Windows Server 2008 Training Courses
Configuring & Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Services
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day instructor-led course provides to teach Active Directory Technology Specialists with the knowledge and skills to configure Active Directory Domain Services in a distributed environment, implement Group Policies, perform backup and restore, and monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory related issues.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are AD Technology Specialists, Server Administrators, and Enterprise Administrators who want to learn how to implement AD in a distributed environment, secure domains using Group Policies, and perform backup, restore, and monitor and troubleshoot AD configuration to ensure trouble free operation. Before attending this course, students must have:
Module 1: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
• Installing Active Directory Domain Services • Deploying Read-Only Domain Controllers • Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Lab : Implementing Read-Only Domain Controllers
• Evaluating Forest and Server Readiness for Installing an RODC • Installing and Configuring an RODC • Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Module 2: Configuring Domain Name Service for Active Directory Domain Services
• Overview of Active Directory Domain Services and DNS Integration • Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones • Configuring Read Only DNS Zones
Lab : Configuring AD DS and DNS Integration
• Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones • Configuring Read-Only DNS Zones
Module 3: Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Configuring Active Directory Objects • Strategies for Using Groups • Automating AD DS Object Management • Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Objects
• Configuring AD DS Objects • Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy • Automating the Management of AD DS Objects
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
• Delegating Control of AD DS Objects • Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 4: Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
• Overview of AD DS Replication • Overview of AD DS Sites and Replication • Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
• Configuring AD DS Sites and Subnets • Configuring AD DS Replication • Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 5: Creating and Configuring Group Policy
• Overview of Group Policy • Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects • Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects • Managing Group Policy Objects • Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Lab : Creating and Configuring GPOs
• Creating Group Policy Objects • Managing the Scope of GPO Application • Verifying GPO Application • Managing GPOs • Delegating Administrative Control of GPOs
Module 6: Configuring User Environments Using Group Policy
• Configuring Group Policy Settings • Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policies • Configuring Administrative Templates • Group Policy Preferences • Deploying Software Using Group Policy
Lab : Lab Configuring User Environments Using Group Policies
• Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection • Configuring Administrative Templates • Configuring Preferences • Verifying GPO Application
Module 7: Implementing Security Using Group Policy
• Configuring Security Policies • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software • Managing Security Using Security Templates
Lab : Implementing Security Using Group Policies
• Configuring Account and Security Policy Settings • Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies • Configuring Restricted Groups and Software Restriction Policies • Configuring Security Templates • Verifying the Security Configuration
Module 8: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Monitoring Plan
• Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer • Monitoring Active Directory Domain Servers Using Reliability and Performance Monitor • Configuring AD DS Auditing
Lab : Monitoring Active Directory Domain Services
• Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer • Monitoring AD DS Using Performance and Reliability Monitor • Configuring AD DS Auditing
Module 9: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
• Maintaining the AD DS Domain Controllers • Backing Up Active Directory Domain Services • Restoring Active Directory Domain Services
Lab : Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
• Maintaining AD DS Domain Controllers • Backing Up AD DS • Performing an Authoritative Restore of the AD DS Database • Restoring Data Using the AD DS Snapshot Viewer
Module 10: Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
• Troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services • Troubleshooting DNS Integration with AD DS • Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Lab : Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
• Troubleshooting Authentication and Authorization Errors • Troubleshooting the Integration of DNS and AD DS • Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Module 11: Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting • Troubleshooting Group Policy Application • Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
• Troubleshooting Group Policy Scripts • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11B • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11C • Troubleshooting GPO Lab11D
Module 12: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure
• Overview of the AD DS Deployment • Planning a Group Policy Strategy
Lab : Deploying Active Directory Domain Services
• Installing a Read-only Domain Controller (RODC) onto a Server Core, and Creating a Branch Office Site • Creating a Domain in a Separate Tree and Separate Site
Lab : Configuring Forest Trust Relationships
• Upgrading the Fabrikam Domain, and Creating a Forest Trust with Woodgrove Bank
Lab : Planning a Group Policy Strategy
• Planning Group Policy • Creating a Domain in a Separate Tree and Separate Site • Implementing the Corporate Desktop Policy
After completing this course, delegates will be able to implement and configure Active Directory domain services in their enterprise environment.
Microsoft Course 6425A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Windows Server 2008 in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp.
If you are looking for certification course in MS Windows Server 2008, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Windows Server 2008 Training Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is certification in Windows Server 2008 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for courses for Windows Server 2008 in MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Windows Server 2008 Certification for Mcsa, Mcts, Mcitp, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training courses for Windows Server 2008 will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house certification in Windows Server 2008 for MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, you need look no further than Activia.