Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
A Four-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
• Preparing to Install Windows 7 • Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7 • Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7 • Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7 • Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
• Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer • Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7 • Configuring a Reference Image
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Partitioning Disks in Windows 7 • Managing Disk Volumes • Maintaining Disks in Windows 7 • Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
• Configuring Disks • Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional) • Updating a Device Driver
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Overview of Authentication and Authorization • Managing File Access in Windows 7 • Managing Shared Folders • Configuring File Compression • Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
• Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users • Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users • Creating and Sharing a Printer
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity • Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity • Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation • Overview of Name Resolution • Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
• Configuring IPv4 Addressing • Configuring IPv6 Addressing • Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Overview of Wireless Networks • Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
• Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network • Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
• Overview of Security Management in Windows 7 • Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings • Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker • Configuring Application Restrictions • Configuring User Account Control • Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8 • Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
• Using Action Center • Configuring Local Security Policies • Encrypting Data • Configuring AppLocker
Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
• Configuring Windows Firewall • Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security • Configuring Windows Defender
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools • Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools • Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup • Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
• Monitoring System Performance • Backing Up and Restoring Data • Configuring System Restore Points • Configuring Windows Update
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings • Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access • Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access • Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
• Creating a Sync Partnership • Configuring Power Options • Enabling Remote Desktop • Enabling BranchCache
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6292A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training courses in Microsoft Windows 7 in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp.
If you are looking for courses for MS Windows 7, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training in Windows 7 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes for Windows 7 in MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Windows 7 Training for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training courses in Microsoft Windows 7 will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training in Windows 7 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, you need look no further than Activia.