Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® SQL Advanced
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle SQL Advanced course is designed to give delegates practical experience in using some of the more advanced features of Oracle SQL. Additional datatypes and the use of advanced SQL functions and expressions are covered together with enhanced table handling features.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use the more advanced features of SQL to improve their productivity in querying and updating an Oracle database.
Retrieve Data Using Subqueries
• ANY, ALL or SOME Operators • Correlated Subqueries • In-Line Views • The Exists Operator • The WITH Clause • Multi-Column Subqueries • Insert and Update Using a Query • Correlated Update and Delete
• Hierarchical data • The START WITH and CONNECT BY clauses • The LEVEL pseudo-column • Sequencing the output • Eliminating nodes and branches
Enhanced Grouping Features
• Review of basic grouping concepts • The ROLLUP and CUBE extensions • The GROUPING SETS extension • Using the GROUPING and GROUPING_ID functions
Manage Large Data Sets
• Multi-table Inserts • Conditional and Unconditional Inserts • Merging Data into a Table • Table and View Based Merge • A Sub Query Based Merge
• Flashback Query • The AS Clause • Flashback Table • Flashback Drop
Date, Time and Timezone Support
• Date, Timestamp and Interval datatypes • Handling dates and times • Handling intervals • Date, timestamp and interval functions and literals • Related NLS parameters
Regular Expression Support
• Regular Expression Notation • Character matching • Repetition operators • Sub expression grouping • Regular expression functions
Manage Objects With The Data Dictionary
• The Data Dictionary • Useful Data Dictionary Tables • Using the Data Dictionary
Manage Schema Objects
• Column Operations • Constraint Operations • Creating and Dropping Indexes • B-Tree Indexes • Function Based Indexes • Descending Indexes • Creating and Using External Tables
• System Privileges and Roles • Create Users • Alter User Details • Grant and Revoke Object Privileges
Together with the Oracle SQL course, the Oracle SQL Advanced course covers the major topics required for the following Oracle examinations: Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL (1Z0-007) and Oracle Database SQL Expert (IZ0-047).
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training courses in Oracle Foundation PL SQL will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for courses for Oracle Foundation wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your training skills course in Oracle Foundation as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house course for Oracle Foundation PL SQL, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle Foundation certification courses UK from Activia