Windows Server 2008 Certification
Configuring & Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot a Windows Sever 2008 network infrastructure. Delegates will learn to implement and configure secure network access and implement fault tolerant storage technologies. They will gain an understanding of the network technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Delegates will also learn how to secure servers and maintain update compliance.
Who Should Attend
"The primary audience for this course includes Active Directory technology specialists aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators (Tier 4 day-to-day network operations) or Network Administrators (Tier 2). Experienced Server Administrators aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators would also benefit from this course. The secondary audience for this course includes Storage Area Network Administrators who need to understand this information to deploy or extend their current storage infrastructure. Operations Managers who need this information to support troubleshooting efforts and business decisions would also benefit from this course." Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers
• Installing Windows Server 2008 • Managing Server Roles and Features • Overview of the Server Core Installation Option
Lab : Installing and Configuring Servers and Server Roles
• Exercise 1: Identifying Server Types • Exercise 2: Installing and Configuring Server Roles and Features • Exercise 3: Configuring Server Core and Performing Basic Management Tasks
Module 2: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
• Installing the DNS Server Role • Configuring the DNS Server Role • Configuring DNS Zones • Configuring DNS Zone Transfers • Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Lab : Configuring and Verifying a DNS Solution
• Exercise 1: Configuring a DNS Infrastructure • Exercise 2: Monitoring and Troubleshooting DNS
Module 3: Configuring and Managing WINS
• Overview of the Windows Internet Name Service • Managing the WINS Server • Configuring WINS Replication • Migrating from WINS to DNS
Lab : Configuring a WINS Infrastructu
• Exercise 1: Installing WINS • Exercise 2: Configuring WINS Burst Handling • Exercise 3: Configuring WINS Replication • Exercise 4: Migrating from WINS to DNS
Module 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting DHCP
• Overview of the DHCP Server Role • Configuring DHCP Scopes and Options • Managing a DHCP Database • Monitoring and Troubleshooting DHCP • Securing DHCP
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting the DHCP Server Role
• Exercise 1: Installing and Authorizing the DHCP Server Role • Exercise 2: Configuring a DHCP Scope • Exercise 3: Troubleshooting Common DHCP Issues
Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv6 TCP/IP
• Overview of IPv6 • Coexistence with IPv6 • IPv6 Tunneling Technologies • Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6 • Troubleshooting IPv6
Lab : Lab A: Configuring an ISATAP Router
• Exercise 1: Configuring a New IPv6 Network and Client • Exercise 2: Configuring an ISATAP Router to Enable Communication Between an IPv4 Network and an IPv6 Network
Lab : Lab B: Converting the Network
• Exercise 1: Transitioning to an IPv6-Only Network
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
• Configuring Network Access • Configuring VPN Access • Overview of Network Policies • Overview of the Connection Manager Administration Kit • Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
Lab : Configuring and Managing Network Access
• Exercise 1: Configuring Routing and Remote Access as a VPN Remote Access Solution • Exercise 2: Configuring a Custom Network Policy • Exercise 3: Configuring Logging • Exercise 4: Configuring a Connection Profile
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role Service
• Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server • Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers • NPS Authentication Methods • Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Lab : Configuring and Managing Network Policy Server
• Exercise 1: Installing and Configuring the Network Policy Server Role Service • Exercise 2: Configuring a RADIUS Client • Exercise 3: Configuring Certificate Auto-Enrollment
Module 8: Configuring Network Access Protection
• Overview of Network Access Protection • How NAP Works • Configuring NAP • Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Configuring NAP for DHCP and VPN
• Exercise 1: Configuring NAP for DHCP Clients • Exercise 2: Configuring NAP for VPN Clients
Module 9: Configuring IPsec
• Overview of IPsec • Configuring Connection Security Rules • Configuring IPsec NAP Enforcement
Lab : Configuring IPsec NAP Enforcement
• Exercise 1: Preparing the Network Environment for IPsec NAP Enforcement • Exercise 2: Configuring and Testing IPsec NAP Enforcement
Module 10: Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
• Monitoring IPsec Activity • Troubleshooting IPsec
Lab : Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
• Exercise 1: Monitoring IPSec Connectivity • Exercise 2: Configuring Connection Security • Exercise 3: Troubleshooting IPSec
Module 11: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
• DFS Overview • Configuring DFS Namespaces • Configuring DFS Replication
Lab : Configuring DFS
• Exercise 1: Installing the Distributed File System Role Service • Exercise 2: Creating a DFS Namespace • Exercise 3: Configuring Folder Targets and Folder Replication • Exercise 4: Viewing Diagnostic Reports for Replicated Folders
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
• Windows Server 2008 Storage Management Overview • Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager • Configuring Quota Management • Implementing File Screening • Managing Storage Reports
Lab : Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
• Exercise 1: Installing the FSRM Role Service • Exercise 2: Configuring Storage Quotas • Exercise 3: Configuring File Screening • Exercise 4: Generating Storage Reports
Module 13: Configuring Availability of Network Resources and Content
• Backing Up Data • Configuring Shadow Copies • Providing Server and Service Availability
Lab : Configuring Availability of Network Resources
• Exercise 1: Configuring Windows Server Backup and Restore • Exercise 2: Configuring Shadow Copying • Exercise 3:Configuring Network Load Balancing
Module 14: Configuring Server Security Compliance
• Securing a Windows Infrastructure • Using Security Templates to Secure Servers • Configuring an Audit Policy • Overview of Windows Sever Update Services • Managing WSUS
Lab : Configuring Server Security Compliance
• Exercise 1: Configuring and Analyzing Security • Exercise 2: Analyzing Security Templates • Exercise 3: Configuring Windows Software Update Services
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6421A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for certification in Windows Server 2008 in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses.
If you are looking for training classes for Microsoft Windows Server 2008, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Windows Server 2008 Certification at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is certified training courses in Microsoft Windows Server 2008, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for training course for MS Windows Server 2008, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Certified Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Training Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your certification in Windows Server 2008 will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house certified training courses in Microsoft Windows Server 2008, you need look no further than Activia.