Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management Training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Oracle® Foundation Courses from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Free Online Cloud Tools
See how we can help you with our Skills Appraisal and Course Creator tools, or ask a question on the forum.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Types of Training
Apart from the options of public/private/in-house training, we can tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® PL/SQL Advanced
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
By the end of this Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course, delegates will be able to effectively tune PL/SQL code; create subtypes; create and use collections; execute external C programs and Java programs from PL/SQL; use fine-grained access control; use LOB data types and the DBMS_LOB package; use SecureFile LOBs; effectively design cursors; improve memory usage with PL/SQL result caching and SQL result sets and apply coding standards to avoid SQL injection attacks.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to gain practical experience of the advanced features of PL/SQL such as program design, packages, cursors, large objects and collections.
Designing Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Oracle Predefined Data Types • Create Subtypes Based on Existing Types for an Application • Guidelines for Cursor Design • Use Cursor Variables • Pass Cursor Variables as Program Parameters • Compare Cursor Variables to Static Cursors
• Overview of Collections • Associative Arrays • Nested Tables • Varrays • Create PL/SQL Programs that use Collections • Use Collections Effectively
Advanced Interface Methods
• The Benefits of External Routines • External Routine Components • Call an OS Supplied DLL • Call Java from PL/SQL • Call C from PL/SQL • Call Java from PL/SQL
Vpd And Fine-Grained Access Control
• Overview of Fine-Grained Access Control • The Features of Fine-Grained Access Control • Overview of an Application Context • Create an Application Context • Set an Application Context • Describe the Package DBMS_RLS • Implement a Policy • Query the Data Dictionary for Fine-Grained Access Control • Information
Manipulate Large Objects
• Overview of a LOB Object • Manage Internal LOBs • Character Large Objects • Binary Large Objects • External Large Objects - BFILEs • Create and Use the DIRECTORY Object to Access and Use BFILEs • The DBMS_LOB Package • Delete LOBs • Create a Temporary LOB using the Package DBMS_LOB
Administer Securefile Lobs
• Overview of SecureFile LOBs • Configure the Environment for SecureFile LOBs • Store Documents using SecureFile LOBs • Convert BasicFile LOBS to SecureFile LOBs • Evaluate the Performance of SecureFile LOBs • Establish Space Utilization of a LOB File • Set up Encryption • Enable Compression and Deduplication
Tuning Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Understand the PL/SQLCompiler • Influence the Compiler • Tuning PL/SQL Programs • The DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME Function • Tuning SQL • Reducing the Number of SQL Calls • PL/SQL Tuning • PL/SQL Native Compilation
Use Sql And Pl/Sql Caching To Improve Performance
• The Importance of the Shared Pool • Library Cache • The Data Dictionary Cache • Pinning Code in the Shared Pool • SQL and PL/SQL Caching • PL/SQL Function Cache
Analyze Pl/Sql Code
• Use Data Dictionary Views to View Coding Information • Use Supplied Packages to View Coding Information • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to View Metadata as XML • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to Create DDL that can be used to Re-create Objects • Determine Identifier Types and Usages with PL/Scope
Profile and Trace PL/SQL Code
• Trace PL/SQL Program Execution • Profile PL/SQL Applications • Access the Trace Data • DBMS_PROFILER
• Overview of SQL Injections • Detecting Attacks • Review of Dynamic SQL • The Attack Surface • Typical SQL Attacks • Reduce Attack Surfaces • Use the DBMS_ASSERT Package • Design Immune Code • Test Code for SQL Injection Flaws
This Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the Oracle examination #1Z0-146: Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL.
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training courses in Oracle Foundation PL SQL will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for courses for Oracle Foundation wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your training skills course in Oracle Foundation as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house course for Oracle Foundation PL SQL, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle Foundation certification courses UK from Activia