Windows Server 2008 Training Courses
Deploying Windows Server 2008
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This 3-day instructor-led course provides students with an understanding of migrating and deploying Windows Server 2008 including installation, configuration, and upgrading. Special emphasis is given to upgrading common server configurations and using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced with Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge.
Module 1: Windows Server 2008 Installation and Configuration
• Windows Server 2008 Setup Improvements and Requirements • Windows Server 2008 Server Core Installation • Implement a Volume Licensing Strategy using KMS and MAK
Lab : Install Windows Server 2008
• Install Windows Server 2008 • Install Windows Server Core 2008
Module 2: Windows Server Core 2008 Configuration
• Server Core Basic Configuration • Configuring Server Core Roles
Lab : Configure Windows Server Core 2008
• Configure Windows Server Core • Add and configure Windows Server Core roles • Add the Backup feature to Windows Server Core • Manage Windows Server Core
Module 3: Windows Server 2008 Unattended Installation
• Unattended Windows Server 2008 Installation • Unattended Domain Controller Installation
Lab : Install Active Directory on Server Core Using an Unattend File
• Create an answer file for use with Dcpromo.
Lab : Deploy an RODC in a Remote Infrastructure Using an Unattend File
• Create an Unattend file to automate RODC installation. • Deploy an RODC using an answer file.
Module 4: Using Windows Deployment Services
• Windows Deployment Services • Working with the WIM Format
Lab : Working with Windows Deployment Services
• Install and configure Windows Deployment Services. • Create operating system images in WDS. • Add components like language packs to an image. • Use an Unattend file with WDS. • Configure custom computer naming for large scale WDS deployments. • Deploy images with WDS.
Module 5: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
• Introduction to the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Lab : Installing, Configuring, and Using MDT
• Install Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Configure Microsoft Deployment Toolkit • Create an MDT build • Create MDT deployment points • Perform a Lite Touch installation using MDT
Module 6: Upgrading and Migrating Active Directory
• Windows Server 2008 Upgrade Overview • Upgrading Windows Server 2003 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008 • Active Directory Upgrade Sequence
Lab : Preparing the Active Directory Environment for Windows Server 2008
• Prepare a Windows Server 2003 forest for upgrade to Windows Server 2008. • Prepare a Windows Server 2003 domain for upgrade to Windows Server 2008.
Lab : Installing an Additional Windows Server 2008 Domain Controller
• Install a domain controller in an existing domain using the Windows interface. • Install a domain controller in an existing domain using the Command Line.
Module 7: Upgrading File and Print, Web, and Remote Infrastructure Servers
• Ugrading File and Print Servers • Upgrading Web and Application Servers • Upgrading Remote Infrastructure Servers
Lab : Upgrading a Windows Server 2003 File and Print Server
• Install and configure the file and print server roles • Create and replicate a DFS namespace • Schedule a backup • Migrate a printer
Lab : Upgrading a Windows Server 2003 Web Server to Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.0
• Export an application and configuration from an IIS 6.0 server • Configure IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008 • Import a configuration onto Windows Server 2008
Lab : Prepare a Windows Server 2008 Server Core Installation for use as a Remote Infrastructure Server
• Enable Remote Desktop and remote administration of Windows Firewall • Install and configure BitLocker Drive Encryption (BDE) and BDE Remote Admin Tool • Configure admin role separation on a Read-Only Domain Controller • Configure Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
Module 8: Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
• Microsoft Server Virtualization • Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
Lab : Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Server Using VSMT
• Migrate a Windows NT 4.0 server to a virtual machine.
Module 9: Configuring Windows Server 2008 for Performance
• Hardware Considerations • Workload Considerations
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6418B
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Windows Server 2008 in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp.
If you are looking for certification course in MS Windows Server 2008, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Windows Server 2008 Training Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is certification in Windows Server 2008 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for courses for Windows Server 2008 in MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training courses for Windows Server 2008 will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house certification in Windows Server 2008 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, you need look no further than Activia.