Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management Training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Free Online Cloud Tools
See how we can help you with our Skills Appraisal and Course Creator tools, or ask a question on the forum.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Types of Training
Apart from the options of public/private/in-house training, we can tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses From Activia
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
A Four-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
• Preparing to Install Windows 7 • Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7 • Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7 • Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7 • Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
• Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer • Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7 • Configuring a Reference Image
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Partitioning Disks in Windows 7 • Managing Disk Volumes • Maintaining Disks in Windows 7 • Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Configuring Disks • Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional) • Updating a Device Driver
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Overview of Authentication and Authorization • Managing File Access in Windows 7 • Managing Shared Folders • Configuring File Compression • Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users • Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users • Creating and Sharing a Printer
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity • Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity • Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation • Overview of Name Resolution • Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Addressing • Configuring IPv6 Addressing • Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Overview of Wireless Networks • Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network • Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
• Overview of Security Management in Windows 7 • Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings • Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker • Configuring Application Restrictions • Configuring User Account Control • Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8 • Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
• Using Action Center • Configuring Local Security Policies • Encrypting Data • Configuring AppLocker
Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
• Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security • Configuring Windows Defender
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools • Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools • Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup • Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Monitoring System Performance • Backing Up and Restoring Data • Configuring System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings • Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access • Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access • Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Creating a Sync Partnership • Configuring Power Options • Enabling Remote Desktop • Enabling BranchCache
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6292A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training in Windows 7 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses in Microsoft Windows 7 wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your courses for MS Windows 7 as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house classes for Windows 7 in MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about MS Windows 7 training courses UK from Activia