Microsoft Certification Courses
Designing Security for Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This two-day instructor-led course enables database administrators who work with enterprise environments to design security for database systems using Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005. The course emphasizes that students should think about the whole environment, which includes business needs, regulatory requirements, network systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to monitor security and respond to threats.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
Module 1: Introduction to Designing SQL Server Security
• Principles of Database Security • Methodology for Designing a SQL Server Security Policy • Monitoring SQL Server Security
Module 2: Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Integrating with Enterprise Authentication Systems • Developing Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Defining SQL Server Security Monitoring Standards
Lab : Designing a SQL Server Systems Infrastructure Security Policy
• Developing Microsoft Windows Server-Level Security Policies • Developing a Secure Communication Policy • Integrating SQL Server Security Within the Active Directory Environment • Integrating SQL Server Security With Firewall Configurations • Discussing Systems Infrastructure Security Integration
Lab : Creating an Infrastructure Security Inventory
• Auditing the SQL Server Logins • Auditing the Windows Local Password Policy • Auditing SQL Server Service Accounts • Monitoring Security at the Enterprise and Server Levels
Module 3: Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Defining Security Monitoring Standards for Instances and Databases
Lab : Designing Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Designing an Instance-Level Security Policy • Designing a Database-Level Security Policy • Designing an Object-Level Security Policy • Discussing Database Security Exceptions
Lab : Validating Security Policies for Instances and Databases
• Auditing Existing Server Logins • Auditing SQL Server Roles Membership • Analyzing Existing Object Permissions • Monitoring Security at the Instance and Database Level
Module 4: Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Securing Data by Using Encryption and Certificates • Designing Data Encryption Policies • Determining a Key Storage Method
Lab : Integrating Data Encryption into a Database Security Design
• Selecting a Data Security Method • Designing a Data Encryption Security Policy • Selecting a Key Storage Method
Module 5: Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Analyzing Business and Regulatory Requirements • Determining the Exceptions and their Impact
Lab : Designing a Security Exceptions Policy
• Identifying Variations from the Security Policy • Obtaining Approval of the Security Policy • Discussing the Results of Policy Approval Presentations
Module 6: Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal and SQL Injection Attacks
Lab : Designing a Response Strategy for Threats and Attacks
• Designing a Response Policy for Virus and Worm Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Denial-of-Service Attacks • Designing a Response Policy for Internal Attacks • Validating a Security Policy
Microsoft Course 2787A
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for UK wide training courses for business in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses.
If you are looking for accredited workplace training throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Microsoft Certification Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is MCSA, MCTS and MCITP courses and certification, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for certification courses for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your UK wide training courses for business will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house MCSA, MCTS and MCITP courses and certification, you need look no further than Activia.