Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Foundation Training Course From Activia
Oracle® PL/SQL Stored Program Units
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course has been designed to provide the skills needed to develop, write and maintain triggers, stored program units and packages.
Who Should Attend
Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to write new or maintain existing, PL/SQL triggers, program units and packages.
• DML Triggers • The CREATE TRIGGER Statement • Writing Trigger Code • INSTEAD OF Triggers • Calling Procedures from Triggers • Coding Restrictions • System Event and DDL Triggers • Attribute Functions • Compound Triggers • Create Trigger Follows Clause • Managing Triggers • Privileges Required for Triggers • Dictionary Information Concerning Triggers
• What is a Procedure? • The CREATE PROCEDURE Statement • Procedure Parameters • Invoking Procedures • Local Subprograms • Named Association Parameter Passing • Definer's Rights and Invoker's Rights • Autonomous Transactions • Managing Procedures • Privileges Required for Procedures • Dictionary Information Concerning Procedures • The Call Statement
• What is a Function? • The CREATE FUNCTION Statement • Executing Functions • Invoker's Rights • Autonomous Transactions • DBMS_OUTPUT • Using Functions in SQL Statements • Deterministic and Parallel-Enabled Functions • Function Result Cache • Managing Functions • Privileges Required for Functions • Dictionary Information Concerning Functions
• What is a Package? • Public and Private Components • Creating a Package • Example Package • Persistent States • One-time-only Procedures • Overloading • Purity Level Checking • Forward Declarations • Wrapping Packages • Managing Packages • Privileges Required for Packages • Dictionary Information Concerning Packages
Using PL/SQL Records and Tables In Packages
• Overview of PL/SQL Records, Index-by Tables and Associative Arrays • Using PL/SQL Records and Tables in Packages • Table Built-in Functions • The NOCOPY Hint • Bulk Collection • Bulk Binding DML Statements
Cursor Variables (Ref Cursors)
• Declare Cursor Variables • Use Cursor Variables • Open and Close Cursor Variables • Fetch Rows • Cursor Variable Attributes • Pass Cursor Variables as Parameters • Refcursor Datatype
• Dependent and Referenced Objects • Invalidation and Recompilation • Local and Remote Dependencies • Recompilation Considerations
Native Compilation and Compile-Time Warnings
• Introduction • Native Compilation • Automatic Recompilation • Automatic Program Sublining • WHEN OTHERS ...THEN NULL • Data Dictionary Information • Compiler Warning Categories • Using the DBMS_WARNING Package
• Overview of Oracle-Supplied Packages • Using the DBMS_SQL Package • Using Native Dynamic SQL • The DBMS_METADATA Package • The UTL_MAIL Package • The DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO Package • The DBMS_UTILITY Package • Scheduling Jobs using the DBMS_SCHEDULER Package
Together with the PL/SQL course, the Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the following Oracle examinations:
Exams are not included as part of the course.
Follow Up Courses
Oracle® Foundation Training Course from ActiviaWe can provide training course in Oracle Foundation at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification classes for Oracle Foundation.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.