Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses From Activia
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
A Four-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
• Preparing to Install Windows 7 • Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7 • Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7 • Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7 • Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
• Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer • Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7 • Configuring a Reference Image
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Partitioning Disks in Windows 7 • Managing Disk Volumes • Maintaining Disks in Windows 7 • Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Configuring Disks • Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional) • Updating a Device Driver
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Overview of Authentication and Authorization • Managing File Access in Windows 7 • Managing Shared Folders • Configuring File Compression • Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users • Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users • Creating and Sharing a Printer
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity • Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity • Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation • Overview of Name Resolution • Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Addressing • Configuring IPv6 Addressing • Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Overview of Wireless Networks • Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network • Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
• Overview of Security Management in Windows 7 • Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings • Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker • Configuring Application Restrictions • Configuring User Account Control • Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8 • Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
• Using Action Center • Configuring Local Security Policies • Encrypting Data • Configuring AppLocker
Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
• Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security • Configuring Windows Defender
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools • Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools • Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup • Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Monitoring System Performance • Backing Up and Restoring Data • Configuring System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings • Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access • Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access • Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Creating a Sync Partnership • Configuring Power Options • Enabling Remote Desktop • Enabling BranchCache
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6292A
Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses from ActiviaWe can provide training courses in Microsoft Windows 7 at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with courses for MS Windows 7.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.