Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® SQL Advanced
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle SQL Advanced course is designed to give delegates practical experience in using some of the more advanced features of Oracle SQL. Additional datatypes and the use of advanced SQL functions and expressions are covered together with enhanced table handling features.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use the more advanced features of SQL to improve their productivity in querying and updating an Oracle database.
Retrieve Data Using Subqueries
• ANY, ALL or SOME Operators • Correlated Subqueries • In-Line Views • The Exists Operator • The WITH Clause • Multi-Column Subqueries • Insert and Update Using a Query • Correlated Update and Delete
• Hierarchical data • The START WITH and CONNECT BY clauses • The LEVEL pseudo-column • Sequencing the output • Eliminating nodes and branches
Enhanced Grouping Features
• Review of basic grouping concepts • The ROLLUP and CUBE extensions • The GROUPING SETS extension • Using the GROUPING and GROUPING_ID functions
Manage Large Data Sets
• Multi-table Inserts • Conditional and Unconditional Inserts • Merging Data into a Table • Table and View Based Merge • A Sub Query Based Merge
• Flashback Query • The AS Clause • Flashback Table • Flashback Drop
Date, Time and Timezone Support
• Date, Timestamp and Interval datatypes • Handling dates and times • Handling intervals • Date, timestamp and interval functions and literals • Related NLS parameters
Regular Expression Support
• Regular Expression Notation • Character matching • Repetition operators • Sub expression grouping • Regular expression functions
Manage Objects With The Data Dictionary
• The Data Dictionary • Useful Data Dictionary Tables • Using the Data Dictionary
Manage Schema Objects
• Column Operations • Constraint Operations • Creating and Dropping Indexes • B-Tree Indexes • Function Based Indexes • Descending Indexes • Creating and Using External Tables
• System Privileges and Roles • Create Users • Alter User Details • Grant and Revoke Object Privileges
Together with the Oracle SQL course, the Oracle SQL Advanced course covers the major topics required for the following Oracle examinations: Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL (1Z0-007) and Oracle Database SQL Expert (IZ0-047).
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Oracle® Foundation Courses from ActiviaWe can provide courses for Oracle Foundation at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training skills course in Oracle Foundation.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.