Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Find and book the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Windows Server 2008 Certification From Activia
Configuring Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
A Five-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course combines five days worth of instructor-led training content from the Network Infrastructure Technology Specialist, Active Directory Technology Specialist, and IT Professional Server Administrator courses of Windows Server 2008 to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Windows Server administrators who operate Windows Servers on a daily basis and want to learn the skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining the core technical areas of Windows Server 2008. Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Module 1: Introduction to Managing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Environment
• Server Roles • Overview of Active Directory • Using Windows Server 2008 Administrative Tools • Using Remote Desktop for Administration
Lab : Administering Windows Server 2008
• Install the DNS Server Role • Configuring Remote Desktop for Administration
Module 2: Creating Active Directory Domain Services User and Computer Objects
• Managing User Accounts • Creating Computer Accounts • Automating AD DS Object Management • Using Queries to Locate Objects in AD DS
Lab : Creating AD DS User and Computer Accounts
• Creating and Configuring User Accounts • Creating and Configuring Computer Accounts • Automating the Management of AD DS Objects
Module 3: Creating Groups and Organizational Units
• Introduction to AD DS Groups • Managing Group Accounts • Creating Organizational UnitsLab : Creating an OU Infrastructure • Creating AD DS Groups • Planning an OU Hierarchy (Discussion) • Creating an OU Hierarchy
Module 4: Managing Access to Resources in Active Directory Domain Services
• Managing Access Overview • Managing NTFS File and Folder Permissions • Assigning Permissions to Shared Resources • Determining Effective Permission
Lab : Managing Access to Resources
• Planning a Shared Folder Implementation (Discussion) • Implementing a Shared Folder Implementation • Evaluating the Shared Folder Implementation
Module 5: Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Delegation
• Delegating Control of AD DS Objects
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Trusts
• Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 6: Creating and Configuring Group Policy
• Overview of Group Policy • Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects • Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects • Managing Group Policy Objects • Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Lab : Creating and Configuring GPOs
• Creating and Configuring Group Policy Objects • Managing the Scope of GPO Application
Lab : Verifying and Managing GPOs
• Verifying GPO Application • Managing GPOs • Delegating Administrative Control of GPOs
Module 7: Configuring User and Computer Environments Using Group Policy
• Configuring Group Policy Settings • Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using • roup Policy • Configuring Administrative Templates • Deploying Software Using Group Policy • Configuring Group Policy Preferences • Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting • Troubleshooting Group Policy Application • Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Lab : Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policy
• Configuring Logon Scripts and Folder Redirection
Lab : Configuring Administrative Templates
• Configure Administrative Templates
Lab : Deploying Software with Group Policy
• Deploy a Software Package with Group Policy • Verify Software Installation
Lab : Configuring Group Policy Preferences
• Configure Group Policy Preferences • Verify Group Policy Preferences Application
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Troubleshoot Group Policy Scripts • Troubleshoot GPO Lab-7B • Troubleshoot GPO Lab-7C • Troubleshoot GPO Lab-7D
Module 8: Implementing Security Using Group Policy
• Configuring Security Policies • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software • Managing Security Using Security Templates
Lab : Implementing Security Using Group Policies
• Configuring Account and Security Policy Settings • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies
Lab : Configuring and Verifying Security Policies
• Configuring Restricted Groups and Software Restriction Policies • Configuring Security Templates • Verifying the Security Configuration
Module 9: Configuring Server Security Compliance
• Securing a Windows Infrastructure • Configuring an Audit Policy • Overview of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) • Managing WSUS
Lab : Manage Server Security
• Configuring Windows Software Update Services • Configure Auditing
Module 10: Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
• Windows Server 2008 Storage Management Overview • Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager • Configuring Quota Management • Implementing File Screening • Managing Storage Reports • Understanding Storage Area Networks
Lab : Installing the FSRM Role Service
• Installing the FSRM Role Service
Lab : Configuring Storage Quotas
• Configuring Storage Quotas
Lab : Configuring File Screening
• Configuring File Screening
Lab : Generating Storage Reports
• Generating Storage Reports
Module 11: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
• Distributed Files System (DFS) Overview • Configuring DFS Namespaces • Configuring DFS Replication
Lab : Installing the Distributed File System Role Service and Creating a DFS Namespace
• Installing the Distributed File System Role Service • Creating a DFS Namespace
Lab : Configuring Folder Targets and Viewing Diagnostic Reports
• Configuring Folder Targets and Folder Replication • Viewing Diagnostic Reports for Replicated Folders
Module 12: Configuring Network Access Protection
• Overview of Network Access Protection • How NAP Works • Configuring NAP • Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Configuring NAP for DHCP and VPN
• Configuring NAP for DHCP Clients • Configuring NAP for VPN Clients
Module 13: Configuring Availability of Network Resources
• Configuring Shadow Copies • Providing Server and Service Availability
Lab : Configuring Shadow Copying
• Configuring Shadow Copying
Lab : Configuring and Testing Network Load Balancing
• Configuring and Testing Network Load Balancing
Module 14: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
• Planning Monitoring Tasks•Calculating a Server Baseline • Measuring Performance Objects • Selecting Appropriate Monitoring Tools • Planning Notification Methods • Overview of Windows Server 2008 Maintenance Tasks•Automating Windows Server 2008 Maintenance
Lab : Identifying Windows Server 2008 Monitoring Requirements
• Evaluating Performance Metrics • Monitoring Performance Metrics
Lab : Configuring Windows Server 2008 Monitoring
• Configuring Data Collector Sets • Monitoring Extension Exercise • Automating Maintenance Tasks
Module 15: Managing Windows Server 2008 Backup and Restore
• Planning Backups with Windows Server 2008 • Planning Backup Policy on Windows Server 2008 • Planning a Server Restore Policy • Planning an EFS Restore Policy • Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Startup
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Backup Policy
• Evaluating the Existing Backup Plan • Updating the Backup Policy • Reviewing Backup Policy and Plans • Implementing the Backup Policy
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Restore
• Evaluating Backup Data • Planning a Restore • Investigating a Failed Restore • Restoring System State Data
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6419A
We can provide certification in Windows Server 2008 at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training classes for Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.