Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This intensive, authorised training course combines five days of instructor-led training with additional e-Learning content to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment It is the first course in the Systems Administrator and Systems Engineer tracks for Windows Server 2003 and serves as the entry point for other courses in the Windows Server 2003 curriculum.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who are employed as, or seeking employment as, a systems administrator or systems engineer. Delegates should possess:
Module 1: Introduction to Administering Accounts and Resources
• Multimedia: Introduction to Administering Accounts and Resources • The Windows Server 2003 Environment • Logging on to Windows Server 2003 • Using the Run As Feature for Administration • Installing and Configuring Administrative Tools • Creating an Organizational Unit
Lab : Creating Organizational Units
• Creating an Organisational Unit
Module 2: Managing User and Computer Accounts
• Creating User Accounts • Creating Computer Accounts • Modifying User and Computer Account Properties • Creating a User Account Template • Managing User and Computer Accounts • Using Queries to Locate User and Computer Accounts in Active Directory
Lab : Managing User and Computer Accounts
• Creating User Accounts • Creating Computer Accounts • Using Queries to Locate Objects • Modifying User and Computer Properties
Module 3: Managing Groups
• Creating groups. • Managing group membership. • Strategies for using groups. • Using default groups.
Lab : Creating and Managing Groups
• Creating Global and Domain Local Groups • Managing Group Membership • Managing Default Groups
Module 4: Managing Access to Resources
• Overview of Managing Access to Resources • Managing Access to Shared Folders • Managing Access to Files and Folders Using NTFS Permissions • Determining Effective Permissions • Managing Access to Shared Files Using Offline Caching
Lab : Managing Access to Resources
• Creating and Sharing Folders • Configuring NTFS Permissions • Publishing Shared Folders • Testing Permissions • Configuring Automatic Caching
Module 5: Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
• Modifying Permissions for Active Directory Objects • Delegating Control of Organizational Units
Lab : Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
• Modifying the Delegation of Control Wizard and Delegating Permissions • Testing the Delegated Permissions • Granting Permissions to the Legal Organizational Unit and Creating a Taskpad • Testing the Delegated Permissions
Module 6: Implementing Group Policy
• Implementing Group Policy Objects • Implementing GPOs on a Domain • Managing the Deployment of Group Policy
Lab : Implementing a GPO
• Disabling and Deleting a GPO • Creating and Linking Multiple GPOs • Filtering the GPOs to Exempt Selected Users • Backing Up and Importing GPO Settings
Module 7: Manage the deployment of Group Policy.
• Configuring Group Policy Settings • Assigning Scripts with Group Policy • Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software • Configuring Folder Redirection • Determining Applied GPOs
Lab : Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy
• Creating and Applying a GPO to the Graphics Organizational Unit • Assigning a Logon Script to Connect to a Printer • Using a GPO to Configure the Members of the Backup Operators Group • Using the Group Policy Results Wizard to Verify the Policy Settings
Module 8: Implementing Administrative Templates and Audit Policy
• Overview of Security in Windows Server 2003 • Using Security Templates to Secure Computers • Testing Computer Security Policy • Configuring Auditing • Managing Security Logs
Lab : Managing Security Settings
• Creating a Custom Security Template • Importing and Deploying the Custom Template
Module 9: Preparing to Administer a Server
• Introduction to Administering a Server • Configuring Remote Desktop to Administer a Server • Managing Remote Desktop Connections
Lab : Preparing to Administer a Server
• Enabling Remote Desktop • Creating a Shared Folder on a Remote Computer • Connecting to a Remote Console Session • Creating runas Shortcuts to Administration Tools
Module 10: Preparing to Monitor Server Performance
• Introduction to Monitoring Server Performance • Performing Real-Time and Logged Monitoring • Configuring and Managing Counter Logs • Configuring Alerts
Lab : Preparing to Monitor Server Performance
• Selecting the Appropriate Monitoring Technique
Module 11: Managing Data Storage
• Managing File Compression • Configuring File Encryption • Configuring EFS Recovery Agents • Implementing Disk Quotas
Lab : Managing Data Storage
• Troubleshooting Disk-Quota Entries • Recovering an Encrypted File
Module 12: Managing Disaster Recovery
• Preparing for Disaster Recovery • Backing Up Data • Scheduling Backup Jobs • Restoring Data • Configuring Shadow Copies • Recovering from Server Failure
Lab : Managing Disaster Recovery
• Backing Up the System State Data • Recovering from a Corrupt Registry by Using Last Known Good Configuration • Recovering from a Corrupt Registry by Restoring System State Data
Module 13: Software Maintenance Using Windows Server Update Services
• Introduction to Windows Server Update Services • Installing and Configuring Windows Server Update Services • Managing Windows Server Update Services
Lab : Software Maintenance Using Windows Server Update Services
• Create a Test Computer Group • View the Status of Updates and Computers • Back up WSUS
Module 14: Securing Windows Server 2003
• Introduction to Securing Servers • Implementing Core Server Security • Hardening Servers • Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
Lab : Securing Windows Server 2003
• Using the Security Configuration Wizard • Configuring a Group Policy Object for Member Servers • Scanning a Range of Computers by Using MBSA
Module 15: Self-Study: Implementing Printing
• Multimedia: Introduction to Printing in the Windows Server 2003 Family • Installing and Managing Access to Printers • Managing Printer Drivers • Implementing Printer Locations
Lab : Implementing Printing
• Installing Printers and Setting Printer Locations and Permissions • Searching for Printers and Testing Permissions
Module 16: Self-Study: Managing Printing
• Changing the Location of the Print Spooler • Setting Printer Priorities and Scheduling Printer Availability • Configuring a Printing Pool and Redirecting Print Queues
Lab : Managing Printing
• Installing Printers and Creating a Printing Pool • Setting Printer Priorities and Availability
Module 17: Self-Study: Monitoring Server Performance
• Multimedia: The Primary Server Subsystems • Monitoring Server Memory • Monitoring Processor Usage • Monitoring Disks • Monitoring Network Usage • Monitoring Best Practices
Lab : Monitoring Server Performance
• Create and Configure Alerts • Configure the Messaging Service • Finding a High CPU Usage Process • Finding a High Memory Usage Process
Module 18: Self-Study: Maintaining Device Drivers
• Configuring Device Driver Signing Options • Using Device Driver Rollback
Module 19: Self-Study: Managing Disks
• Preparing Disks • Managing Disk Properties • Managing Mounted Drives • Converting Disks • Creating Volumes • Creating Fault-Tolerant Volumes • Importing a Foreign Disk
Lab : Managing Disks
• Recovering from a Failed Mirrored Drive
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 2273B
Microsoft Certification Courses from ActiviaWe can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.