WAYS TO CONTACT US
OUR TRAINING CENTRES
SOUTH & SOUTH EAST
MIDLANDS & NORTH
Quick links to TOP COURSES
Software & IT
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU WANT?
Bookings and Enquiries:
We're here to help!
Access your Dashboard:
Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® SQL Advanced
A Two-Day Training Course
The Oracle SQL Advanced course is designed to give delegates practical experience in using some of the more advanced features of Oracle SQL. Additional datatypes and the use of advanced SQL functions and expressions are covered together with enhanced table handling features.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use the more advanced features of SQL to improve their productivity in querying and updating an Oracle database.
Retrieve Data Using Subqueries
• ANY, ALL or SOME Operators • Correlated Subqueries • In-Line Views • The Exists Operator • The WITH Clause • Multi-Column Subqueries • Insert and Update Using a Query • Correlated Update and Delete
• Hierarchical data • The START WITH and CONNECT BY clauses • The LEVEL pseudo-column • Sequencing the output • Eliminating nodes and branches
Enhanced Grouping Features
• Review of basic grouping concepts • The ROLLUP and CUBE extensions • The GROUPING SETS extension • Using the GROUPING and GROUPING_ID functions
Manage Large Data Sets
• Multi-table Inserts • Conditional and Unconditional Inserts • Merging Data into a Table • Table and View Based Merge • A Sub Query Based Merge
• Flashback Query • The AS Clause • Flashback Table • Flashback Drop
Date, Time and Timezone Support
• Date, Timestamp and Interval datatypes • Handling dates and times • Handling intervals • Date, timestamp and interval functions and literals • Related NLS parameters
Regular Expression Support
• Regular Expression Notation • Character matching • Repetition operators • Sub expression grouping • Regular expression functions
Manage Objects With The Data Dictionary
• The Data Dictionary • Useful Data Dictionary Tables • Using the Data Dictionary
Manage Schema Objects
• Column Operations • Constraint Operations • Creating and Dropping Indexes • B-Tree Indexes • Function Based Indexes • Descending Indexes • Creating and Using External Tables
• System Privileges and Roles • Create Users • Alter User Details • Grant and Revoke Object Privileges
Together with the Oracle SQL course, the Oracle SQL Advanced course covers the major topics required for the following Oracle examinations: Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL (1Z0-007) and Oracle Database SQL Expert (IZ0-047).
Follow On Courses
We can provide courses for Oracle Foundation at any of our ten centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of courses for Oracle Foundation. This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training skills course in Oracle Foundation.