Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses From Activia
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
A Four-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
• Preparing to Install Windows 7 • Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7 • Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7 • Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7 • Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
• Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer • Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7 • Configuring a Reference Image
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Partitioning Disks in Windows 7 • Managing Disk Volumes • Maintaining Disks in Windows 7 • Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Configuring Disks • Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional) • Updating a Device Driver
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Overview of Authentication and Authorization • Managing File Access in Windows 7 • Managing Shared Folders • Configuring File Compression • Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users • Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users • Creating and Sharing a Printer
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity • Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity • Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation • Overview of Name Resolution • Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Addressing • Configuring IPv6 Addressing • Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Overview of Wireless Networks • Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network • Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
• Overview of Security Management in Windows 7 • Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings • Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker • Configuring Application Restrictions • Configuring User Account Control • Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8 • Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
• Using Action Center • Configuring Local Security Policies • Encrypting Data • Configuring AppLocker
Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
• Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security • Configuring Windows Defender
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools • Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools • Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup • Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Monitoring System Performance • Backing Up and Restoring Data • Configuring System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings • Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access • Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access • Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Creating a Sync Partnership • Configuring Power Options • Enabling Remote Desktop • Enabling BranchCache
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6292A
We can provide training courses in Microsoft Windows 7 at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with courses for MS Windows 7.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.