Oracle® Foundation Training Course
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle Fundamentals course is designed to give delegates practical experience in writing SQL statements and scripts using Oracle SQL. The basic SELECT statement, the use of SQL functions, SQL*Plus parameters and the basic table and view handling statements are introduced.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use and understand Oracle SQL to query and update an Oracle database; and who also needs an introduction to the PL/SQL programming language.
Relational Database Concepts
• What is an Oracle Database • Relational Database Structures • Tables, Rows and Columns • Indexes, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys • Supported Datatypes • The Data Dictionary
• What is SQL*Plus • Getting Started • Entering and Executing SQL Statements • Editing SQL Statements • Creating, Editing and Executing SQL Files
Using SQL Developer
• What is Oracle SQL Developer • Starting SQL Developer • Configure a Connection • Navigation Tabs • SQL Worksheet
Retrieving Data With The Select Statement
• The SELECT Statement • The SELECT and FROM Clauses • Conditions and the WHERE Clause • Other Conditional Operators • Logical Operators • The ORDER BY Clause • Column Aliases • Arithmetic Expressions • Precedence of Operators
• Overview of Built In Aggregate Functions • The GROUP BY Clause • The HAVING Clause
• Overview of Table Joins • Inner Joins • Table Aliases • Outer Joins • Self Joins • ANSI Standard Joins • Set Operators
Numeric, Character and Date Functions
• Function Types • Using the Table dual to try out Functions • Numeric Functions • Character Functions • String Concatenation • Date Arithmetic and Date Functions
Conversion and Miscellaneous Functions
• Conversion Functions • The NVL and NVL2 Functions • The DECODE Function • CASE Expressions • The COALESCE and NULLIF Functions
• Command Line Substitution Parameters • The Accept Command • The Define and Undefine Commands
• Overview of Subqueries • Use a Subquery as an Alternative to Join • Handle Multiple Records in Subqueries • Subquery in a Having Clause • Anti-Join • In-Line Views • Top-N Queries • Complex Subqueries • Multi Column Subqueries • Correlated Subqueries • Subquery Rules • Combining Unrelated Aggregates • Using the ANY, ALL and SOME Operators
• Inserting Rows • Updating Rows • Deleting Rows • Verifying Updates • Transaction Control • Commit and Rollback • Savepoints • Commits and Constraints • Amending Data in SQL Developer
• Creating Tables • Specifying Constraints • Altering Tables, Columns and Constraints • Dropping Tables, Columns and Constraints • Copying Tables
Managing Indexes and Views
• Creating Indexes • Dropping Indexes • Listing Indexes • Creating and Using Views • Dropping Views • Listing Views
Managing Sequences and Synonyms
• Create a Sequence • View Sequence Details • Create a Synonym • List Synonyms
• What is PL/SQL? • Basic Elements • Variables and Constants • Data Types • Initialising Variables and Assigning Values • Using SQL Statements in Code • Generating Output to SQL or SQL Developer
• IF THEN ELSIF ELSE Statements • CASE Statements • The Basic Loop Construct • WHILE and FOR Loops • Nested and Labelled Loops • The GOTO Statement • The CONTINUE Statement
• What is a Cursor? • Implicit and Explicit Cursors • Cursor Operations • Declaring, Opening and Closing Cursors • Fetching Rows • Status Checking • Using Cursors FOR UPDATE • The Cursor FOR Loop • Parameterised Cursors
Exceptions and Nested Blocks
• The EXCEPTION Section • Types of Exception • Handling Named System-Raised Exceptions • Handling Un-named System-Raised Exceptions • User-Declared Exceptions and Application Errors • WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL • Nested and Labelled Blocks • Propagation of Exceptions • Scope of Variables and Cursors • Scope of Goto Statements
Pl/SQL Records and Index-By Tables
• Declaring Record Types • Handling PL/SQL Records • Nested Records • Declaring PL/SQL Index-By Tables or Associative Arrays • PL/SQL Table Built-in Functions • Manipulating PL/SQL Tables or Associative Arrays
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training course in Oracle Foundation in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Oracle® Foundation SQL Training.
If you are looking for certification classes for Oracle Foundation, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Oracle® Foundation Training Course at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training for Oracle Foundation SQL, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes in Oracle Foundation SQL, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Oracle® Foundation SQL Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation SQL Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training course in Oracle Foundation will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training for Oracle Foundation SQL, you need look no further than Activia.