Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Find and book the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
Planning for Windows Server 2008 Servers
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This intensive three-day training course is intended for IT pros who are interested in the knowledge and skills necessary to plan a Windows Server 2008 operating system infrastructure. The course is aimed at server administrators and is not a “how-to” course; therefore, it has a significant number of planning exercises with less focus on hands-on exercises than some courses.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for server administrators who:
Module 1: Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
• Overview of Change Management • Planning a Single-Server Installation • Performing a Single-Server Installation • Automating Windows Server Deployment
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
• Creating a Planning Flowchart for a Windows Server 2008 Deployment • Planning a Windows Server 2008 Deployment
Module 2: Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
• Planning IPv4 Addressing • Planning for Name Resolution Services • Determining the Need for WINS • Planning a Perimeter Network • Planning an IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Strategy
Lab : Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
• Determining an Appropriate Network Addressing Scheme • Planning the Placement of Network Servers • Implementing the Planned Network Services
Module 3: Planning for Active Directory
• Selecting a Domain and Forest Topology • Selecting a Domain and Forest Functional Level • Planning Identity and Access Services in Active Directory • Implementing Active Directory in the Physical Network
Lab : Implementing Active Directory in the Physical Network
• Selecting a Forest Topology • Planning Active Directory for a Branch Network • Deploying a Branch Domain Controller
Module 4: Planning for Group Policy
• Planning Group Policy Application • Planning Group Policy Processing • Planning the Management of Group Policy Objects • Planning the Management of Client Computers
Lab : Planning for Group Policy
• Creating a Group Policy Plan • Implementing Group Policy
Module 5: Planning Application Servers
• Overview of Application Servers • Supporting Web-Based Applications • Supporting SQL Server Databases • Deploying Client Applications • Planning Terminal Services
Lab : Planning Application Servers
• Creating a Plan for Application Servers • Implementing Windows SharePoint Services • Implementing Terminal Services
Module 6: Planning File and Print Services
• Planning and Deploying the File Services Role • Managing Storage • Planning and Implementing the Distributed File System • Planning and Implementing Shared Printing
Lab : Planning File and Print Services
• Planning File and Print Services for a Branch Office • Implementing File and Print Services in a Branch Office
Module 7: Planning Server and Network Security
• Overview of Defense-in-Depth • Planning for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security • Planning Protection Against Viruses and Malware • Managing Remote Access • Planning for Network Access Protection (NAP)
Lab : Planning Server and Network Security
• Creating a Plan for Server and Network Security • Implementing Windows Firewall Rules
Module 8: Planning Server Administration
• Selecting the Appropriate Administration Tool • Planning Server Core Administration • Delegating Administration
Lab : Planning Server Administration
• Planning for Branch Office Administration • Delegating Administration to Branch Office Personnel
Module 9: Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
• Planning Monitoring Tasks • Calculating a Server Baseline • Tools for Monitoring Server Performance • Planning Software Updates
Lab : Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
• Evaluating Performance Metrics • Monitoring Performance Metrics • Configuring Data Collector Sets • Evaluating Trends
Module 10: Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Choosing a High-Availability Solution • Planning a Backup and Restore Strategy
Lab : Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Planning for Branch Office High Availability and Data Recovery • Implementing the High Availability and Disaster Recovery Plan
Module 11: Planning Virtualisation
• Overview of Server Virtualisation • Business Scenarios for Server Virtualisation • Overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager • Planning Host Resources
Lab : Planning Virtualisation
• Creating a Virtualisation Plan • Implementing Virtualisation (Optional)
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6430B
We can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.