Oracle® Foundation Training Course
Oracle® PL/SQL Stored Program Units
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course has been designed to provide the skills needed to develop, write and maintain triggers, stored program units and packages.
Who Should Attend
Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to write new or maintain existing, PL/SQL triggers, program units and packages.
• DML Triggers • The CREATE TRIGGER Statement • Writing Trigger Code • INSTEAD OF Triggers • Calling Procedures from Triggers • Coding Restrictions • System Event and DDL Triggers • Attribute Functions • Compound Triggers • Create Trigger Follows Clause • Managing Triggers • Privileges Required for Triggers • Dictionary Information Concerning Triggers
• What is a Procedure? • The CREATE PROCEDURE Statement • Procedure Parameters • Invoking Procedures • Local Subprograms • Named Association Parameter Passing • Definer's Rights and Invoker's Rights • Autonomous Transactions • Managing Procedures • Privileges Required for Procedures • Dictionary Information Concerning Procedures • The Call Statement
• What is a Function? • The CREATE FUNCTION Statement • Executing Functions • Invoker's Rights • Autonomous Transactions • DBMS_OUTPUT • Using Functions in SQL Statements • Deterministic and Parallel-Enabled Functions • Function Result Cache • Managing Functions • Privileges Required for Functions • Dictionary Information Concerning Functions
• What is a Package? • Public and Private Components • Creating a Package • Example Package • Persistent States • One-time-only Procedures • Overloading • Purity Level Checking • Forward Declarations • Wrapping Packages • Managing Packages • Privileges Required for Packages • Dictionary Information Concerning Packages
Using PL/SQL Records and Tables In Packages
• Overview of PL/SQL Records, Index-by Tables and Associative Arrays • Using PL/SQL Records and Tables in Packages • Table Built-in Functions • The NOCOPY Hint • Bulk Collection • Bulk Binding DML Statements
Cursor Variables (Ref Cursors)
• Declare Cursor Variables • Use Cursor Variables • Open and Close Cursor Variables • Fetch Rows • Cursor Variable Attributes • Pass Cursor Variables as Parameters • Refcursor Datatype
• Dependent and Referenced Objects • Invalidation and Recompilation • Local and Remote Dependencies • Recompilation Considerations
Native Compilation and Compile-Time Warnings
• Introduction • Native Compilation • Automatic Recompilation • Automatic Program Sublining • WHEN OTHERS ...THEN NULL • Data Dictionary Information • Compiler Warning Categories • Using the DBMS_WARNING Package
• Overview of Oracle-Supplied Packages • Using the DBMS_SQL Package • Using Native Dynamic SQL • The DBMS_METADATA Package • The UTL_MAIL Package • The DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO Package • The DBMS_UTILITY Package • Scheduling Jobs using the DBMS_SCHEDULER Package
Together with the PL/SQL course, the Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the following Oracle examinations:
Exams are not included as part of the course.
Follow Up Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training course in Oracle Foundation in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Oracle® Foundation SQL Training.
If you are looking for certification classes for Oracle Foundation, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Oracle® Foundation Training Course at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training for Oracle Foundation SQL, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes in Oracle Foundation SQL, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Oracle® Foundation SQL Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation SQL Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training course in Oracle Foundation will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training for Oracle Foundation SQL, you need look no further than Activia.