Microsoft Certification Courses
Planning for Windows Server 2008 Servers
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This intensive three-day training course is intended for IT pros who are interested in the knowledge and skills necessary to plan a Windows Server 2008 operating system infrastructure. The course is aimed at server administrators and is not a “how-to” course; therefore, it has a significant number of planning exercises with less focus on hands-on exercises than some courses.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for server administrators who:
Module 1: Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
• Overview of Change Management • Planning a Single-Server Installation • Performing a Single-Server Installation • Automating Windows Server Deployment
Lab : Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
• Creating a Planning Flowchart for a Windows Server 2008 Deployment • Planning a Windows Server 2008 Deployment
Module 2: Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
• Planning IPv4 Addressing • Planning for Name Resolution Services • Determining the Need for WINS • Planning a Perimeter Network • Planning an IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Strategy
Lab : Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
• Determining an Appropriate Network Addressing Scheme • Planning the Placement of Network Servers • Implementing the Planned Network Services
Module 3: Planning for Active Directory
• Selecting a Domain and Forest Topology • Selecting a Domain and Forest Functional Level • Planning Identity and Access Services in Active Directory • Implementing Active Directory in the Physical Network
Lab : Implementing Active Directory in the Physical Network
• Selecting a Forest Topology • Planning Active Directory for a Branch Network • Deploying a Branch Domain Controller
Module 4: Planning for Group Policy
• Planning Group Policy Application • Planning Group Policy Processing • Planning the Management of Group Policy Objects • Planning the Management of Client Computers
Lab : Planning for Group Policy
• Creating a Group Policy Plan • Implementing Group Policy
Module 5: Planning Application Servers
• Overview of Application Servers • Supporting Web-Based Applications • Supporting SQL Server Databases • Deploying Client Applications • Planning Terminal Services
Lab : Planning Application Servers
• Creating a Plan for Application Servers • Implementing Windows SharePoint Services • Implementing Terminal Services
Module 6: Planning File and Print Services
• Planning and Deploying the File Services Role • Managing Storage • Planning and Implementing the Distributed File System • Planning and Implementing Shared Printing
Lab : Planning File and Print Services
• Planning File and Print Services for a Branch Office • Implementing File and Print Services in a Branch Office
Module 7: Planning Server and Network Security
• Overview of Defense-in-Depth • Planning for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security • Planning Protection Against Viruses and Malware • Managing Remote Access • Planning for Network Access Protection (NAP)
Lab : Planning Server and Network Security
• Creating a Plan for Server and Network Security • Implementing Windows Firewall Rules
Module 8: Planning Server Administration
• Selecting the Appropriate Administration Tool • Planning Server Core Administration • Delegating Administration
Lab : Planning Server Administration
• Planning for Branch Office Administration • Delegating Administration to Branch Office Personnel
Module 9: Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
• Planning Monitoring Tasks • Calculating a Server Baseline • Tools for Monitoring Server Performance • Planning Software Updates
Lab : Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
• Evaluating Performance Metrics • Monitoring Performance Metrics • Configuring Data Collector Sets • Evaluating Trends
Module 10: Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Choosing a High-Availability Solution • Planning a Backup and Restore Strategy
Lab : Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Planning for Branch Office High Availability and Data Recovery • Implementing the High Availability and Disaster Recovery Plan
Module 11: Planning Virtualisation
• Overview of Server Virtualisation • Business Scenarios for Server Virtualisation • Overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager • Planning Host Resources
Lab : Planning Virtualisation
• Creating a Virtualisation Plan • Implementing Virtualisation (Optional)
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6430B
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for UK wide training courses for business in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses.
If you are looking for accredited workplace training throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Microsoft Certification Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is MCSA, MCTS and MCITP courses and certification, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for certification courses for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your UK wide training courses for business will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house MCSA, MCTS and MCITP courses and certification, you need look no further than Activia.