Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Windows Server 2008 Certification From Activia
Configuring & Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot a Windows Sever 2008 network infrastructure. Delegates will learn to implement and configure secure network access and implement fault tolerant storage technologies. They will gain an understanding of the network technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Delegates will also learn how to secure servers and maintain update compliance.
Who Should Attend
"The primary audience for this course includes Active Directory technology specialists aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators (Tier 4 day-to-day network operations) or Network Administrators (Tier 2). Experienced Server Administrators aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators would also benefit from this course. The secondary audience for this course includes Storage Area Network Administrators who need to understand this information to deploy or extend their current storage infrastructure. Operations Managers who need this information to support troubleshooting efforts and business decisions would also benefit from this course." Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers
• Installing Windows Server 2008 • Managing Server Roles and Features • Overview of the Server Core Installation Option
Lab : Installing and Configuring Servers and Server Roles
• Exercise 1: Identifying Server Types • Exercise 2: Installing and Configuring Server Roles and Features • Exercise 3: Configuring Server Core and Performing Basic Management Tasks
Module 2: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
• Installing the DNS Server Role • Configuring the DNS Server Role • Configuring DNS Zones • Configuring DNS Zone Transfers • Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Lab : Configuring and Verifying a DNS Solution
• Exercise 1: Configuring a DNS Infrastructure • Exercise 2: Monitoring and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 3: Configuring and Managing WINS
• Overview of the Windows Internet Name Service • Managing the WINS Server • Configuring WINS Replication • Migrating from WINS to DNS
Lab : Configuring a WINS Infrastructu
• Exercise 1: Installing WINS • Exercise 2: Configuring WINS Burst Handling • Exercise 3: Configuring WINS Replication • Exercise 4: Migrating from WINS to DNS
Module 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting DHCP
• Overview of the DHCP Server Role • Configuring DHCP Scopes and Options • Managing a DHCP Database • Monitoring and Troubleshooting DHCP • Securing DHCP
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting the DHCP Server Role
• Exercise 1: Installing and Authorizing the DHCP Server Role • Exercise 2: Configuring a DHCP Scope • Exercise 3: Troubleshooting Common DHCP Issues
Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv6 TCP/IP
• Overview of IPv6 • Coexistence with IPv6 • IPv6 Tunneling Technologies • Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6 • Troubleshooting IPv6
Lab : Lab A: Configuring an ISATAP Router
• Exercise 1: Configuring a New IPv6 Network and Client • Exercise 2: Configuring an ISATAP Router to Enable Communication Between an IPv4 Network and an IPv6 Network
Lab : Lab B: Converting the Network
• Exercise 1: Transitioning to an IPv6-Only Network
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
• Configuring Network Access • Configuring VPN Access • Overview of Network Policies • Overview of the Connection Manager Administration Kit • Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
Lab : Configuring and Managing Network Access
• Exercise 1: Configuring Routing and Remote Access as a VPN Remote Access Solution • Exercise 2: Configuring a Custom Network Policy • Exercise 3: Configuring Logging • Exercise 4: Configuring a Connection Profile
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role Service
• Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server • Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers • NPS Authentication Methods • Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Lab : Configuring and Managing Network Policy Server
• Exercise 1: Installing and Configuring the Network Policy Server Role Service • Exercise 2: Configuring a RADIUS Client • Exercise 3: Configuring Certificate Auto-Enrollment
Module 8: Configuring Network Access Protection
• Overview of Network Access Protection • How NAP Works • Configuring NAP • Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Configuring NAP for DHCP and VPN
• Exercise 1: Configuring NAP for DHCP Clients • Exercise 2: Configuring NAP for VPN Clients
Module 9: Configuring IPsec
• Overview of IPsec • Configuring Connection Security Rules • Configuring IPsec NAP Enforcement
Lab : Configuring IPsec NAP Enforcement
• Exercise 1: Preparing the Network Environment for IPsec NAP Enforcement • Exercise 2: Configuring and Testing IPsec NAP Enforcement
Module 10: Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
• Monitoring IPsec Activity • Troubleshooting IPsec
Lab : Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
• Exercise 1: Monitoring IPSec Connectivity • Exercise 2: Configuring Connection Security • Exercise 3: Troubleshooting IPSec
Module 11: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
• DFS Overview • Configuring DFS Namespaces • Configuring DFS Replication
Lab : Configuring DFS
• Exercise 1: Installing the Distributed File System Role Service • Exercise 2: Creating a DFS Namespace • Exercise 3: Configuring Folder Targets and Folder Replication • Exercise 4: Viewing Diagnostic Reports for Replicated Folders
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
• Windows Server 2008 Storage Management Overview • Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager • Configuring Quota Management • Implementing File Screening • Managing Storage Reports
Lab : Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
• Exercise 1: Installing the FSRM Role Service • Exercise 2: Configuring Storage Quotas • Exercise 3: Configuring File Screening • Exercise 4: Generating Storage Reports
Module 13: Configuring Availability of Network Resources and Content
• Backing Up Data • Configuring Shadow Copies • Providing Server and Service Availability
Lab : Configuring Availability of Network Resources
• Exercise 1: Configuring Windows Server Backup and Restore • Exercise 2: Configuring Shadow Copying • Exercise 3:Configuring Network Load Balancing
Module 14: Configuring Server Security Compliance
• Securing a Windows Infrastructure • Using Security Templates to Secure Servers • Configuring an Audit Policy • Overview of Windows Sever Update Services • Managing WSUS
Lab : Configuring Server Security Compliance
• Exercise 1: Configuring and Analyzing Security • Exercise 2: Analyzing Security Templates • Exercise 3: Configuring Windows Software Update Services
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6421A
Windows Server 2008 Certification from ActiviaWe can provide certification in Windows Server 2008 at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training classes for Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.