Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Windows Server 2008 Certification from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Windows Server 2008 Certification From Activia
Updating Network Infrastructure/Active Directory to Windows Server 2008
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to work with Network Infrastructure and Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2008. This course is intended for individuals who already have experience with Network Infrastructure and Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003 to upgrade their skills to Windows Server 2008. Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge.
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2008
• Server Manager Roles • Windows Server 2008 Features • Active Directory Improvements
Lab : Configuring Windows Server 2008
• Initial Configuration Tasks • Server Manager Console • Server Manager Wizards • Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Windows Deployment Services
• Introducing Windows Deployment Services • WDS Components
Lab : Working With Windows Deployment Services
• Install and Configure Windows Deployment Services • Working with Images • Creating Images • Using Unattend Files
Module 3: Windows Server 2008 Server Core
• Server Core Introduction • Configuring and Managing Server Core
Lab : Server Core
• Installing Windows Server Core • Configure Server Core • Add and Configure Server Roles • Add Backup Feature • Managing Server Core
Module 4: Windows Backup
• Backup Infrastructure • Optical Media • Restore Utilities
Lab : Backup and Restore System Data
• Perform Installation Tasks • Schedule a Backup • Create a Manual Backup • Schedule Daily AD DS Backup via Command Line • Backup and Recovery with Vista Client • Restore Files and Folders • Perform Windows RE Tasks
Module 5: Windows Server 2008 Updates to Networking
• Networking with Windows Server 2008 • New Networking Features • DNS with Windows Server 2008 • Configuring Routing • Configuring Wireless Settings in Server 2008
Lab : Reviewing Networking Defaults and Settings
• Review the Network Center • Creating Domain Isolation Policies • Create a Centralized QoS Policy • Communicate with Link-Local Addresses
Lab : DNS Management Settings
• Creating Zones in Windows Server 2008 • Create Resource Records • Configure Zone Transfers
Module 6: Network Policies and Access Protection
• Network Policies Access Protection • Enforcement Options • Network Access Protection Scenarios • Routing and Remote Access
Lab : Using Network Access Protection
• Configuring Network Access Protection for DHCP • Configuring Network Access Protection for VPN • Configuring Network Access Protection for IPsec
Module 7: Hyper-V
• Introducing Hyper-V • Configuring Hyper-V
Lab : Configuring Hyper-V
• Install and Configure Hyper-V • Configure Virtual Networks • Add Virtual Machines • Monitoring and Optimization
Module 8: Planning for Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Services
• Planning for AD DS Deployment • Upgrade Considerations
Lab : Installing a Windows Server 2008 Forest
• Install a New Forest
Lab : Installing Windows Server 2008 in an Existing Forest
• Install a Windows Server 2008 DC in an Existing Forest • Verify Active Directory Installation
Module 9: Active Directory Domain Services
• What’s New in AD DS • Manageability and Reliability
Lab : Exploring Active Directory Domain Services
• Create Accounts • Review Operations Masters Role • Review Sites • Working with Subnets • Working with Site-Links • AD DS and Group Policy • Review DNS Configuration
Module 10: Identity and Access Services in Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
• Active Directory Federation Services • Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services • Active Directory Rights Management Services
Lab : Active Directory Federation Services
• Install AD FS • Configure Certificates • Configure Web Server • Configure the Account Federation Server • Configure the Resource Federation Server • Access Application from Client Computer
Module 11: Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Read-Only Domain Controllers • Read-Only Domain Controller Operation
Lab : Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Deploying an RODC • Administering an RODC
Module 12: Auditing Active Directory Domain Services Changes
• What’s New in AD DS Auditing • Implementing AD DS Change Auditing
Lab : Using AD DS Auditing
• Set-up AD DS Auditing • Create and View Auditing Events
Module 13: Enterprise PKI Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
• Certificate Authority
Lab : PKI Enhancements in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
• Add a Certificate Server Role • Exploring New Enrollment UI • Introducing CA performance monitors UI • Exploring delegated enrollment UI • Introducing OCSP configuration UI • Explore Certificate Revocation
Module 14: High Availability Features
• Failover Clustering • Network Load Balancing
Lab : High Availability Features
• Installing a Two-Node File Server Cluster • Configure Network Load Balancing with IIS
Module 15: Performance Monitoring and Optimization
• Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor • Microsoft Windows System Resource Manager • Monitoring Events
Lab : Performance Monitoring and Optimization
• Reviewing Performance and Reliability Monitoring • Key Scenarios for Monitoring Performance and Reliability • Add Windows System Resource Manager Feature • Windows System Resource Manager Scenarios • Configure Windows System Resource Manager for Terminal Services
Module 16: Software Maintenance Using Windows Server Update Services
• Introduction to Windows Server Update Services • Installing and Configuring Windows Server Update Services • Managing Windows Server Update Services
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows Server Update Services
• Install Prerequisites • Install WSUS • Restore a WSUS Installation • Create a Computer Group and Manage Updates
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6416B
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your certified training courses in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for certification in Windows Server 2008 wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your training classes for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house training course for MS Windows Server 2008, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Microsoft Windows Server 2008 certification UK from Activia