Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
A Three-Day Training Course
The Oracle SQL course is designed to give delegates practical experience in the skills needed to query and update data held in an Oracle Relational Database. The basic SELECT statement, the use of SQL functions and the basic table and view handling statements are introduced.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use and understand Oracle SQL to query and update data in an Oracle database.
Relational Database Concepts
• What is an Oracle Database • Relational Database Structures • Tables, Rows and Columns • Indexes, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys • Supported Datatypes • The Data Dictionary
• What is SQL*Plus • Getting Started • Entering and Executing SQL Statements • Editing SQL Statements • Creating, Editing and Executing SQL Files
Using SQL Developer
• What is Oracle SQL Developer • Starting SQL Developer • Configure a Connection • Navigation Tabs • SQL Worksheet
Retrieving Data With The Select Statement
• The SELECT Statement • The SELECT and FROM Clauses • Conditions and the WHERE Clause • Other Conditional Operators • Logical Operators • The ORDER BY Clause • Column Aliases • Arithmetic Expressions • Precedence of Operators
• Overview of Built In Aggregate Functions • The GROUP BY Clause • The HAVING Clause
• Overview of Table Joins • Inner Joins • Table Aliases • Outer Joins • Self Joins • ANSI Standard Joins • Set Operators
Numeric, Character and Date Functions
• Function Types • Using the Table dual to try out Functions • Numeric Functions • Character Functions • String Concatenation • Date Arithmetic and Date Functions
Conversion and Miscellaneous Functions
• Conversion Functions • The NVL and NVL2 Functions • The DECODE Function • CASE Expressions • The COALESCE and NULLIF Functions
• Command Line Substitution Parameters • The Accept Command • The Define and Undefine Commands
• Overview of Subqueries • In-Line Views • Top-N Queries • Complex Subqueries • Multi Column Subqueries • Correlated Subqueries • Subquery Rules • Using the ANY, ALL and SOME Operators
• Inserting Rows • Updating Rows • Deleting Rows • Verifying Updates • Transaction Control • Commit and Rollback • Savepoints • Commits and Constraints • Amending Data in SQL Developer
• Creating Tables • Specifying Constraints • Altering Tables, Columns and Constraints • Dropping Tables, Columns and Constraints • Copying Tables
Managing Indexes and Views
• Creating Indexes • Dropping Indexes • Listing Indexes • Creating and Using Views • Dropping Views • Listing Views
Managing Sequences and Synonyms
• Create a Sequence • View Sequence Details • Create a Synonym • List Synonyms
The course covers the major topics required for the Oracle examination 1Z0-051: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I.
Follow On Courses
Oracle® Foundation Courses from ActiviaWe can provide courses for Oracle Foundation at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training skills course in Oracle Foundation.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.