Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Microsoft Certification Training Courses From Activia
Designing High Availability Database Solutions Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to design high availability database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The course focuses on teaching experienced database administrators working in enterprise environments to design database solutions that meet the availability needs of their organization. It emphasizes that students should think broadly about high availability, which includes thinking about the database itself and about their entire environment, including business needs; regulatory requirements; and network, systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to document and test the high availability database solution.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
A monitoring tool Microsoft Visio (to create infrastructure diagrams)
Module 1: Selecting the Appropriate High-availability Solution
• Identifying High-availability Requirements and Constraints • Analyzing High-availability Requirements and Constraints • Determining Appropriate High-availability Solutions
Lab : Proposing a High-availability Solution
• Gathering Requirements • Prioritizing Requirements • Determining Appropriate High-availability Technology • Proposing a High-availability Solution
Module 2: Designing a Clustering Solution
• Designing the Platform for Clustering • Designing the SQL Server Cluster Implementation • Designing Recovery Strategies and Test Plans for Database Clustering • Migrating and Upgrading SQL Server Clusters • Designing an Operations Plan for Clustering
Lab : Designing a Database Clustering Solution
• Designing a Cluster Topology • Designing an Operations Plan • Verifying a SQL Server Cluster Configuration • Monitoring a SQL Server Cluster
Module 3: Designing a Highly Available Database Storage Solution
• Determining Storage Requirements for SQL Server Databases • Determining Storage Requirements for SQL Server Components and Files • Designing Storage Solutions for SQL Server Databases • Designing a Backup and Restore Strategy
Lab : Designing a Highly Available Database Storage Solution
• Determining Storage Needs • Selecting the Storage Solution • Designing a RAID Solution • Designing a SAN Solution • Designing a Backup and Restore Strategy
Module 4: Designing a Log Shipping Solution
• Introduction to Designing a Log Shipping Solution • Designing Log Shipping Server Roles and Topology • Designing a Log Shipping Upgrade Strategy • Designing an Operations Plan for Log Shipping
Lab : Designing a Log Shipping Solution
• Selecting the Appropriate Log Shipping Architecture • Designing Log Shipping Database Roles and Topology • Designing an Operations Plan • Verifying and Testing a Log Shipping Solution
Module 5: Designing a Database Mirroring Solution
• Introduction to Designing a Database Mirroring Solution • Designing Database Roles and Topology for Database Mirroring • Converting High-availability Solutions to Database Mirroring • Designing an Operations Plan for Database Mirroring
Lab : Designing a Database Mirroring Solution
• Selecting the Appropriate Mirroring Architecture • Designing Database Roles and Topology for Database Mirroring • Designing an Operations Plan • Evaluating Migration Options from Clustering to Mirroring • Evaluating Migration Options from Log Shipping to Mirroring • Comparing Mirroring with Clustering and Log Shipping
Module 6: Designing a Highly Available Solution Based on Replication
• Introduction to Designing a Replication Solution • Designing a Replication Solution • Designing a Replication Upgrade Strategy • Designing an Operations Plan for Replication
Lab : Designing a Highly-availability Solution Based on Replication
• Selecting the Appropriate Replication Architecture • Designing a Replication Solution • Designing an Operations Plan • Designing a Disaster Recovery Strategy By Using MERGE Replication • Designing a Disaster Recovery Strategy By Using TRANSACTIONAL Replication
Module 7: Combining High-availability Technologies
• Evaluating Weaknesses in Each High-availability Technology • Maximizing Availability by Combining High-availability Technologies
Lab : Combining High-availability Technologies
• Evaluating Weaknesses in High-availability Technologies • Maximizing Availability by Combining Technologies
Module 8: Documenting and Testing a High-availability Strategy
• Documenting High-availability Solutions • Creating a Test Plan for High-availability Solutions
Lab : Documenting and Testing a High-availability Strategy
• Documenting the High-availability Solution • Creating a Test Plan
Microsoft Course 2788A
We can provide training in Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with classes for Microsoft Certification.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.