Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Windows Server 2008 Certification From Activia
Updating Network Infrastructure/Active Directory to Windows Server 2008
A Five-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to work with Network Infrastructure and Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2008. This course is intended for individuals who already have experience with Network Infrastructure and Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003 to upgrade their skills to Windows Server 2008. Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge.
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2008
• Server Manager Roles • Windows Server 2008 Features • Active Directory Improvements
Lab : Configuring Windows Server 2008
• Initial Configuration Tasks • Server Manager Console • Server Manager Wizards • Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Windows Deployment Services
• Introducing Windows Deployment Services • WDS Components
Lab : Working With Windows Deployment Services
• Install and Configure Windows Deployment Services • Working with Images • Creating Images • Using Unattend Files
Module 3: Windows Server 2008 Server Core
• Server Core Introduction • Configuring and Managing Server Core
Lab : Server Core
• Installing Windows Server Core • Configure Server Core • Add and Configure Server Roles • Add Backup Feature • Managing Server Core
Module 4: Windows Backup
• Backup Infrastructure • Optical Media • Restore Utilities
Lab : Backup and Restore System Data
• Perform Installation Tasks • Schedule a Backup • Create a Manual Backup • Schedule Daily AD DS Backup via Command Line • Backup and Recovery with Vista Client • Restore Files and Folders • Perform Windows RE Tasks
Module 5: Windows Server 2008 Updates to Networking
• Networking with Windows Server 2008 • New Networking Features • DNS with Windows Server 2008 • Configuring Routing • Configuring Wireless Settings in Server 2008
Lab : Reviewing Networking Defaults and Settings
• Review the Network Center • Creating Domain Isolation Policies • Create a Centralized QoS Policy • Communicate with Link-Local Addresses
Lab : DNS Management Settings
• Creating Zones in Windows Server 2008 • Create Resource Records • Configure Zone Transfers
Module 6: Network Policies and Access Protection
• Network Policies Access Protection • Enforcement Options • Network Access Protection Scenarios • Routing and Remote Access
Lab : Using Network Access Protection
• Configuring Network Access Protection for DHCP • Configuring Network Access Protection for VPN • Configuring Network Access Protection for IPsec
Module 7: Hyper-V
• Introducing Hyper-V • Configuring Hyper-V
Lab : Configuring Hyper-V
• Install and Configure Hyper-V • Configure Virtual Networks • Add Virtual Machines • Monitoring and Optimization
Module 8: Planning for Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Services
• Planning for AD DS Deployment • Upgrade Considerations
Lab : Installing a Windows Server 2008 Forest
• Install a New Forest
Lab : Installing Windows Server 2008 in an Existing Forest
• Install a Windows Server 2008 DC in an Existing Forest • Verify Active Directory Installation
Module 9: Active Directory Domain Services
• What’s New in AD DS • Manageability and Reliability
Lab : Exploring Active Directory Domain Services
• Create Accounts • Review Operations Masters Role • Review Sites • Working with Subnets • Working with Site-Links • AD DS and Group Policy • Review DNS Configuration
Module 10: Identity and Access Services in Windows Server 2008 Active Directory
• Active Directory Federation Services • Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services • Active Directory Rights Management Services
Lab : Active Directory Federation Services
• Install AD FS • Configure Certificates • Configure Web Server • Configure the Account Federation Server • Configure the Resource Federation Server • Access Application from Client Computer
Module 11: Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Read-Only Domain Controllers • Read-Only Domain Controller Operation
Lab : Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Deploying an RODC • Administering an RODC
Module 12: Auditing Active Directory Domain Services Changes
• What’s New in AD DS Auditing • Implementing AD DS Change Auditing
Lab : Using AD DS Auditing
• Set-up AD DS Auditing • Create and View Auditing Events
Module 13: Enterprise PKI Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
• Certificate Authority
Lab : PKI Enhancements in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
• Add a Certificate Server Role • Exploring New Enrollment UI • Introducing CA performance monitors UI • Exploring delegated enrollment UI • Introducing OCSP configuration UI • Explore Certificate Revocation
Module 14: High Availability Features
• Failover Clustering • Network Load Balancing
Lab : High Availability Features
• Installing a Two-Node File Server Cluster • Configure Network Load Balancing with IIS
Module 15: Performance Monitoring and Optimization
• Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor • Microsoft Windows System Resource Manager • Monitoring Events
Lab : Performance Monitoring and Optimization
• Reviewing Performance and Reliability Monitoring • Key Scenarios for Monitoring Performance and Reliability • Add Windows System Resource Manager Feature • Windows System Resource Manager Scenarios • Configure Windows System Resource Manager for Terminal Services
Module 16: Software Maintenance Using Windows Server Update Services
• Introduction to Windows Server Update Services • Installing and Configuring Windows Server Update Services • Managing Windows Server Update Services
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows Server Update Services
• Install Prerequisites • Install WSUS • Restore a WSUS Installation • Create a Computer Group and Manage Updates
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6416B
We can provide certification in Windows Server 2008 at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training classes for Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.