Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
Designing Security for Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Two-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This two-day instructor-led course enables database administrators who work with enterprise environments to design security for database systems using Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005. The course emphasizes that students should think about the whole environment, which includes business needs, regulatory requirements, network systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to monitor security and respond to threats.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
Module 1: Introduction to Designing SQL Server Security
• Principles of Database Security • Methodology for Designing a SQL Server Security Policy • Monitoring SQL Server Security
Module 2: Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Integrating with Enterprise Authentication Systems • Developing Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Defining SQL Server Security Monitoring Standards
Lab : Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Developing Microsoft Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Integrating SQL Server Security Within the Active Directory Environment • Integrating SQL Server Security With Firewall Configurations • Discussing Systems Infrastructure Security Integration
Lab : Creating an Infrastructure Security Inventory
• Auditing the SQL Server Logins • Auditing the Windows Local Password Policy • Auditing SQL Server Service Accounts • Monitoring Security at the Enterprise and Server Levels
Module 3: Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Defining Security Monitoring Standards for Instances and Databases
Lab : Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Discussing Database Security Exceptions
Lab : Validating Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Auditing Existing Server Logins • Auditing SQL Server Roles Membership • Analyzing Existing Object Permissions • Monitoring Security at the Instance and Database Level
Module 4: Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Securing Data by Using Encryption and Certificates • Designing Data Encryption Policies • Determining a Key Storage Method
Lab : Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Selecting a Data Security Method • Designing a Data Encryption Security Policy • Selecting a Key Storage Method
Module 5: Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Analyzing Business and Regulatory Requirements • Determining the Exceptions and their Impact
Lab : Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Identifying Variations from the Security Policy • Obtaining Approval of the Security Policy • Discussing the Results of Policy Approval Presentations
Module 6: Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal and SQL Injection Attacks
Lab : Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal Attacks • Validating a Security Policy
Microsoft Course 2787A
We can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.