Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
Planning for Windows Server 2008 Servers
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This intensive three-day training course is intended for IT pros who are interested in the knowledge and skills necessary to plan a Windows Server 2008 operating system infrastructure. The course is aimed at server administrators and is not a “how-to” course; therefore, it has a significant number of planning exercises with less focus on hands-on exercises than some courses.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for server administrators who:
Module 1: Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
• Overview of Change Management • Planning a Single-Server Installation • Performing a Single-Server Installation • Automating Windows Server Deployment
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
• Creating a Planning Flowchart for a Windows Server 2008 Deployment • Planning a Windows Server 2008 Deployment
Module 2: Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
• Planning IPv4 Addressing • Planning for Name Resolution Services • Determining the Need for WINS • Planning a Perimeter Network • Planning an IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Strategy
Lab : Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
• Determining an Appropriate Network Addressing Scheme • Planning the Placement of Network Servers • Implementing the Planned Network Services
Module 3: Planning for Active Directory
• Selecting a Domain and Forest Topology • Selecting a Domain and Forest Functional Level • Planning Identity and Access Services in Active Directory • Implementing Active Directory in the Physical Network
Lab : Implementing Active Directory in the Physical Network
• Selecting a Forest Topology • Planning Active Directory for a Branch Network • Deploying a Branch Domain Controller
Module 4: Planning for Group Policy
• Planning Group Policy Application • Planning Group Policy Processing • Planning the Management of Group Policy Objects • Planning the Management of Client Computers
Lab : Planning for Group Policy
• Creating a Group Policy Plan • Implementing Group Policy
Module 5: Planning Application Servers
• Overview of Application Servers • Supporting Web-Based Applications • Supporting SQL Server Databases • Deploying Client Applications • Planning Terminal Services
Lab : Planning Application Servers
• Creating a Plan for Application Servers • Implementing Windows SharePoint Services • Implementing Terminal Services
Module 6: Planning File and Print Services
• Planning and Deploying the File Services Role • Managing Storage • Planning and Implementing the Distributed File System • Planning and Implementing Shared Printing
Lab : Planning File and Print Services
• Planning File and Print Services for a Branch Office • Implementing File and Print Services in a Branch Office
Module 7: Planning Server and Network Security
• Overview of Defense-in-Depth • Planning for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security • Planning Protection Against Viruses and Malware • Managing Remote Access • Planning for Network Access Protection (NAP)
Lab : Planning Server and Network Security
• Creating a Plan for Server and Network Security • Implementing Windows Firewall Rules
Module 8: Planning Server Administration
• Selecting the Appropriate Administration Tool • Planning Server Core Administration • Delegating Administration
Lab : Planning Server Administration
• Planning for Branch Office Administration • Delegating Administration to Branch Office Personnel
Module 9: Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
• Planning Monitoring Tasks • Calculating a Server Baseline • Tools for Monitoring Server Performance • Planning Software Updates
Lab : Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
• Evaluating Performance Metrics • Monitoring Performance Metrics • Configuring Data Collector Sets • Evaluating Trends
Module 10: Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Choosing a High-Availability Solution • Planning a Backup and Restore Strategy
Lab : Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Planning for Branch Office High Availability and Data Recovery • Implementing the High Availability and Disaster Recovery Plan
Module 11: Planning Virtualisation
• Overview of Server Virtualisation • Business Scenarios for Server Virtualisation • Overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager • Planning Host Resources
Lab : Planning Virtualisation
• Creating a Virtualisation Plan • Implementing Virtualisation (Optional)
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6430B
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Microsoft Certification Courses from ActiviaWe can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.