Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Microsoft Certification Training Courses From Activia
Updating Applications Infrastructure Skills to Windows Server 2008
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three day instructor led course provides students with an understanding of Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows Server 2008. This course is intended to allow individuals who already have experience with Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 to upgrade their skills to Windows Server 2008.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge. Before attending this course, delegates must have one or more of the following:
Module 1: Server Roles and Initial Configuration Tasks
• Application Server Roles • Application Server Features • Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK
Lab : Server Roles and Configuration Tasks
• Perform Initial Configuration Tasks • Add Windows Features
Module 2: Overview of IIS 7.0 Application Server
• Review of IIS 6.0 • Review SMTP in Windows Server 2008 • Key Improvements in IIS 7.0 • IIS 7.0 Configuration System • Adding the SMTP Feature
Lab : Introducing IIS 7.0
• Adding the Web Server Role and Additional Services • Reviewing the IIS 7.0 Administration Interface • Add an ASP.NET Application
Module 3: Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
• Managing IIS 7.0 • Using Hierarchical Configuration Settings • Delegating Configuration to Non-Administrator Users
Lab : Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
• Using IIS 7.0 Configuration Files to Control Delegation • Extending the User Interface with Custom Features • Controlling Delegation Using Locking • Using IIS 7.0 to Configure SSL
Module 4: Troubleshooting Web Servers
• Troubleshooting IIS 7.0 • Using the Runtime Control and Status API • Using Automatic Failed Request Tracing • Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Lab : Troubleshooting Web Servers
• Tracing Failed Requests • Using RSCA to View Executing Requests • Using Managed APIs to Access RSCA Data • Using Trace Events in ASPX Pages • Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Module 5: Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
• Overview of Windows SharePoint Services • Collaborative Technologies with WSS • Planning the WSS 3.0 Environment • Installing and Configuring WSS 3.0
Lab : Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
• Installing and Configuring the Central Administration Site • Creating a Site Connection
Module 6: Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Creating and Configuring Sites2 • Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Lab : Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Starting the Windows SharePoint Services Search Service • Configuring Alternate Access Mappings • Managing Site Settings • Troubleshooting WSS 3.0 Server Performance Issues
Module 7: Configuring Terminal Services
• Terminal Services Overview • Terminal Services Core Functionality • Terminal Services Web Access • Terminal Services Licensing
Lab : Exploring Terminal Services
• Installing Terminal Services • Remote Desktop Connection • Configure TS Web Access
Module 8: Managing Terminal Services
• Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs • Terminal Services Gateway • Managing Terminal Services
Lab : Managing Terminal Services
• Using Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs • Configuring Terminal Services Gateway • Managing TS Remote Programs • Managing Terminal Server • Optimizing Terminal Services Performance
Module 9: Configuring Storage
• Preparing Disks • Managing Disk Properties • Managing Mounted Drives • Converting Disks • Creating Volumes • Creating Fault-Tolerant Volumes
Lab : Configuring Storage
• Configure partitions and file systems • Configure Volumes
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6417B
We can provide training in Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with classes for Microsoft Certification.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.