Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
Designing Security for Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This two-day instructor-led course enables database administrators who work with enterprise environments to design security for database systems using Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005. The course emphasizes that students should think about the whole environment, which includes business needs, regulatory requirements, network systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to monitor security and respond to threats.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
Module 1: Introduction to Designing SQL Server Security
• Principles of Database Security • Methodology for Designing a SQL Server Security Policy • Monitoring SQL Server Security
Module 2: Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Integrating with Enterprise Authentication Systems • Developing Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Defining SQL Server Security Monitoring Standards
Lab : Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Developing Microsoft Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Integrating SQL Server Security Within the Active Directory Environment • Integrating SQL Server Security With Firewall Configurations • Discussing Systems Infrastructure Security Integration
Lab : Creating an Infrastructure Security Inventory
• Auditing the SQL Server Logins • Auditing the Windows Local Password Policy • Auditing SQL Server Service Accounts • Monitoring Security at the Enterprise and Server Levels
Module 3: Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Defining Security Monitoring Standards for Instances and Databases
Lab : Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Discussing Database Security Exceptions
Lab : Validating Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Auditing Existing Server Logins • Auditing SQL Server Roles Membership • Analyzing Existing Object Permissions • Monitoring Security at the Instance and Database Level
Module 4: Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Securing Data by Using Encryption and Certificates • Designing Data Encryption Policies • Determining a Key Storage Method
Lab : Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Selecting a Data Security Method • Designing a Data Encryption Security Policy • Selecting a Key Storage Method
Module 5: Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Analyzing Business and Regulatory Requirements • Determining the Exceptions and their Impact
Lab : Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Identifying Variations from the Security Policy • Obtaining Approval of the Security Policy • Discussing the Results of Policy Approval Presentations
Module 6: Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal and SQL Injection Attacks
Lab : Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal Attacks • Validating a Security Policy
Microsoft Course 2787A
Microsoft Certification Courses from ActiviaWe can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.