Designing High Availability Database Solutions Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to design high availability database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The course focuses on teaching experienced database administrators working in enterprise environments to design database solutions that meet the availability needs of their organization. It emphasizes that students should think broadly about high availability, which includes thinking about the database itself and about their entire environment, including business needs; regulatory requirements; and network, systems, and database considerations during design. Students will also learn how to document and test the high availability database solution.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment. Before attending this course, delegates must:
A monitoring tool Microsoft Visio (to create infrastructure diagrams)
Module 1: Selecting the Appropriate High-availability Solution
• Identifying High-availability Requirements and Constraints • Analyzing High-availability Requirements and Constraints • Determining Appropriate High-availability Solutions
Lab : Proposing a High-availability Solution
• Gathering Requirements • Prioritizing Requirements • Determining Appropriate High-availability Technology • Proposing a High-availability Solution
Module 2: Designing a Clustering Solution
• Designing the Platform for Clustering • Designing the SQL Server Cluster Implementation • Designing Recovery Strategies and Test Plans for Database Clustering • Migrating and Upgrading SQL Server Clusters • Designing an Operations Plan for Clustering
Lab : Designing a Database Clustering Solution
• Designing a Cluster Topology • Designing an Operations Plan • Verifying a SQL Server Cluster Configuration • Monitoring a SQL Server Cluster
Module 3: Designing a Highly Available Database Storage Solution
• Determining Storage Requirements for SQL Server Databases • Determining Storage Requirements for SQL Server Components and Files • Designing Storage Solutions for SQL Server Databases • Designing a Backup and Restore Strategy
Lab : Designing a Highly Available Database Storage Solution
• Determining Storage Needs • Selecting the Storage Solution • Designing a RAID Solution • Designing a SAN Solution • Designing a Backup and Restore Strategy
Module 4: Designing a Log Shipping Solution
• Introduction to Designing a Log Shipping Solution • Designing Log Shipping Server Roles and Topology • Designing a Log Shipping Upgrade Strategy • Designing an Operations Plan for Log Shipping
Lab : Designing a Log Shipping Solution
• Selecting the Appropriate Log Shipping Architecture • Designing Log Shipping Database Roles and Topology • Designing an Operations Plan • Verifying and Testing a Log Shipping Solution
Module 5: Designing a Database Mirroring Solution
• Introduction to Designing a Database Mirroring Solution • Designing Database Roles and Topology for Database Mirroring • Converting High-availability Solutions to Database Mirroring • Designing an Operations Plan for Database Mirroring
Lab : Designing a Database Mirroring Solution
• Selecting the Appropriate Mirroring Architecture • Designing Database Roles and Topology for Database Mirroring • Designing an Operations Plan • Evaluating Migration Options from Clustering to Mirroring • Evaluating Migration Options from Log Shipping to Mirroring • Comparing Mirroring with Clustering and Log Shipping
Module 6: Designing a Highly Available Solution Based on Replication
• Introduction to Designing a Replication Solution • Designing a Replication Solution • Designing a Replication Upgrade Strategy • Designing an Operations Plan for Replication
Lab : Designing a Highly-availability Solution Based on Replication
• Selecting the Appropriate Replication Architecture • Designing a Replication Solution • Designing an Operations Plan • Designing a Disaster Recovery Strategy By Using MERGE Replication • Designing a Disaster Recovery Strategy By Using TRANSACTIONAL Replication
Module 7: Combining High-availability Technologies
• Evaluating Weaknesses in Each High-availability Technology • Maximizing Availability by Combining High-availability Technologies
Lab : Combining High-availability Technologies
• Evaluating Weaknesses in High-availability Technologies • Maximizing Availability by Combining Technologies
Module 8: Documenting and Testing a High-availability Strategy
• Documenting High-availability Solutions • Creating a Test Plan for High-availability Solutions
Lab : Documenting and Testing a High-availability Strategy
• Documenting the High-availability Solution • Creating a Test Plan
Microsoft Course 2788A
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training for Microsoft Certification UK wide in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Training.
If you are looking for certified Microsoft courses throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Microsoft Certification at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is MCSA, MCTS and MCITP training and certification, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for certification for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training for Microsoft Certification UK wide will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house MCSA, MCTS and MCITP training and certification, you need look no further than Activia.