Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your place or ours? Training at your officesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and often much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office.
If you need laptops for software training, we can provide these too at a very small charge.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia centresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Contact detailsWant to contact us?
Please select the correct option so your communication is dealt with in the fastest time.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to what you need.
If you want help with your training needs, let us know:
Get your free copy of the Activia Training Directory
Set up a special class on the date and location of your choice:
We thrive on feedback - so please give us your opinion !!
Although we have sixteen centres across the UK, all operations are controlled from our Head Office.
Call us on 0845 230 6150
Or click to
Address details are:
268 Bath Road
Slough SL1 4DX
We hope to hear from you soon!
SQL Server 2008 Certified Training From Activia
Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
A Three-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services • Installing Reporting Services • Reporting Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Exploring Report Designer • (Level 200) Exploring Report Manager
Module 2: Authoring Basic Reports
• Creating a Basic Table Report • Formatting Report Pages • Calculating Values
Lab : Authoring Basic Reports
• (Level 200): Creating a Basic Table Report • (Level 200): Formatting Report Pages • (Level 200): Adding Calculated Values
Module 3: Enhancing Basic Reports
• Interactive Navigation • Displaying Data
Lab : Enhancing Basic Reports
• (Level 200) Using Dynamic Visibility • (Level 200) Using Document Maps • (Level 200) Initiating Actions • (Level 200) Using a List Data Region • (Level 200) Creating a Tablix Report • (Level 200) Adding Chart Subreport to Parent Report
Module 4: Manipulating Data Sets
• Defining Report Data • Using Parameters and Filters • Using Parameter Lists
Lab : Manipulating Data Sets
• (Level 200) Using Parameters to Restrict Query Results • (Level 200) Using Parameters to Filter Report Data • (Level 200) Creating Dynamic Parameter Lists • (Level 200) Using Parameters with a Stored Procedure • (Level 200) Displaying All Categories in a Parameter List
Module 5: Using Report Models
• Creating Report Models • Using Report Builder
Lab : Using Report Models
• (Level 200) Creating a Report Model • (Level 200) Using Report Builder to Create a Report
Module 6: Publishing and Executing Reports
• Publishing Reports • Executing Reports • Creating Cached Instances • Creating Snapshots and Report History
Lab : Publishing and Executing Reports
• (Level 200) Publishing Reports • (Level 200) Executing Reports • (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Cached Report • (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Snapshot Report
Module 7: Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
• Introduction to Report Subscriptions • Creating Report Subscriptions • Managing Report Subscriptions
Lab : Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
• (Level 200) Creating a Standard Subscription • (Level 200) Creating a Data-Driven Subscription
Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
• Reporting Server Administration • Performance and Reliability Monitoring • Administering Report Server Databases • Security Administration • Upgrading to Reporting Services 2008
Lab : Administering Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Using Reporting Services Configuration Manager • (Level 200) Securing a Reporting Services Site • (Level 200) Securing Items
Module 9: Programming Reporting Services
• Querying for Server Information Using a Web Service • Automating Report Management • Rendering Reports • Creating Custom Code
Lab : Programming Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Using URL Access to Display a Report • (Level 200) Building a Reporting Services Web Service Client • (Level 200) Using the Report Viewer Control
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6236A
We can provide certified training in SQL Server 2008 at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of certified training in SQL Server 2008 . This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification courses for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 .
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.