Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® PL/SQL Advanced
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
By the end of this Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course, delegates will be able to effectively tune PL/SQL code; create subtypes; create and use collections; execute external C programs and Java programs from PL/SQL; use fine-grained access control; use LOB data types and the DBMS_LOB package; use SecureFile LOBs; effectively design cursors; improve memory usage with PL/SQL result caching and SQL result sets and apply coding standards to avoid SQL injection attacks.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to gain practical experience of the advanced features of PL/SQL such as program design, packages, cursors, large objects and collections.
Designing Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Oracle Predefined Data Types • Create Subtypes Based on Existing Types for an Application • Guidelines for Cursor Design • Use Cursor Variables • Pass Cursor Variables as Program Parameters • Compare Cursor Variables to Static Cursors
• Overview of Collections • Associative Arrays • Nested Tables • Varrays • Create PL/SQL Programs that use Collections • Use Collections Effectively
Advanced Interface Methods
• The Benefits of External Routines • External Routine Components • Call an OS Supplied DLL • Call Java from PL/SQL • Call C from PL/SQL • Call Java from PL/SQL
Vpd And Fine-Grained Access Control
• Overview of Fine-Grained Access Control • The Features of Fine-Grained Access Control • Overview of an Application Context • Create an Application Context • Set an Application Context • Describe the Package DBMS_RLS • Implement a Policy • Query the Data Dictionary for Fine-Grained Access Control • Information
Manipulate Large Objects
• Overview of a LOB Object • Manage Internal LOBs • Character Large Objects • Binary Large Objects • External Large Objects - BFILEs • Create and Use the DIRECTORY Object to Access and Use BFILEs • The DBMS_LOB Package • Delete LOBs • Create a Temporary LOB using the Package DBMS_LOB
Administer Securefile Lobs
• Overview of SecureFile LOBs • Configure the Environment for SecureFile LOBs • Store Documents using SecureFile LOBs • Convert BasicFile LOBS to SecureFile LOBs • Evaluate the Performance of SecureFile LOBs • Establish Space Utilization of a LOB File • Set up Encryption • Enable Compression and Deduplication
Tuning Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Understand the PL/SQLCompiler • Influence the Compiler • Tuning PL/SQL Programs • The DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME Function • Tuning SQL • Reducing the Number of SQL Calls • PL/SQL Tuning • PL/SQL Native Compilation
Use Sql And Pl/Sql Caching To Improve Performance
• The Importance of the Shared Pool • Library Cache • The Data Dictionary Cache • Pinning Code in the Shared Pool • SQL and PL/SQL Caching • PL/SQL Function Cache
Analyze Pl/Sql Code
• Use Data Dictionary Views to View Coding Information • Use Supplied Packages to View Coding Information • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to View Metadata as XML • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to Create DDL that can be used to Re-create Objects • Determine Identifier Types and Usages with PL/Scope
Profile and Trace PL/SQL Code
• Trace PL/SQL Program Execution • Profile PL/SQL Applications • Access the Trace Data • DBMS_PROFILER
• Overview of SQL Injections • Detecting Attacks • Review of Dynamic SQL • The Attack Surface • Typical SQL Attacks • Reduce Attack Surfaces • Use the DBMS_ASSERT Package • Design Immune Code • Test Code for SQL Injection Flaws
This Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the Oracle examination #1Z0-146: Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL.
Follow On Courses
Oracle® Foundation Courses from ActiviaWe can provide courses for Oracle Foundation at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with training skills course in Oracle Foundation.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.