Oracle® Foundation Courses
Oracle® SQL Advanced
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle SQL Advanced course is designed to give delegates practical experience in using some of the more advanced features of Oracle SQL. Additional datatypes and the use of advanced SQL functions and expressions are covered together with enhanced table handling features.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to use the more advanced features of SQL to improve their productivity in querying and updating an Oracle database.
Retrieve Data Using Subqueries
• ANY, ALL or SOME Operators • Correlated Subqueries • In-Line Views • The Exists Operator • The WITH Clause • Multi-Column Subqueries • Insert and Update Using a Query • Correlated Update and Delete
• Hierarchical data • The START WITH and CONNECT BY clauses • The LEVEL pseudo-column • Sequencing the output • Eliminating nodes and branches
Enhanced Grouping Features
• Review of basic grouping concepts • The ROLLUP and CUBE extensions • The GROUPING SETS extension • Using the GROUPING and GROUPING_ID functions
Manage Large Data Sets
• Multi-table Inserts • Conditional and Unconditional Inserts • Merging Data into a Table • Table and View Based Merge • A Sub Query Based Merge
• Flashback Query • The AS Clause • Flashback Table • Flashback Drop
Date, Time and Timezone Support
• Date, Timestamp and Interval datatypes • Handling dates and times • Handling intervals • Date, timestamp and interval functions and literals • Related NLS parameters
Regular Expression Support
• Regular Expression Notation • Character matching • Repetition operators • Sub expression grouping • Regular expression functions
Manage Objects With The Data Dictionary
• The Data Dictionary • Useful Data Dictionary Tables • Using the Data Dictionary
Manage Schema Objects
• Column Operations • Constraint Operations • Creating and Dropping Indexes • B-Tree Indexes • Function Based Indexes • Descending Indexes • Creating and Using External Tables
• System Privileges and Roles • Create Users • Alter User Details • Grant and Revoke Object Privileges
Together with the Oracle SQL course, the Oracle SQL Advanced course covers the major topics required for the following Oracle examinations: Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL (1Z0-007) and Oracle Database SQL Expert (IZ0-047).
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for courses for Oracle Foundation in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Advanced Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses.
If you are looking for training skills course in Oracle Foundation, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Oracle® Foundation Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training courses in Oracle Foundation PL SQL, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for course for Oracle Foundation PL SQL, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Advanced Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Advanced Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your courses for Oracle Foundation will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training courses in Oracle Foundation PL SQL, you need look no further than Activia.