Quick links to our most popular courses:
Your place or ours? Training at your officesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and often much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office.
If you need laptops for software training, we can provide these too at a very small charge.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia centresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Contact detailsWant to contact us?
Please select the correct option so your communication is dealt with in the fastest time.
Quick LinksHere are quick links to what you need.
If you want help with your training needs, let us know:
Get your free copy of the Activia Training Directory
Set up a special class on the date and location of your choice:
We thrive on feedback - so please give us your opinion !!
Although we have sixteen centres across the UK, all operations are controlled from our Head Office.
Call us on 0845 230 6150
Or click to
Address details are:
268 Bath Road
Slough SL1 4DX
We hope to hear from you soon!
Training Courses UK From Activia
Designing & Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
A Five-Day Training Course
Authorised Microsoft Training Course
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to design and deploy messaging solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. This course describes how to gather requirements for a messaging solution and then design the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with the current infrastructure. The course then covers how to plan and deploy the various server roles in Exchange Server 2010. You will explore the various options for implementing messaging security, policies, and compliance. The course also examines the high availability and disaster recovery options and how to develop a troubleshooting plan. Finally, the course describes how to plan the upgrade from earlier versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2010 and the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with other messaging systems.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the Exchange Server messaging environment in an enterprise. This IT professional is the senior administrator, or ""engineer"" who acts as a technical lead over a team of administrators. This person is a third level of support in addition to the Exchange Recipient Administrator, which is the first level and the Exchange Server Administrator, which is the second level. In an effort to ensure that end users have the best possible messaging experience, this person also evaluates new technologies and tools. The candidate is responsible for the planning and deployment of the Exchange Servers in an enterprise environment. He or she should have a minimum of two years of experience administering, deploying, managing, monitoring, upgrading, migrating, and designing Exchange Server." "Before attending this course, delegates must have:
Module 1: Introduction to Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Deployment
• Gathering Business Requirements • Identifying Additional Requirements • Introduction to Service Level Management • Analyzing the Current Messaging Environment
Lab : Introduction to Designing an Exchange Server 2010 Deployment
• Evaluating the Existing Messaging Environment • Creating a Requirements Document • Discussion: Real-World Best Practices for Setting Budget Expectations • Discussion: Refining the Scope of SLA Requirements
Module 2: Designing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Integration with the Current Infrastructure
• Designing the Network Infrastructure • Designing the Active Directory Infrastructure • Designing the DNS Infrastructure • Planning Exchange Server Administration
Lab : Designing Exchange Server Integration with the Current Infrastructure
• Evaluating the Existing Network Infrastructure • Determining Suitability for Exchange Server 2010 • Preparing the AD DS Forest for Exchange Server 2010 • Configuring Exchange Server Delegation
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Mailbox Services
• Overview of Mailbox Services in Exchange Server 2010 • Designing Mailbox Servers • Designing Recipient Management • Designing Public Folder Architecture
Lab : Planning and Deploying Mailbox Services
• Designing the Mailbox Server Deployment • Designing Recipient Management • Designing a Public Folder Deployment • Implementing Mailbox Services
Module 4: Planning and Deploying Client Access Services in Exchange Server 2010
• Overview of the Client Access Server Role • Designing the Client Access Server Deployment • Designing Client Access • Designing Client Access Policies
Lab : Planning and Deploying Client Access Services in Exchange Server 2010
• Designing the Client Access Server Deployment • Designing Client Access • Implementing Client Access
Module 5: Planning and Deploying Message Transport in Exchange Server 2010
• Designing Message Routing for Exchange Server 2010 • Designing Hub Transport Servers • Designing the Message Routing Perimeter
Lab : Planning and Deploying Message Transport in Exchange Server 2010
• Designing a Message Routing Topology • Designing a Messaging Perimeter • Discussion: Improving an Active Directory and Message Routing Design • Modifying the Routing Topology
Module 6: Planning and Deploying Messaging Security
• Designing Message Security • Designing Antivirus and Anti-Spam Solutions
Lab : Planning and Deploying Messaging Security
• Designing Message Security • Designing Antivirus and Anti-Spam Solutions • Implementing Message Security
Module 7: Planning and Deploying Messaging Compliance
• Designing Transport Compliance • Designing AD RMS Integration with Exchange Server 2010 • Designing Message Journaling and Archiving • Designing Messaging Records Management
Lab : Planning and Deploying Messaging Compliance
• Planning a Message Transport Implementation • Planning a Messaging Journaling and Archiving Solution • Planning a Messaging Records Management Implementation • Implementing a Messaging Compliance Solution
Module 8: Planning and Deploying High Availability
• Introduction to High Availability Planning in Exchange Server 2010 • Designing High Availability for Mailbox Databases • Designing High Availability for Other Server Roles • Designing Site Resilience
Lab : Planning and Deploying High Availability
• Designing High Availability for Exchange Server • Implementing High Availability for Exchange Servers
Module 9: Planning a Disaster Recovery Solution
• Planning for Disaster Mitigation • Planning Exchange Server Backup • Planning Exchange Server Recovery
Lab : Planning a Disaster Recovery Solution
• Planning Disaster Recovery for Vancouver • Planning Disaster Recovery for San Diego • Implementing Single-Item Recovery
Module 10: Planning Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
• Planning Exchange Server Monitoring • Planning Exchange Server Troubleshooting
Lab : Planning Exchange Server 2010 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
• Establishing a Baseline for Performance • Measuring the Production System Performance under Additional Load
Module 11: Upgrading to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
• Overview of Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010 • Planning the Upgrade from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010 • Planning the Upgrade from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Lab : Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
• Reviewing the Exchange Server 2010 Design • Designing an Exchange Server 2010 Upgrade Strategy
Module 12: Integrating Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 with Other Messaging Systems
• Designing Exchange Server 2010 Integration with Other Messaging Systems • Designing Exchange Server 2010 Integration with Federated Partners • Designing Exchange Server 2010 Integration with Exchange Online
Lab : Integrating Exchange Server 2010 with Other Messaging Systems
• Designing Exchange Server 2010 Coexistence with Another Messaging System
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Microsoft Course 10233A
We can provide training in soft skills and Microsoft software at any of our sixteen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of training in soft skills and Microsoft software. This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with job related training and courses for Microsoft including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.