Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH)
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Cisco Training Course
This is an authorised Cisco training course, delivered by Certified Cisco Systems Instructors (CCSIs) at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks you can in your certification examinations.
This intensive, hands-on five-day training course is designed to help students prepare to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions for campus environments using the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture. Hands-on labs are incorporated along with lab debrief sessions to ensure delegates obtain the full benefit from the practice scenarios.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Network Professionals who need to implement and support switch based solutions within a given network design using Cisco IOS services and features.
Analyzing Campus Network Designs
• Enterprise Campus Architecture • Cisco Lifecycle and Network Implementation • Lab 1-1 debrief
Implementing VLANs in Campus Networks
• Applying Best Practices for VLAN Topologies • Configuring Private VLans • Configuring Link Aggregation with EtherChannel • Lab 2-1 debrief • Lab 2-2 debrief • Lab 2-3 debrief
Implementing Spanning Tree
• Spanning Tree Protocol Enhancements • Describing STP Stability Mechanisms • Lab 3-1 debrief • Lab 3-2 debrief • Lab 3-3 debrief
Implementing Inter-VLAN Routing
• Describing Routing Between VLANs • Deploying Multilayer Switching with Cisco Express Forwarding • Lab 4-1 debrief • Lab 4-2 debrief
Implementing a Highly Available Network
• Understanding High Availability • Implementing High Availability • Implementing Network Monitoring • Lab 5-1 debrief
Implementing Layer 3 High Availability
• Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with HSRP • Configuring Layer 3 redundancy with VRRP and GLBP • Lab 6-1 debrief • Lab 6-2 debrief
Minimizing Service Loss and Data Theft in a campus Network
• Understanding Switch Security Issues • Protecting Against VLAN Attacks • Protecting Against Spoof Attacks • Securing Network Services • Lab 7-1 debrief
Accomodating Voice and Video in Campus Networks
• Planning for Support of Voice in a Campus Network • Integrating and Verifying VoIP in a Campus Infrastructure • Working with Specialists to Accomodate Voice and Video on campus Switches • Lab 8-1 debrief
Integrating Wireless LANs into a Campus Network
• Comparing WLANs with Campus Networks • Assessing the impact of WLANs on Campus Infrastructure • Preparing the Campus Infrastructure for WLANs • Lab 9-1 debrief
• Lab 1-1: New Hire Test • Lab 2-1: Design and implement VLANs, trunks, and EtherChannel • Lab 2-2: Troubleshoot Common VLAN Configuration and Security Issues • Lab 2-3: Implement Private VLANs • Lab 3-1: Implement Multiple Spanning Tree • Lab 3-2: Implement PVRST+ • Lab 3-3: Troubleshoot Spanning Tree Issues • Lab 4-1: Implement Inter-VLAN Routing • Lab 4-2: Troubleshooting Inter-VLAN Routing • Lab 5-1: Implementing High Availability and Reporting in a Network Design • Lab 6-1: Implement and Tune HSRP • Lab 6-2: Implementing VRRP • Lab 7-1: Secure Network Switches to Mitigate Security Attacks • Lab 8-1: Plan implementation and Verification of VoIP in a Campus Network • Lab 9-1: Integrating Wireless in the Campus
After the course, delegates will be able to:
642-813 SWITCH - Implementing Cisco Switched Networks
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for CCNP training courses in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Cisco CCNP Courses.
If you are looking for accredited CCNP training throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day CCNP Training at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is Cisco CCNP training courses, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW and ONT Cisco training, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Cisco CCNP Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Cisco CCNP Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your CCNP training courses will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house Cisco CCNP training courses, you need look no further than Activia.