Updating Applications Infrastructure Skills to Windows Server 2008
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This three day instructor led course provides students with an understanding of Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows Server 2008. This course is intended to allow individuals who already have experience with Applications Infrastructure technologies in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 to upgrade their skills to Windows Server 2008.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies included in Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge. Before attending this course, delegates must have one or more of the following:
Module 1: Server Roles and Initial Configuration Tasks
• Application Server Roles • Application Server Features • Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK
Lab : Server Roles and Configuration Tasks
• Perform Initial Configuration Tasks • Add Windows Features
Module 2: Overview of IIS 7.0 Application Server
• Review of IIS 6.0 • Review SMTP in Windows Server 2008 • Key Improvements in IIS 7.0 • IIS 7.0 Configuration System • Adding the SMTP Feature
Lab : Introducing IIS 7.0
• Adding the Web Server Role and Additional Services • Reviewing the IIS 7.0 Administration Interface • Add an ASP.NET Application
Module 3: Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
• Managing IIS 7.0 • Using Hierarchical Configuration Settings • Delegating Configuration to Non-Administrator Users
Lab : Managing Web Applications with IIS 7.0
• Using IIS 7.0 Configuration Files to Control Delegation • Extending the User Interface with Custom Features • Controlling Delegation Using Locking • Using IIS 7.0 to Configure SSL
Module 4: Troubleshooting Web Servers
• Troubleshooting IIS 7.0 • Using the Runtime Control and Status API • Using Automatic Failed Request Tracing • Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Lab : Troubleshooting Web Servers
• Tracing Failed Requests • Using RSCA to View Executing Requests • Using Managed APIs to Access RSCA Data • Using Trace Events in ASPX Pages • Adding Trace Events to Managed Modules
Module 5: Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
• Overview of Windows SharePoint Services • Collaborative Technologies with WSS • Planning the WSS 3.0 Environment • Installing and Configuring WSS 3.0
Lab : Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platform
• Installing and Configuring the Central Administration Site • Creating a Site Connection
Module 6: Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Creating and Configuring Sites2 • Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Lab : Configuring and Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
• Starting the Windows SharePoint Services Search Service • Configuring Alternate Access Mappings • Managing Site Settings • Troubleshooting WSS 3.0 Server Performance Issues
Module 7: Configuring Terminal Services
• Terminal Services Overview • Terminal Services Core Functionality • Terminal Services Web Access • Terminal Services Licensing
Lab : Exploring Terminal Services
• Installing Terminal Services • Remote Desktop Connection • Configure TS Web Access
Module 8: Managing Terminal Services
• Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs • Terminal Services Gateway • Managing Terminal Services
Lab : Managing Terminal Services
• Using Terminal Services RemoteApp Programs • Configuring Terminal Services Gateway • Managing TS Remote Programs • Managing Terminal Server • Optimizing Terminal Services Performance
Module 9: Configuring Storage
• Preparing Disks • Managing Disk Properties • Managing Mounted Drives • Converting Disks • Creating Volumes • Creating Fault-Tolerant Volumes
Lab : Configuring Storage
• Configure partitions and file systems • Configure Volumes
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6417B
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training for Microsoft Certification UK wide in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Training.
If you are looking for certified Microsoft courses throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Microsoft Certification at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is MCSA, MCTS and MCITP training and certification, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for certification for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training for Microsoft Certification UK wide will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house MCSA, MCTS and MCITP training and certification, you need look no further than Activia.