Oracle® Foundation Courses From Activia
Oracle® PL/SQL Advanced
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
By the end of this Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course, delegates will be able to effectively tune PL/SQL code; create subtypes; create and use collections; execute external C programs and Java programs from PL/SQL; use fine-grained access control; use LOB data types and the DBMS_LOB package; use SecureFile LOBs; effectively design cursors; improve memory usage with PL/SQL result caching and SQL result sets and apply coding standards to avoid SQL injection attacks.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to gain practical experience of the advanced features of PL/SQL such as program design, packages, cursors, large objects and collections.
Designing Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Oracle Predefined Data Types • Create Subtypes Based on Existing Types for an Application • Guidelines for Cursor Design • Use Cursor Variables • Pass Cursor Variables as Program Parameters • Compare Cursor Variables to Static Cursors
• Overview of Collections • Associative Arrays • Nested Tables • Varrays • Create PL/SQL Programs that use Collections • Use Collections Effectively
Advanced Interface Methods
• The Benefits of External Routines • External Routine Components • Call an OS Supplied DLL • Call Java from PL/SQL • Call C from PL/SQL • Call Java from PL/SQL
Vpd And Fine-Grained Access Control
• Overview of Fine-Grained Access Control • The Features of Fine-Grained Access Control • Overview of an Application Context • Create an Application Context • Set an Application Context • Describe the Package DBMS_RLS • Implement a Policy • Query the Data Dictionary for Fine-Grained Access Control • Information
Manipulate Large Objects
• Overview of a LOB Object • Manage Internal LOBs • Character Large Objects • Binary Large Objects • External Large Objects - BFILEs • Create and Use the DIRECTORY Object to Access and Use BFILEs • The DBMS_LOB Package • Delete LOBs • Create a Temporary LOB using the Package DBMS_LOB
Administer Securefile Lobs
• Overview of SecureFile LOBs • Configure the Environment for SecureFile LOBs • Store Documents using SecureFile LOBs • Convert BasicFile LOBS to SecureFile LOBs • Evaluate the Performance of SecureFile LOBs • Establish Space Utilization of a LOB File • Set up Encryption • Enable Compression and Deduplication
Tuning Pl/Sql Code For Performance
• Understand the PL/SQLCompiler • Influence the Compiler • Tuning PL/SQL Programs • The DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME Function • Tuning SQL • Reducing the Number of SQL Calls • PL/SQL Tuning • PL/SQL Native Compilation
Use Sql And Pl/Sql Caching To Improve Performance
• The Importance of the Shared Pool • Library Cache • The Data Dictionary Cache • Pinning Code in the Shared Pool • SQL and PL/SQL Caching • PL/SQL Function Cache
Analyze Pl/Sql Code
• Use Data Dictionary Views to View Coding Information • Use Supplied Packages to View Coding Information • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to View Metadata as XML • Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to Create DDL that can be used to Re-create Objects • Determine Identifier Types and Usages with PL/Scope
Profile and Trace PL/SQL Code
• Trace PL/SQL Program Execution • Profile PL/SQL Applications • Access the Trace Data • DBMS_PROFILER
• Overview of SQL Injections • Detecting Attacks • Review of Dynamic SQL • The Attack Surface • Typical SQL Attacks • Reduce Attack Surfaces • Use the DBMS_ASSERT Package • Design Immune Code • Test Code for SQL Injection Flaws
This Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the Oracle examination #1Z0-146: Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL.
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training courses in Oracle Foundation PL SQL will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for courses for Oracle Foundation wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Foundation Pl SQL Training Courses, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your training skills course in Oracle Foundation as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house course for Oracle Foundation PL SQL, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle Foundation certification courses UK from Activia