Windows Server 2008 Certification
Configuring Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course combines five days worth of instructor-led training content from the Network Infrastructure Technology Specialist, Active Directory Technology Specialist, and IT Professional Server Administrator courses of Windows Server 2008 to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Windows Server administrators who operate Windows Servers on a daily basis and want to learn the skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining the core technical areas of Windows Server 2008. Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Module 1: Introduction to Managing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Environment
• Server Roles • Overview of Active Directory • Using Windows Server 2008 Administrative Tools • Using Remote Desktop for Administration
Lab : Administering Windows Server 2008
• Install the DNS Server Role • Configuring Remote Desktop for Administration
Module 2: Creating Active Directory Domain Services User and Computer Objects
• Managing User Accounts • Creating Computer Accounts • Automating AD DS Object Management • Using Queries to Locate Objects in AD DS
Lab : Creating AD DS User and Computer Accounts
• Creating and Configuring User Accounts • Creating and Configuring Computer Accounts • Automating the Management of AD DS Objects
Module 3: Creating Groups and Organizational Units
• Introduction to AD DS Groups • Managing Group Accounts • Creating Organizational UnitsLab : Creating an OU Infrastructure • Creating AD DS Groups • Planning an OU Hierarchy (Discussion) • Creating an OU Hierarchy
Module 4: Managing Access to Resources in Active Directory Domain Services
• Managing Access Overview • Managing NTFS File and Folder Permissions • Assigning Permissions to Shared Resources • Determining Effective Permission
Lab : Managing Access to Resources
• Planning a Shared Folder Implementation (Discussion) • Implementing a Shared Folder Implementation • Evaluating the Shared Folder Implementation
Module 5: Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Delegation
• Delegating Control of AD DS Objects
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Trusts
• Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 6: Creating and Configuring Group Policy
• Overview of Group Policy • Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects • Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects • Managing Group Policy Objects • Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Lab : Creating and Configuring GPOs
• Creating and Configuring Group Policy Objects • Managing the Scope of GPO Application
Lab : Verifying and Managing GPOs
• Verifying GPO Application • Managing GPOs • Delegating Administrative Control of GPOs
Module 7: Configuring User and Computer Environments Using Group Policy
• Configuring Group Policy Settings • Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using • roup Policy • Configuring Administrative Templates • Deploying Software Using Group Policy • Configuring Group Policy Preferences • Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting • Troubleshooting Group Policy Application • Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Lab : Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policy
• Configuring Logon Scripts and Folder Redirection
Lab : Configuring Administrative Templates
• Configure Administrative Templates
Lab : Deploying Software with Group Policy
• Deploy a Software Package with Group Policy • Verify Software Installation
Lab : Configuring Group Policy Preferences
• Configure Group Policy Preferences • Verify Group Policy Preferences Application
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Troubleshoot Group Policy Scripts • Troubleshoot GPO Lab-7B • Troubleshoot GPO Lab-7C • Troubleshoot GPO Lab-7D
Module 8: Implementing Security Using Group Policy
• Configuring Security Policies • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software • Managing Security Using Security Templates
Lab : Implementing Security Using Group Policies
• Configuring Account and Security Policy Settings • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies
Lab : Configuring and Verifying Security Policies
• Configuring Restricted Groups and Software Restriction Policies • Configuring Security Templates • Verifying the Security Configuration
Module 9: Configuring Server Security Compliance
• Securing a Windows Infrastructure • Configuring an Audit Policy • Overview of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) • Managing WSUS
Lab : Manage Server Security
• Configuring Windows Software Update Services • Configure Auditing
Module 10: Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
• Windows Server 2008 Storage Management Overview • Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager • Configuring Quota Management • Implementing File Screening • Managing Storage Reports • Understanding Storage Area Networks
Lab : Installing the FSRM Role Service
• Installing the FSRM Role Service
Lab : Configuring Storage Quotas
• Configuring Storage Quotas
Lab : Configuring File Screening
• Configuring File Screening
Lab : Generating Storage Reports
• Generating Storage Reports
Module 11: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
• Distributed Files System (DFS) Overview • Configuring DFS Namespaces • Configuring DFS Replication
Lab : Installing the Distributed File System Role Service and Creating a DFS Namespace
• Installing the Distributed File System Role Service • Creating a DFS Namespace
Lab : Configuring Folder Targets and Viewing Diagnostic Reports
• Configuring Folder Targets and Folder Replication • Viewing Diagnostic Reports for Replicated Folders
Module 12: Configuring Network Access Protection
• Overview of Network Access Protection • How NAP Works • Configuring NAP • Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Configuring NAP for DHCP and VPN
• Configuring NAP for DHCP Clients • Configuring NAP for VPN Clients
Module 13: Configuring Availability of Network Resources
• Configuring Shadow Copies • Providing Server and Service Availability
Lab : Configuring Shadow Copying
• Configuring Shadow Copying
Lab : Configuring and Testing Network Load Balancing
• Configuring and Testing Network Load Balancing
Module 14: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
• Planning Monitoring Tasks•Calculating a Server Baseline • Measuring Performance Objects • Selecting Appropriate Monitoring Tools • Planning Notification Methods • Overview of Windows Server 2008 Maintenance Tasks•Automating Windows Server 2008 Maintenance
Lab : Identifying Windows Server 2008 Monitoring Requirements
• Evaluating Performance Metrics • Monitoring Performance Metrics
Lab : Configuring Windows Server 2008 Monitoring
• Configuring Data Collector Sets • Monitoring Extension Exercise • Automating Maintenance Tasks
Module 15: Managing Windows Server 2008 Backup and Restore
• Planning Backups with Windows Server 2008 • Planning Backup Policy on Windows Server 2008 • Planning a Server Restore Policy • Planning an EFS Restore Policy • Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Startup
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Backup Policy
• Evaluating the Existing Backup Plan • Updating the Backup Policy • Reviewing Backup Policy and Plans • Implementing the Backup Policy
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Restore
• Evaluating Backup Data • Planning a Restore • Investigating a Failed Restore • Restoring System State Data
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6419A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for certification in Windows Server 2008 in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses.
If you are looking for training classes for Microsoft Windows Server 2008, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Windows Server 2008 Certification at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is certified training courses in Microsoft Windows Server 2008, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for training course for MS Windows Server 2008, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your certification in Windows Server 2008 will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house certified training courses in Microsoft Windows Server 2008, you need look no further than Activia.