Microsoft Certification Courses
MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SUPERCEDED)
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Integration Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
• Overview of SQL Server Integration Services • Using Integration Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services
• (Level 200) Using the Import and Export Wizard • (Level 200) Running an Integration Services Package
Module 2: Developing Integration Services Solutions
• Creating an Integration Services Solution • Using Variables • Building and Running a Solution
Lab : Developing Integration Services Solutions
• (Level 200) Creating an Integration Services Project • (Level 200) Implementing a Package • (Level 200) Building and Running an Integration Services package
Module 3: Implementing Control Flow
• Control Flow Tasks • Control Flow Precedent Constraints • Control Flow Containers
Lab : Implementing Control Flow
• (Level 200) Creating a Simple Control Flow • (Level 200) Configuring Precedence Constraints • (Level 200) Using Containers
Module 4: Implementing Data Flow
• Data Flow Sources and Destinations • Basic Data Flow Transformations • Advanced Data Flow Transformations • Data Flow Paths
Lab : Implementing Data Flow
• (Level 200) Transferring Data • (Level 200) Implementing Transformations • (Level 200) Using Data Viewers • (Level 200) Configuring Error Output
Module 5: Implementing Logging
• Overview of Integration Services Logging • Enabling and Configuring Logging
Lab : Implementing Logging
• (Level 200) Configuring Logging • (Level 200) Implementing Custom Logging
Module 6: Debugging and Error Handling
• Debugging a Package • Implementing Error Handling
Lab : Debugging and Error Handling
• (Level 300) Debugging a Package • (Level 300) Implementing Error Handling • (Level 300) Controlling Failure Behavior
Module 7: Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
• Implementing Checkpoints • Implementing Transactions
Lab : Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
• (Level 200) Implementing Checkpoints in a Package • (Level 300) Implementing Transactions in a Package • (Level 300) Implementing a Native Transaction
Module 8: Configuring and Deploying Packages
• Package Configurations • Deploying Packages
Lab : Configuring and Deploying Packages
• (Level 200) Creating a Package Configuration • (Level 200) Preparing a Package for Deployment • (Level 200) Deploying a Package
Module 9: Managing and Securing Packages
• Managing Packages • Securing Packages
Lab : Managing and Securing Packages
• (Level 200) Importing a Package • (Level 200) Configuring and Monitoring a Package • (Level 200) Scheduling a Package • (Level 200) Securing a Package
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6235A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for UK wide training courses for business in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses.
If you are looking for accredited workplace training throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Microsoft Certification Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is MCSA, MCTS and MCITP courses and certification, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for certification courses for MCSA, MCTS and MCITP, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Microsoft Mcsa MCTS & MCITP Certified Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your UK wide training courses for business will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house MCSA, MCTS and MCITP courses and certification, you need look no further than Activia.