Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
Designing Security for Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This two-day instructor-led course enables database administrators who work with enterprise environments to design security for database systems using Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005. The course emphasizes that students should think about the whole environment, which includes business needs, regulatory requirements, network systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to monitor security and respond to threats.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
Module 1: Introduction to Designing SQL Server Security
• Principles of Database Security • Methodology for Designing a SQL Server Security Policy • Monitoring SQL Server Security
Module 2: Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Integrating with Enterprise Authentication Systems • Developing Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Defining SQL Server Security Monitoring Standards
Lab : Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Developing Microsoft Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Integrating SQL Server Security Within the Active Directory Environment • Integrating SQL Server Security With Firewall Configurations • Discussing Systems Infrastructure Security Integration
Lab : Creating an Infrastructure Security Inventory
• Auditing the SQL Server Logins • Auditing the Windows Local Password Policy • Auditing SQL Server Service Accounts • Monitoring Security at the Enterprise and Server Levels
Module 3: Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Defining Security Monitoring Standards for Instances and Databases
Lab : Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Discussing Database Security Exceptions
Lab : Validating Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Auditing Existing Server Logins • Auditing SQL Server Roles Membership • Analyzing Existing Object Permissions • Monitoring Security at the Instance and Database Level
Module 4: Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Securing Data by Using Encryption and Certificates • Designing Data Encryption Policies • Determining a Key Storage Method
Lab : Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Selecting a Data Security Method • Designing a Data Encryption Security Policy • Selecting a Key Storage Method
Module 5: Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Analyzing Business and Regulatory Requirements • Determining the Exceptions and their Impact
Lab : Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Identifying Variations from the Security Policy • Obtaining Approval of the Security Policy • Discussing the Results of Policy Approval Presentations
Module 6: Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal and SQL Injection Attacks
Lab : Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal Attacks • Validating a Security Policy
Microsoft Course 2787A
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your MCSA, MCTS and MCITP certification courses will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for courses for Microsoft Certification wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your MS Certification training classes as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house certification courses for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about MS Certification training courses UK from Activia