Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Windows Server 2008 Training Courses From Activia
Deploying Windows Server 2008
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This 3-day instructor-led course provides students with an understanding of migrating and deploying Windows Server 2008 including installation, configuration, and upgrading. Special emphasis is given to upgrading common server configurations and using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced with Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge.
Module 1: Windows Server 2008 Installation and Configuration
• Windows Server 2008 Setup Improvements and Requirements • Windows Server 2008 Server Core Installation • Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK
Lab : Install Windows Server 2008
• Install Windows Server 2008 • Install Windows Server Core 2008
Module 2: Windows Server Core 2008 Configuration
• Server Core Basic Configuration • Configuring Server Core Roles
Lab : Configure Windows Server Core 2008
• Configure Windows Server Core • Add and configure Windows Server Core roles • Add the Backup feature to Windows Server Core • Manage Windows Server Core
Module 3: Windows Server 2008 Unattended Installation
• Unattended Windows Server 2008 Installation • Unattended Domain Controller Installation
Lab : Install Active Directory on Server Core Using an Unattend File
• Create an answer file for use with Dcpromo.
Lab : Deploy an RODC in a Remote Infrastructure Using an Unattend File
• Create an Unattend file to automate RODC installation. • Deploy an RODC using an answer file.
Module 4: Using Windows Deployment Services
• Windows Deployment Services • Working with the WIM Format
Lab : Working with Windows Deployment Services
• Install and configure Windows Deployment Services. • Create operating system images in WDS. • Add components like language packs to an image. • Use an Unattend file with WDS. • Configure custom computer naming for large scale WDS deployments. • Deploy images with WDS.
Module 5: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
• Introduction to the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Lab : Installing, Configuring, and Using MDT
• Install Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Configure Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Create an MDT build • Create MDT deployment points • Perform a Lite Touch installation using MDT
Module 6: Upgrading and Migrating Active Directory
• Windows Server 2008 Upgrade Overview • Upgrading Windows Server 2003 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008 • Active Directory Upgrade Sequence
Lab : Preparing the Active Directory Environment for Windows Server 2008
• Prepare a Windows Server 2003 forest for upgrade to Windows Server 2008. • Prepare a Windows Server 2003 domain for upgrade to Windows Server 2008.
Lab : Installing an Additional Windows Server 2008 Domain Controller
• Install a domain controller in an existing domain using the Windows interface. • Install a domain controller in an existing domain using the Command Line.
Module 7: Upgrading File and Print, Web, and Remote Infrastructure Servers
• Ugrading File and Print Servers • Upgrading Web and Application Servers • Upgrading Remote Infrastructure Servers
Lab : Upgrading a Windows Server 2003 File and Print Server
• Install and configure the file and print server roles • Create and replicate a DFS namespace • Schedule a backup • Migrate a printer
Lab : Upgrading a Windows Server 2003 Web Server to Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.0
• Export an application and configuration from an IIS 6.0 server • Configure IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008 • Import a configuration onto Windows Server 2008
Lab : Prepare a Windows Server 2008 Server Core Installation for use as a Remote Infrastructure Server
• Enable Remote Desktop and remote administration of Windows Firewall • Install and configure BitLocker Drive Encryption (BDE) and BDE Remote Admin Tool • Configure admin role separation on a Read-Only Domain Controller • Configure Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
Module 8: Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
• Microsoft Server Virtualization • Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
Lab : Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Server Using VSMT
• Migrate a Windows NT 4.0 server to a virtual machine.
Module 9: Configuring Windows Server 2008 for Performance
• Hardware Considerations • Workload Considerations
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6418B
We can provide training courses for Windows Server 2008 at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification course in MS Windows Server 2008.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.