SQL Server 2008 Certified Training
Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services • Installing Reporting Services • Reporting Services Tools
Lab : Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Exploring Report Designer • (Level 200) Exploring Report Manager
Module 2: Authoring Basic Reports
• Creating a Basic Table Report • Formatting Report Pages • Calculating Values
Lab : Authoring Basic Reports
• (Level 200): Creating a Basic Table Report • (Level 200): Formatting Report Pages • (Level 200): Adding Calculated Values
Module 3: Enhancing Basic Reports
• Interactive Navigation • Displaying Data
Lab : Enhancing Basic Reports
• (Level 200) Using Dynamic Visibility • (Level 200) Using Document Maps • (Level 200) Initiating Actions • (Level 200) Using a List Data Region • (Level 200) Creating a Tablix Report • (Level 200) Adding Chart Subreport to Parent Report
Module 4: Manipulating Data Sets
• Defining Report Data • Using Parameters and Filters • Using Parameter Lists
Lab : Manipulating Data Sets
• (Level 200) Using Parameters to Restrict Query Results • (Level 200) Using Parameters to Filter Report Data • (Level 200) Creating Dynamic Parameter Lists • (Level 200) Using Parameters with a Stored Procedure • (Level 200) Displaying All Categories in a Parameter List
Module 5: Using Report Models
• Creating Report Models • Using Report Builder
Lab : Using Report Models
• (Level 200) Creating a Report Model • (Level 200) Using Report Builder to Create a Report
Module 6: Publishing and Executing Reports
• Publishing Reports • Executing Reports • Creating Cached Instances • Creating Snapshots and Report History
Lab : Publishing and Executing Reports
• (Level 200) Publishing Reports • (Level 200) Executing Reports • (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Cached Report • (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Snapshot Report
Module 7: Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
• Introduction to Report Subscriptions • Creating Report Subscriptions • Managing Report Subscriptions
Lab : Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
• (Level 200) Creating a Standard Subscription • (Level 200) Creating a Data-Driven Subscription
Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
• Reporting Server Administration • Performance and Reliability Monitoring • Administering Report Server Databases • Security Administration • Upgrading to Reporting Services 2008
Lab : Administering Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Using Reporting Services Configuration Manager • (Level 200) Securing a Reporting Services Site • (Level 200) Securing Items
Module 9: Programming Reporting Services
• Querying for Server Information Using a Web Service • Automating Report Management • Rendering Reports • Creating Custom Code
Lab : Programming Reporting Services
• (Level 200) Using URL Access to Display a Report • (Level 200) Building a Reporting Services Web Service Client • (Level 200) Using the Report Viewer Control
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 6236A
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for certified training in SQL Server 2008 in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Training Courses.
If you are looking for certification courses for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 , you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day SQL Server 2008 Certified Training at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training courses in Microsoft SQL Server 2008, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes for MS SQL Server 2008, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Training Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Training Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your certified training in SQL Server 2008 will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training courses in Microsoft SQL Server 2008, you need look no further than Activia.