Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management Training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Windows Server 2008 Training Courses from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Free Online Cloud Tools
See how we can help you with our Skills Appraisal and Course Creator tools, or ask a question on the forum.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Types of Training
Apart from the options of public/private/in-house training, we can tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Windows Server 2008 Training Courses From Activia
Configuring & Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Services
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides to teach Active Directory Technology Specialists with the knowledge and skills to configure Active Directory Domain Services in a distributed environment, implement Group Policies, perform backup and restore, and monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory related issues.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are AD Technology Specialists, Server Administrators, and Enterprise Administrators who want to learn how to implement AD in a distributed environment, secure domains using Group Policies, and perform backup, restore, and monitor and troubleshoot AD configuration to ensure trouble free operation. Before attending this course, students must have:
Module 1: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
• Installing Active Directory Domain Services • Deploying Read-Only Domain Controllers • Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Lab : Implementing Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Evaluating Forest and Server Readiness for Installing an RODC • Installing and Configuring an RODC • Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Module 2: Configuring Domain Name Service for Active Directory Domain Services
• Overview of Active Directory Domain Services and DNS Integration • Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones • Configuring Read Only DNS Zones
Lab : Configuring AD DS and DNS Integration
• Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones • Configuring Read-Only DNS Zones
Module 3: Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Configuring Active Directory Objects • Strategies for Using Groups • Automating AD DS Object Management • Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Objects
• Configuring AD DS Objects • Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy • Automating the Management of AD DS Objects
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Delegating Control of AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 4: Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
• Overview of AD DS Replication • Overview of AD DS Sites and Replication • Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
• Configuring AD DS Sites and Subnets • Configuring AD DS Replication • Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 5: Creating and Configuring Group Policy
• Overview of Group Policy • Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects • Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects • Managing Group Policy Objects • Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Lab : Creating and Configuring GPOs
• Creating Group Policy Objects • Managing the Scope of GPO Application • Verifying GPO Application • Managing GPOs • Delegating Administrative Control of GPOs
Module 6: Configuring User Environments Using Group Policy
• Configuring Group Policy Settings • Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policies • Configuring Administrative Templates • Group Policy Preferences • Deploying Software Using Group Policy
Lab : Lab Configuring User Environments Using Group Policies
• Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection • Configuring Administrative Templates • Configuring Preferences • Verifying GPO Application
Module 7: Implementing Security Using Group Policy
• Configuring Security Policies • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software • Managing Security Using Security Templates
Lab : Implementing Security Using Group Policies
• Configuring Account and Security Policy Settings • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Configuring Restricted Groups and Software Restriction Policies • Configuring Security Templates • Verifying the Security Configuration
Module 8: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Monitoring Plan
• Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer • Monitoring Active Directory Domain Servers Using Reliability and Performance Monitor • Configuring AD DS Auditing
Lab : Monitoring Active Directory Domain Services
• Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer • Monitoring AD DS Using Performance and Reliability Monitor • Configuring AD DS Auditing
Module 9: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
• Maintaining the AD DS Domain Controllers • Backing Up Active Directory Domain Services • Restoring Active Directory Domain Services
Lab : Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
• Maintaining AD DS Domain Controllers • Backing Up AD DS • Performing an Authoritative Restore of the AD DS Database • Restoring Data Using the AD DS Snapshot Viewer
Module 10: Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
• Troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services • Troubleshooting DNS Integration with AD DS • Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Lab : Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
• Troubleshooting Authentication and Authorization Errors • Troubleshooting the Integration of DNS and AD DS • Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Module 11: Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting • Troubleshooting Group Policy Application • Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Troubleshooting Group Policy Scripts • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11B • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11C • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11D
Module 12: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure
• Overview of the AD DS Deployment • Planning a Group Policy Strategy
Lab : Deploying Active Directory Domain Services
• Installing a Read-only Domain Controller (RODC) onto a Server Core, and Creating a Branch Office Site • Creating a Domain in a Separate Tree and Separate Site
Lab : Configuring Forest Trust Relationships
• Upgrading the Fabrikam Domain, and Creating a Forest Trust with Woodgrove Bank
Lab : Planning a Group Policy Strategy
• Planning Group Policy • Creating a Domain in a Separate Tree and Separate Site • Implementing the Corporate Desktop Policy
After completing this course, delegates will be able to implement and configure Active Directory domain services in their enterprise environment.
Microsoft Course 6425A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your certification in Windows Server 2008 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Windows Server 2008 wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your certification course in MS Windows Server 2008 as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house courses for Windows Server 2008 in MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about MS Windows Server 2008 training courses UK from Activia