Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services SUPERCEDED
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Integration Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
• Overview of SQL Server Integration Services • Using Integration Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services
• (Level 200) Using the Import and Export Wizard • (Level 200) Running an Integration Services Package
Module 2: Developing Integration Services Solutions
• Creating an Integration Services Solution • Using Variables • Building and Running a Solution
Lab : Developing Integration Services Solutions
• (Level 200) Creating an Integration Services Project • (Level 200) Implementing a Package • (Level 200) Building and Running an Integration Services package
Module 3: Implementing Control Flow
• Control Flow Tasks • Control Flow Precedent Constraints • Control Flow Containers
Lab : Implementing Control Flow
• (Level 200) Creating a Simple Control Flow • (Level 200) Configuring Precedence Constraints • (Level 200) Using Containers
Module 4: Implementing Data Flow
• Data Flow Sources and Destinations • Basic Data Flow Transformations • Advanced Data Flow Transformations • Data Flow Paths
Lab : Implementing Data Flow
• (Level 200) Transferring Data • (Level 200) Implementing Transformations • (Level 200) Using Data Viewers • (Level 200) Configuring Error Output
Module 5: Implementing Logging
• Overview of Integration Services Logging • Enabling and Configuring Logging
Lab : Implementing Logging
• (Level 200) Configuring Logging • (Level 200) Implementing Custom Logging
Module 6: Debugging and Error Handling
• Debugging a Package • Implementing Error Handling
Lab : Debugging and Error Handling
• (Level 300) Debugging a Package • (Level 300) Implementing Error Handling • (Level 300) Controlling Failure Behavior
Module 7: Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
• Implementing Checkpoints • Implementing Transactions
Lab : Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
• (Level 200) Implementing Checkpoints in a Package • (Level 300) Implementing Transactions in a Package • (Level 300) Implementing a Native Transaction
Module 8: Configuring and Deploying Packages
• Package Configurations • Deploying Packages
Lab : Configuring and Deploying Packages
• (Level 200) Creating a Package Configuration • (Level 200) Preparing a Package for Deployment • (Level 200) Deploying a Package
Module 9: Managing and Securing Packages
• Managing Packages • Securing Packages
Lab : Managing and Securing Packages
• (Level 200) Importing a Package • (Level 200) Configuring and Monitoring a Package • (Level 200) Scheduling a Package • (Level 200) Securing a Package
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6235A
We can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.