WAYS TO CONTACT US
OUR TRAINING CENTRES
SOUTH & SOUTH EAST
MIDLANDS & NORTH
Quick links to TOP COURSES
Software & IT
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU WANT?
Bookings and Enquiries:
We're here to help!
Access your Dashboard:
Microsoft Certification Courses From Activia
MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services SUPERCEDED
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Integration Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
• Overview of SQL Server Integration Services • Using Integration Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services
• (Level 200) Using the Import and Export Wizard • (Level 200) Running an Integration Services Package
Module 2: Developing Integration Services Solutions
• Creating an Integration Services Solution • Using Variables • Building and Running a Solution
Lab : Developing Integration Services Solutions
• (Level 200) Creating an Integration Services Project • (Level 200) Implementing a Package • (Level 200) Building and Running an Integration Services package
Module 3: Implementing Control Flow
• Control Flow Tasks • Control Flow Precedent Constraints • Control Flow Containers
Lab : Implementing Control Flow
• (Level 200) Creating a Simple Control Flow • (Level 200) Configuring Precedence Constraints • (Level 200) Using Containers
Module 4: Implementing Data Flow
• Data Flow Sources and Destinations • Basic Data Flow Transformations • Advanced Data Flow Transformations • Data Flow Paths
Lab : Implementing Data Flow
• (Level 200) Transferring Data • (Level 200) Implementing Transformations • (Level 200) Using Data Viewers • (Level 200) Configuring Error Output
Module 5: Implementing Logging
• Overview of Integration Services Logging • Enabling and Configuring Logging
Lab : Implementing Logging
• (Level 200) Configuring Logging • (Level 200) Implementing Custom Logging
Module 6: Debugging and Error Handling
• Debugging a Package • Implementing Error Handling
Lab : Debugging and Error Handling
• (Level 300) Debugging a Package • (Level 300) Implementing Error Handling • (Level 300) Controlling Failure Behavior
Module 7: Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
• Implementing Checkpoints • Implementing Transactions
Lab : Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
• (Level 200) Implementing Checkpoints in a Package • (Level 300) Implementing Transactions in a Package • (Level 300) Implementing a Native Transaction
Module 8: Configuring and Deploying Packages
• Package Configurations • Deploying Packages
Lab : Configuring and Deploying Packages
• (Level 200) Creating a Package Configuration • (Level 200) Preparing a Package for Deployment • (Level 200) Deploying a Package
Module 9: Managing and Securing Packages
• Managing Packages • Securing Packages
Lab : Managing and Securing Packages
• (Level 200) Importing a Package • (Level 200) Configuring and Monitoring a Package • (Level 200) Scheduling a Package • (Level 200) Securing a Package
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6235A
We can provide courses for Microsoft Certification at any of our ten centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of courses for Microsoft Certification. This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with MS Certification training classes.