Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Windows Server 2008 Training Courses From Activia
Configuring & Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Services
A Five-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides to teach Active Directory Technology Specialists with the knowledge and skills to configure Active Directory Domain Services in a distributed environment, implement Group Policies, perform backup and restore, and monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory related issues.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are AD Technology Specialists, Server Administrators, and Enterprise Administrators who want to learn how to implement AD in a distributed environment, secure domains using Group Policies, and perform backup, restore, and monitor and troubleshoot AD configuration to ensure trouble free operation. Before attending this course, students must have:
Module 1: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
• Installing Active Directory Domain Services • Deploying Read-Only Domain Controllers • Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Lab : Implementing Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Evaluating Forest and Server Readiness for Installing an RODC • Installing and Configuring an RODC • Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Module 2: Configuring Domain Name Service for Active Directory Domain Services
• Overview of Active Directory Domain Services and DNS Integration • Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones • Configuring Read Only DNS Zones
Lab : Configuring AD DS and DNS Integration
• Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones • Configuring Read-Only DNS Zones
Module 3: Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Configuring Active Directory Objects • Strategies for Using Groups • Automating AD DS Object Management • Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Objects
• Configuring AD DS Objects • Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy • Automating the Management of AD DS Objects
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Delegating Control of AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 4: Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
• Overview of AD DS Replication • Overview of AD DS Sites and Replication • Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
• Configuring AD DS Sites and Subnets • Configuring AD DS Replication • Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 5: Creating and Configuring Group Policy
• Overview of Group Policy • Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects • Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects • Managing Group Policy Objects • Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Lab : Creating and Configuring GPOs
• Creating Group Policy Objects • Managing the Scope of GPO Application • Verifying GPO Application • Managing GPOs • Delegating Administrative Control of GPOs
Module 6: Configuring User Environments Using Group Policy
• Configuring Group Policy Settings • Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policies • Configuring Administrative Templates • Group Policy Preferences • Deploying Software Using Group Policy
Lab : Lab Configuring User Environments Using Group Policies
• Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection • Configuring Administrative Templates • Configuring Preferences • Verifying GPO Application
Module 7: Implementing Security Using Group Policy
• Configuring Security Policies • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software • Managing Security Using Security Templates
Lab : Implementing Security Using Group Policies
• Configuring Account and Security Policy Settings • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Configuring Restricted Groups and Software Restriction Policies • Configuring Security Templates • Verifying the Security Configuration
Module 8: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Monitoring Plan
• Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer • Monitoring Active Directory Domain Servers Using Reliability and Performance Monitor • Configuring AD DS Auditing
Lab : Monitoring Active Directory Domain Services
• Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer • Monitoring AD DS Using Performance and Reliability Monitor • Configuring AD DS Auditing
Module 9: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
• Maintaining the AD DS Domain Controllers • Backing Up Active Directory Domain Services • Restoring Active Directory Domain Services
Lab : Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
• Maintaining AD DS Domain Controllers • Backing Up AD DS • Performing an Authoritative Restore of the AD DS Database • Restoring Data Using the AD DS Snapshot Viewer
Module 10: Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
• Troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services • Troubleshooting DNS Integration with AD DS • Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Lab : Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
• Troubleshooting Authentication and Authorization Errors • Troubleshooting the Integration of DNS and AD DS • Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Module 11: Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting • Troubleshooting Group Policy Application • Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Troubleshooting Group Policy Scripts • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11B • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11C • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11D
Module 12: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure
• Overview of the AD DS Deployment • Planning a Group Policy Strategy
Lab : Deploying Active Directory Domain Services
• Installing a Read-only Domain Controller (RODC) onto a Server Core, and Creating a Branch Office Site • Creating a Domain in a Separate Tree and Separate Site
Lab : Configuring Forest Trust Relationships
• Upgrading the Fabrikam Domain, and Creating a Forest Trust with Woodgrove Bank
Lab : Planning a Group Policy Strategy
• Planning Group Policy • Creating a Domain in a Separate Tree and Separate Site • Implementing the Corporate Desktop Policy
After completing this course, delegates will be able to implement and configure Active Directory domain services in their enterprise environment.
Microsoft Course 6425A
We can provide training courses for Windows Server 2008 at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification course in MS Windows Server 2008.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.