Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle SQL course is designed to give delegates practical experience in the skills needed to query and update data held in an Oracle Relational Database. The basic SELECT statement, the use of SQL functions and the basic table and view handling statements are introduced.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use and understand Oracle SQL to query and update data in an Oracle database.
Relational Database Concepts
• What is an Oracle Database • Relational Database Structures • Tables, Rows and Columns • Indexes, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys • Supported Datatypes • The Data Dictionary
• What is SQL*Plus • Getting Started • Entering and Executing SQL Statements • Editing SQL Statements • Creating, Editing and Executing SQL Files
Using SQL Developer
• What is Oracle SQL Developer • Starting SQL Developer • Configure a Connection • Navigation Tabs • SQL Worksheet
Retrieving Data With The Select Statement
• The SELECT Statement • The SELECT and FROM Clauses • Conditions and the WHERE Clause • Other Conditional Operators • Logical Operators • The ORDER BY Clause • Column Aliases • Arithmetic Expressions • Precedence of Operators
• Overview of Built In Aggregate Functions • The GROUP BY Clause • The HAVING Clause
• Overview of Table Joins • Inner Joins • Table Aliases • Outer Joins • Self Joins • ANSI Standard Joins • Set Operators
Numeric, Character and Date Functions
• Function Types • Using the Table dual to try out Functions • Numeric Functions • Character Functions • String Concatenation • Date Arithmetic and Date Functions
Conversion and Miscellaneous Functions
• Conversion Functions • The NVL and NVL2 Functions • The DECODE Function • CASE Expressions • The COALESCE and NULLIF Functions
• Command Line Substitution Parameters • The Accept Command • The Define and Undefine Commands
• Overview of Subqueries • In-Line Views • Top-N Queries • Complex Subqueries • Multi Column Subqueries • Correlated Subqueries • Subquery Rules • Using the ANY, ALL and SOME Operators
• Inserting Rows • Updating Rows • Deleting Rows • Verifying Updates • Transaction Control • Commit and Rollback • Savepoints • Commits and Constraints • Amending Data in SQL Developer
• Creating Tables • Specifying Constraints • Altering Tables, Columns and Constraints • Dropping Tables, Columns and Constraints • Copying Tables
Managing Indexes and Views
• Creating Indexes • Dropping Indexes • Listing Indexes • Creating and Using Views • Dropping Views • Listing Views
Managing Sequences and Synonyms
• Create a Sequence • View Sequence Details • Create a Synonym • List Synonyms
The course covers the major topics required for the Oracle examination 1Z0-051: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I.
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training courses in Oracle Foundation PL SQL will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for courses for Oracle Foundation wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your training skills course in Oracle Foundation as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house course for Oracle Foundation PL SQL, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle Foundation certification courses UK from Activia