Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Certification Training Courses From Activia
Designing High Availability Database Solutions Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to design high availability database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The course focuses on teaching experienced database administrators working in enterprise environments to design database solutions that meet the availability needs of their organization. It emphasizes that students should think broadly about high availability, which includes thinking about the database itself and about their entire environment, including business needs; regulatory requirements; and network, systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to document and test the high availability database solution.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
A monitoring tool Microsoft Visio (to create infrastructure diagrams)
Module 1: Selecting the Appropriate High-availability Solution
• Identifying High-availability Requirements and Constraints • Analyzing High-availability Requirements and Constraints • Determining Appropriate High-availability Solutions
Lab : Proposing a High-availability Solution
• Gathering Requirements • Prioritizing Requirements • Determining Appropriate High-availability Technology • Proposing a High-availability Solution
Module 2: Designing a Clustering Solution
• Designing the Platform for Clustering • Designing the SQL Server Cluster Implementation • Designing Recovery Strategies and Test Plans for Database Clustering • Migrating and Upgrading SQL Server Clusters • Designing an Operations Plan for Clustering
Lab : Designing a Database Clustering Solution
• Designing a Cluster Topology • Designing an Operations Plan • Verifying a SQL Server Cluster Configuration • Monitoring a SQL Server Cluster
Module 3: Designing a Highly Available Database Storage Solution
• Determining Storage Requirements for SQL Server Databases • Determining Storage Requirements for SQL Server Components and Files • Designing Storage Solutions for SQL Server Databases • Designing a Backup and Restore Strategy
Lab : Designing a Highly Available Database Storage Solution
• Determining Storage Needs • Selecting the Storage Solution • Designing a RAID Solution • Designing a SAN Solution • Designing a Backup and Restore Strategy
Module 4: Designing a Log Shipping Solution
• Introduction to Designing a Log Shipping Solution • Designing Log Shipping Server Roles and Topology • Designing a Log Shipping Upgrade Strategy • Designing an Operations Plan for Log Shipping
Lab : Designing a Log Shipping Solution
• Selecting the Appropriate Log Shipping Architecture • Designing Log Shipping Database Roles and Topology • Designing an Operations Plan • Verifying and Testing a Log Shipping Solution
Module 5: Designing a Database Mirroring Solution
• Introduction to Designing a Database Mirroring Solution • Designing Database Roles and Topology for Database Mirroring • Converting High-availability Solutions to Database Mirroring • Designing an Operations Plan for Database Mirroring
Lab : Designing a Database Mirroring Solution
• Selecting the Appropriate Mirroring Architecture • Designing Database Roles and Topology for Database Mirroring • Designing an Operations Plan • Evaluating Migration Options from Clustering to Mirroring • Evaluating Migration Options from Log Shipping to Mirroring • Comparing Mirroring with Clustering and Log Shipping
Module 6: Designing a Highly Available Solution Based on Replication
• Introduction to Designing a Replication Solution • Designing a Replication Solution • Designing a Replication Upgrade Strategy • Designing an Operations Plan for Replication
Lab : Designing a Highly-availability Solution Based on Replication
• Selecting the Appropriate Replication Architecture • Designing a Replication Solution • Designing an Operations Plan • Designing a Disaster Recovery Strategy By Using MERGE Replication • Designing a Disaster Recovery Strategy By Using TRANSACTIONAL Replication
Module 7: Combining High-availability Technologies
• Evaluating Weaknesses in Each High-availability Technology • Maximizing Availability by Combining High-availability Technologies
Lab : Combining High-availability Technologies
• Evaluating Weaknesses in High-availability Technologies • Maximizing Availability by Combining Technologies
Module 8: Documenting and Testing a High-availability Strategy
• Documenting High-availability Solutions • Creating a Test Plan for High-availability Solutions
Lab : Documenting and Testing a High-availability Strategy
• Documenting the High-availability Solution • Creating a Test Plan
Microsoft Course 2788A
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Microsoft Certification Training Courses from ActiviaWe can provide training in Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with classes for Microsoft Certification.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.