Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Find and book the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Oracle® Foundation Training Course From Activia
A Five-Day Training Course
The Oracle Fundamentals course is designed to give delegates practical experience in writing SQL statements and scripts using Oracle SQL. The basic SELECT statement, the use of SQL functions, SQL*Plus parameters and the basic table and view handling statements are introduced.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use and understand Oracle SQL to query and update an Oracle database; and who also needs an introduction to the PL/SQL programming language.
Relational Database Concepts
• What is an Oracle Database • Relational Database Structures • Tables, Rows and Columns • Indexes, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys • Supported Datatypes • The Data Dictionary
• What is SQL*Plus • Getting Started • Entering and Executing SQL Statements • Editing SQL Statements • Creating, Editing and Executing SQL Files
Using SQL Developer
• What is Oracle SQL Developer • Starting SQL Developer • Configure a Connection • Navigation Tabs • SQL Worksheet
Retrieving Data With The Select Statement
• The SELECT Statement • The SELECT and FROM Clauses • Conditions and the WHERE Clause • Other Conditional Operators • Logical Operators • The ORDER BY Clause • Column Aliases • Arithmetic Expressions • Precedence of Operators
• Overview of Built In Aggregate Functions • The GROUP BY Clause • The HAVING Clause
• Overview of Table Joins • Inner Joins • Table Aliases • Outer Joins • Self Joins • ANSI Standard Joins • Set Operators
Numeric, Character and Date Functions
• Function Types • Using the Table dual to try out Functions • Numeric Functions • Character Functions • String Concatenation • Date Arithmetic and Date Functions
Conversion and Miscellaneous Functions
• Conversion Functions • The NVL and NVL2 Functions • The DECODE Function • CASE Expressions • The COALESCE and NULLIF Functions
• Command Line Substitution Parameters • The Accept Command • The Define and Undefine Commands
• Overview of Subqueries • Use a Subquery as an Alternative to Join • Handle Multiple Records in Subqueries • Subquery in a Having Clause • Anti-Join • In-Line Views • Top-N Queries • Complex Subqueries • Multi Column Subqueries • Correlated Subqueries • Subquery Rules • Combining Unrelated Aggregates • Using the ANY, ALL and SOME Operators
• Inserting Rows • Updating Rows • Deleting Rows • Verifying Updates • Transaction Control • Commit and Rollback • Savepoints • Commits and Constraints • Amending Data in SQL Developer
• Creating Tables • Specifying Constraints • Altering Tables, Columns and Constraints • Dropping Tables, Columns and Constraints • Copying Tables
Managing Indexes and Views
• Creating Indexes • Dropping Indexes • Listing Indexes • Creating and Using Views • Dropping Views • Listing Views
Managing Sequences and Synonyms
• Create a Sequence • View Sequence Details • Create a Synonym • List Synonyms
• What is PL/SQL? • Basic Elements • Variables and Constants • Data Types • Initialising Variables and Assigning Values • Using SQL Statements in Code • Generating Output to SQL or SQL Developer
• IF THEN ELSIF ELSE Statements • CASE Statements • The Basic Loop Construct • WHILE and FOR Loops • Nested and Labelled Loops • The GOTO Statement • The CONTINUE Statement
• What is a Cursor? • Implicit and Explicit Cursors • Cursor Operations • Declaring, Opening and Closing Cursors • Fetching Rows • Status Checking • Using Cursors FOR UPDATE • The Cursor FOR Loop • Parameterised Cursors
Exceptions and Nested Blocks
• The EXCEPTION Section • Types of Exception • Handling Named System-Raised Exceptions • Handling Un-named System-Raised Exceptions • User-Declared Exceptions and Application Errors • WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL • Nested and Labelled Blocks • Propagation of Exceptions • Scope of Variables and Cursors • Scope of Goto Statements
Pl/SQL Records and Index-By Tables
• Declaring Record Types • Handling PL/SQL Records • Nested Records • Declaring PL/SQL Index-By Tables or Associative Arrays • PL/SQL Table Built-in Functions • Manipulating PL/SQL Tables or Associative Arrays
Oracle® Foundation Training Course from ActiviaWe can provide training course in Oracle Foundation at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification classes for Oracle Foundation.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.