WAYS TO CONTACT US
OUR TRAINING CENTRES
SOUTH & SOUTH EAST
MIDLANDS & NORTH
Quick links to TOP COURSES
Software & IT
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU WANT?
Bookings and Enquiries:
We're here to help!
Access your Dashboard:
Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® PL/SQL Advanced
A Three-Day Training Course
By the end of this Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course, delegates will be able to effectively tune PL/SQL code; create subtypes; create and use collections; execute external C programs and Java programs from PL/SQL; use fine-grained access control; use LOB data types and the DBMS_LOB package; use SecureFile LOBs; effectively design cursors; improve memory usage with PL/SQL result caching and SQL result sets and apply coding standards to avoid SQL injection attacks.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to gain practical experience of the advanced features of PL/SQL such as program design, packages, cursors, large objects and collections.
Designing Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Oracle Predefined Data Types • Create Subtypes Based on Existing Types for an Application • Guidelines for Cursor Design • Use Cursor Variables • Pass Cursor Variables as Program Parameters • Compare Cursor Variables to Static Cursors
• Overview of Collections • Associative Arrays • Nested Tables • Varrays • Create PL/SQL Programs that use Collections • Use Collections Effectively
Advanced Interface Methods
• The Benefits of External Routines • External Routine Components • Call an OS Supplied DLL • Call Java from PL/SQL • Call C from PL/SQL • Call Java from PL/SQL
Vpd And Fine-Grained Access Control
• Overview of Fine-Grained Access Control • The Features of Fine-Grained Access Control • Overview of an Application Context • Create an Application Context • Set an Application Context • Describe the Package DBMS_RLS • Implement a Policy • Query the Data Dictionary for Fine-Grained Access Control • Information
Manipulate Large Objects
• Overview of a LOB Object • Manage Internal LOBs • Character Large Objects • Binary Large Objects • External Large Objects - BFILEs • Create and Use the DIRECTORY Object to Access and Use BFILEs • The DBMS_LOB Package • Delete LOBs • Create a Temporary LOB using the Package DBMS_LOB
Administer Securefile Lobs
• Overview of SecureFile LOBs • Configure the Environment for SecureFile LOBs • Store Documents using SecureFile LOBs • Convert BasicFile LOBS to SecureFile LOBs • Evaluate the Performance of SecureFile LOBs • Establish Space Utilization of a LOB File • Set up Encryption • Enable Compression and Deduplication
Tuning Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Understand the PL/SQLCompiler • Influence the Compiler • Tuning PL/SQL Programs • The DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME Function • Tuning SQL • Reducing the Number of SQL Calls • PL/SQL Tuning • PL/SQL Native Compilation
Use Sql And Pl/Sql Caching To Improve Performance
• The Importance of the Shared Pool • Library Cache • The Data Dictionary Cache • Pinning Code in the Shared Pool • SQL and PL/SQL Caching • PL/SQL Function Cache
Analyze Pl/Sql Code
• Use Data Dictionary Views to View Coding Information • Use Supplied Packages to View Coding Information • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to View Metadata as XML • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to Create DDL that can be used to Re-create Objects • Determine Identifier Types and Usages with PL/Scope
Profile and Trace PL/SQL Code
• Trace PL/SQL Program Execution • Profile PL/SQL Applications • Access the Trace Data • DBMS_PROFILER
• Overview of SQL Injections • Detecting Attacks • Review of Dynamic SQL • The Attack Surface • Typical SQL Attacks • Reduce Attack Surfaces • Use the DBMS_ASSERT Package • Design Immune Code • Test Code for SQL Injection Flaws
This Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the Oracle examination #1Z0-146: Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL.
Follow On Courses
We can provide courses for Oracle Foundation at any of our ten centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices if you have groups of staff, this is a particularly convenient, flexible and cost effective option.
We have been training since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision of courses for Oracle Foundation. This means you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training skills course in Oracle Foundation.