Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Microsoft Certification Training Courses from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Certification Training Courses From Activia
Updating Applications Infrastructure Skills to Windows Server 2008
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three day instructor led course provides students with an understanding of Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows Server 2008. This course is intended to allow individuals who already have experience with Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 to upgrade their skills to Windows Server 2008.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge. Before attending this course, delegates must have one or more of the following:
Module 1: Server Roles and Initial Configuration Tasks
• Application Server Roles • Application Server Features • Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK
Lab : Server Roles and Configuration Tasks
• Perform Initial Configuration Tasks • Add Windows Features
Module 2: Overview of IIS 7.0 Application Server
• Review of IIS 6.0 • Review SMTP in Windows Server 2008 • Key Improvements in IIS 7.0 • IIS 7.0 Configuration System • Adding the SMTP Feature
Lab : Introducing IIS 7.0
• Adding the Web Server Role and Additional Services • Reviewing the IIS 7.0 Administration Interface • Add an ASP.NET Application
Module 3: Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
• Managing IIS 7.0 • Using Hierarchical Configuration Settings • Delegating Configuration to Non-Administrator Users
Lab : Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
• Using IIS 7.0 Configuration Files to Control Delegation • Extending the User Interface with Custom Features • Controlling Delegation Using Locking • Using IIS 7.0 to Configure SSL
Module 4: Troubleshooting Web Servers
• Troubleshooting IIS 7.0 • Using the Runtime Control and Status API • Using Automatic Failed Request Tracing • Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Lab : Troubleshooting Web Servers
• Tracing Failed Requests • Using RSCA to View Executing Requests • Using Managed APIs to Access RSCA Data • Using Trace Events in ASPX Pages • Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Module 5: Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
• Overview of Windows SharePoint Services • Collaborative Technologies with WSS • Planning the WSS 3.0 Environment • Installing and Configuring WSS 3.0
Lab : Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
• Installing and Configuring the Central Administration Site • Creating a Site Connection
Module 6: Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Creating and Configuring Sites2 • Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Lab : Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Starting the Windows SharePoint Services Search Service • Configuring Alternate Access Mappings • Managing Site Settings • Troubleshooting WSS 3.0 Server Performance Issues
Module 7: Configuring Terminal Services
• Terminal Services Overview • Terminal Services Core Functionality • Terminal Services Web Access • Terminal Services Licensing
Lab : Exploring Terminal Services
• Installing Terminal Services • Remote Desktop Connection • Configure TS Web Access
Module 8: Managing Terminal Services
• Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs • Terminal Services Gateway • Managing Terminal Services
Lab : Managing Terminal Services
• Using Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs • Configuring Terminal Services Gateway • Managing TS Remote Programs • Managing Terminal Server • Optimizing Terminal Services Performance
Module 9: Configuring Storage
• Preparing Disks • Managing Disk Properties • Managing Mounted Drives • Converting Disks • Creating Volumes • Creating Fault-Tolerant Volumes
Lab : Configuring Storage
• Configure partitions and file systems • Configure Volumes
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6417B
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your MCSA, MCTS and MCITP training and certification will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training in Microsoft Certification wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Microsoft MCSA MCTS & MCITP Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Microsoft MCSA MCTS & MCITP Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your classes for Microsoft Certification as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house certification for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Microsoft Certification training courses UK from Activia