepts, delegates are taken through simple but essential selling techniques, in a structured and proven way that will enable them to make instant changes to their working practices and achieve sustained improvements in their performance.
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for anyone involved in a process where sales opportunities exist. The concepts apply to both telephone and face-to-face environments, and while the course has been developed with salespeople in mind, it can also be applied to other people, such as Customer Service or Support staff, who often have the chance to turn situations into sales opportunities.
Course Introduction and Overview
Case Study: Danny's First Day in Sales
Questioning Skills for Sales
• What Information Do We Need? • Types of Questions • Open Questions • Probing (Excavating) Questions • Closed Questions • Summary Questions • Reflective (Mirroring) Questions • Exercise: Questioning Practice • Powerful Words for Questions • Types of Question to be Avoided • The Funnel Technique • The Inverted Funnel Technique
Listening Skills for Sales
• Benefits of Good Listening • Why We Listen Badly! • Exercise: How Do You Rate Your Listening Ability? • Active Listening • Listeners Control Conversations!
Maximising Productivity in a Sales Role
• Deflective Tactics – Time Wasters • Talking to the Right People
The AIDA Sales Model
• Attention - Getting Your Customer • Interest - Creating Interest in Your Customer • Desire - Motivating Customers to Buy • Action - Closing the Sale
Attention – Getting your Customer's Attention
• The 4 W’s • Exercise: Questions Using the 4 W's
Interest – Creating Interest in your Customer
• Customer Expectations, Wants and Needs • Buying Signals • Keeping Price in Its Place • Situational vs Problem Questions
Desire - Motivating Customers to Buy
• Selling the Right Benefits • Features, Advantages and Benefits (FAB • Handling Objections • Seven Types of Objection • Exercise: Objection Handling Practice
Action - Closing the Sale
• Asking For Business • Closing Techniques • Types of Close • Framing the Close • Pitfalls When Closing the Sale • Trial Closing (ABC - Always Be Closing) • Aiming For Repeat Business • Maximising Profit
A Personal Action Plan
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for sales skills training in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Sales Team Training.
If you are looking for courses for selling techniques, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Sales Training Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training your sales team, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes for developing corporate relationships, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Sales Team Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Sales Team Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your sales skills training will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training your sales team, you need look no further than Activia.