Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
SQL Server 2008 Certified Training From Activia
Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services • Installing Reporting Services • Reporting Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Exploring Report Designer • (Level 200) Exploring Report Manager
Module 2: Authoring Basic Reports
• Creating a Basic Table Report • Formatting Report Pages • Calculating Values
Lab : Authoring Basic Reports
• (Level 200): Creating a Basic Table Report • (Level 200): Formatting Report Pages • (Level 200): Adding Calculated Values
Module 3: Enhancing Basic Reports
• Interactive Navigation • Displaying Data
Lab : Enhancing Basic Reports
• (Level 200) Using Dynamic Visibility • (Level 200) Using Document Maps • (Level 200) Initiating Actions • (Level 200) Using a List Data Region • (Level 200) Creating a Tablix Report • (Level 200) Adding Chart Subreport to Parent Report
Module 4: Manipulating Data Sets
• Defining Report Data • Using Parameters and Filters • Using Parameter Lists
Lab : Manipulating Data Sets
• (Level 200) Using Parameters to Restrict Query Results • (Level 200) Using Parameters to Filter Report Data • (Level 200) Creating Dynamic Parameter Lists • (Level 200) Using Parameters with a Stored Procedure • (Level 200) Displaying All Categories in a Parameter List
Module 5: Using Report Models
• Creating Report Models • Using Report Builder
Lab : Using Report Models
• (Level 200) Creating a Report Model • (Level 200) Using Report Builder to Create a Report
Module 6: Publishing and Executing Reports
• Publishing Reports • Executing Reports • Creating Cached Instances • Creating Snapshots and Report History
Lab : Publishing and Executing Reports
• (Level 200) Publishing Reports • (Level 200) Executing Reports • (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Cached Report • (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Snapshot Report
Module 7: Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
• Introduction to Report Subscriptions • Creating Report Subscriptions • Managing Report Subscriptions
Lab : Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
• (Level 200) Creating a Standard Subscription • (Level 200) Creating a Data-Driven Subscription
Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
• Reporting Server Administration • Performance and Reliability Monitoring • Administering Report Server Databases • Security Administration • Upgrading to Reporting Services 2008
Lab : Administering Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Using Reporting Services Configuration Manager • (Level 200) Securing a Reporting Services Site • (Level 200) Securing Items
Module 9: Programming Reporting Services
• Querying for Server Information Using a Web Service • Automating Report Management • Rendering Reports • Creating Custom Code
Lab : Programming Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Using URL Access to Display a Report • (Level 200) Building a Reporting Services Web Service Client • (Level 200) Using the Report Viewer Control
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6236A
SQL Server 2008 Certified Training from ActiviaWe can provide certified training in SQL Server 2008 at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification courses for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 .
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.