Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses From Activia
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
A Four-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
• Preparing to Install Windows 7 • Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7 • Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7 • Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7 • Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
• Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer • Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7 • Configuring a Reference Image
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Partitioning Disks in Windows 7 • Managing Disk Volumes • Maintaining Disks in Windows 7 • Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Configuring Disks • Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional) • Updating a Device Driver
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Overview of Authentication and Authorization • Managing File Access in Windows 7 • Managing Shared Folders • Configuring File Compression • Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users • Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users • Creating and Sharing a Printer
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity • Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity • Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation • Overview of Name Resolution • Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Addressing • Configuring IPv6 Addressing • Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Overview of Wireless Networks • Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network • Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
• Overview of Security Management in Windows 7 • Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings • Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker • Configuring Application Restrictions • Configuring User Account Control • Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8 • Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
• Using Action Center • Configuring Local Security Policies • Encrypting Data • Configuring AppLocker
Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
• Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security • Configuring Windows Defender
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools • Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools • Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup • Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Monitoring System Performance • Backing Up and Restoring Data • Configuring System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings • Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access • Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access • Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Creating a Sync Partnership • Configuring Power Options • Enabling Remote Desktop • Enabling BranchCache
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6292A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training in Windows 7 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses in Microsoft Windows 7 wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your courses for MS Windows 7 as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house classes for Windows 7 in MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about MS Windows 7 training courses UK from Activia