Oracle® Foundation Training Course From Activia
Oracle® PL/SQL Stored Program Units
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course has been designed to provide the skills needed to develop, write and maintain triggers, stored program units and packages.
Who Should Attend
Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to write new or maintain existing, PL/SQL triggers, program units and packages.
• DML Triggers • The CREATE TRIGGER Statement • Writing Trigger Code • INSTEAD OF Triggers • Calling Procedures from Triggers • Coding Restrictions • System Event and DDL Triggers • Attribute Functions • Compound Triggers • Create Trigger Follows Clause • Managing Triggers • Privileges Required for Triggers • Dictionary Information Concerning Triggers
• What is a Procedure? • The CREATE PROCEDURE Statement • Procedure Parameters • Invoking Procedures • Local Subprograms • Named Association Parameter Passing • Definer's Rights and Invoker's Rights • Autonomous Transactions • Managing Procedures • Privileges Required for Procedures • Dictionary Information Concerning Procedures • The Call Statement
• What is a Function? • The CREATE FUNCTION Statement • Executing Functions • Invoker's Rights • Autonomous Transactions • DBMS_OUTPUT • Using Functions in SQL Statements • Deterministic and Parallel-Enabled Functions • Function Result Cache • Managing Functions • Privileges Required for Functions • Dictionary Information Concerning Functions
• What is a Package? • Public and Private Components • Creating a Package • Example Package • Persistent States • One-time-only Procedures • Overloading • Purity Level Checking • Forward Declarations • Wrapping Packages • Managing Packages • Privileges Required for Packages • Dictionary Information Concerning Packages
Using PL/SQL Records and Tables In Packages
• Overview of PL/SQL Records, Index-by Tables and Associative Arrays • Using PL/SQL Records and Tables in Packages • Table Built-in Functions • The NOCOPY Hint • Bulk Collection • Bulk Binding DML Statements
Cursor Variables (Ref Cursors)
• Declare Cursor Variables • Use Cursor Variables • Open and Close Cursor Variables • Fetch Rows • Cursor Variable Attributes • Pass Cursor Variables as Parameters • Refcursor Datatype
• Dependent and Referenced Objects • Invalidation and Recompilation • Local and Remote Dependencies • Recompilation Considerations
Native Compilation and Compile-Time Warnings
• Introduction • Native Compilation • Automatic Recompilation • Automatic Program Sublining • WHEN OTHERS ...THEN NULL • Data Dictionary Information • Compiler Warning Categories • Using the DBMS_WARNING Package
• Overview of Oracle-Supplied Packages • Using the DBMS_SQL Package • Using Native Dynamic SQL • The DBMS_METADATA Package • The UTL_MAIL Package • The DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO Package • The DBMS_UTILITY Package • Scheduling Jobs using the DBMS_SCHEDULER Package
Together with the PL/SQL course, the Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the following Oracle examinations:
Exams are not included as part of the course.
Follow Up Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training for Oracle Foundation SQL will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training course in Oracle Foundation wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Foundation SQL Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation SQL Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your certification classes for Oracle Foundation as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house classes in Oracle Foundation SQL, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle Foundation training course UK from Activia