0845 230 6150
0845 230 6159
Oracle® DBA Training Courses From Activia
Oracle® Database 11g Release 2 DBA - Part I
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
This intensive, hands-on 5 day course is designed to give the Oracle database administrator practical experience in setting up, administering and troubleshooting an Oracle 11g Release 1 or Release 2 database. Database administrators will gain an understanding of the architecture and processes of the Oracle database server. They will be able to ensure the integrity and availability of a company's data within the Oracle environment. They will be able to monitor the performance of the database and perform basic backup and recovery of the database.
Who Should Attend
The Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA - Part I course is intended for anyone who needs to administer, monitor and support an Oracle 11g database. The course is also suitable for personnel who need to administer, monitor and support an Oracle Database 11g Release 1 or Release 2 database.
Introduction to Oracle Database 11G
• Relational database concepts • Database administration tasks • DBA responsibilities
Oracle Database 11G Architecture
• Oracle database architecture • The Oracle instance • Memory structures • Background processes • Server and client processes • The Oracle database • Overview of Oracle ASM architecture
Installation and Configuration of An Oracle Database
• System Hardware Requirements • Optimal Flexible Architecture • Authentication methods for a database • Oracle environment variables • Install Oracle software using the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) • Silent Install • Use the database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) • Create a database with DBCA • Manage a database with DBCA • Delete a database with DBCA • Manage Templates using DBCA
Administer a Database Instance
• Administrative tools available to a DBA • Using SQL*Plus in Oracle to manage a database • Administer the database using Enterprise Manager (EM) • Start and stop the EM Database Console • Access EM • EM navigation • Grant EM administrative privileges to a user • Overview of Oracle Restart
Configure The Oracle Network Environment
• Overview of network configuration • Oracle Net Listener configuration and management • Oracle Net Naming methods • Tools for configuring and managing the Oracle network • Use Enterprise Manager to create and configure the Listener • Configure client connections with Net Manager • View listener configuration • Start and stop the Oracle listener • Enable Oracle Restart to monitor the listener • Use TNSPING to test Oracle Net connectivity • Connect to the database • Configure Net Services with Enterprise Manager • Overview of Dedicated Server architecture • Overview of Shared Server architecture • Identify when to use Shared Servers and when to use Dedicated Servers
Manage An Oracle Instance
• Access an Oracle database • Database authentication methods • Password file • The Startup Process • The Shutdown Process • Initialization parameters • Shutdown a database and instance using SQL and EM • Startup a database and instance using SQL and EM • View alert log and trace files • View or modify initialization parameters with EM
Tablespace and Datafile Management
• Overview of tablespaces and datafiles • Use EM to view the storage structure of the database • Create and alter tablespace commands • Locally managed tablespaces • Dictionary managed tablespaces • Bigfile tablespaces • Temporary tablespaces • Multiple temporary tablespaces • Create tablespaces • Manage tablespaces • Use standard and non-standard block sizes • Create and manage tablespaces using OMF • Drop tablespace command
Manage Redo Logs
• Redo log overview • Plan redo logs • Redo log data dictionary tables • Log switches and checkpoints • Log file maintenance • Add and drop log file members and groups • Clear a log file • Move or rename an online redo log file • Multiplex redo log files • Use EM to manage redo logs • Manage online redo log files with OMF • List redo log information
Manage Control Files
• The usage of the control file • The contents of a control file • Manage control files • Replace a lost or damaged control file • Mirror a control file • Standby control file • Manage control files with OMF • List control file information
Manage Schema Objects
• Create a new table • View the attributes and contents of a table • Understand data integrity • Define constraints • Alter tables • Create indexes • View index attributes • Create views • Create and use sequences
• Database administration accounts • User accounts • Create a user account • Operating system authentication • Change a user's password • Manage a user account • Drop a user account • Monitor user information • Terminate user sessions • Product user profiles
Manage Profiles and Resources
• Overview of user profiles • Profile resource parameters • Create profile command • Manage passwords with profiles • Control resource usage with profiles • Maintain profiles • Drop profiles
• Database access • Oracle supplied roles • System level privileges • Object level privileges • The grant and revoke commands • Create roles • Modify and drop roles • Control the availability of roles • Use predefined roles • Synonyms • Listing valid grants
• Overview of database auditing • Auditing SYS statements • Auditing end user sessions • Statement auditing • Privilege auditing • Auditing modifications made to database objects • Audit table relocation • Auditing from Enterprise Manager
• Undo data overview • Monitor and administer undo • Configure undo retention • Switch undo tablespaces • Specify the retention period • Guarantee undo retention • Retention period for flashback queries • View undo space information • Use the undo advisor • Size the undo tablespace • Manage undo with EM
• Create directory objects • Data Pump Export and Import • Data Pump architecture • Data Pump data dictionary views • Data Pump interactive mode • Data Pump API • Use Data Pump to export data • Use Data Pump to import data • SQL Loader • Overview of SQL Loader • Command line parameters • Record filtering • Control file keywords • Datafiles • SQL Loader data paths
Overview of Managing An Asm Instance
• Overview of Automatic Storage Management • ASM Storage Components • Set up initialization files for an ASM instance • Startup and Shutdown ASM Instances • Administer ASM disk groups • Administer ASM Files
Data Concurrency and Lock Conflicts
• Levels of locking in Oracle • Methods used to acquire locks • Possible causes of contention • Deadlocks • Prevent locking problems • Detect lock contention • Resolve conflicts in an emergency
Proactive Database Maintenance
• Self Monitoring Architecture • Automatic Workload Repository • Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring • Monitor an Oracle database • Use the Advisors • Set up notification rules
• Tuning information sources • Identify unusable objects • Optimizer Statistics collection • Automated statistics collection • Performance metrics • Use the advisors • React to performance issues
Backup and Recovery Considerations
• Oracle Backup solutions • Overview of Oracle Secure Backup • Oracle Suggested Backup Strategy • Database backup, restore and recover • Types of failure • Tune instance recovery • Checkpoints, redo log files and archive log files • Alter the ARCHIVELOG mode of a database • Configure a database for recoverability
• Types of RMAN backup • Backup sets and image copies • Perform backups using EM • Automate database backups • Configure backup settings • Catalog settings • Monitor the flash recovery area • Manage backups
• Restore and recovery operations • Recover an entire database from backup • Recover from the loss of a system critical data file • Recover from the loss of a control file • Recover from the loss of a redo log file • Data Recovery Advisor
Enhance The Capabilities of The Database
• Enterprise Manager Support Workbench • Register for security updates • Work with Oracle support • Log Service Requests • Manage patches
This course covers the main topics of the Oracle exam #1Z0-052 Oracle Database 11g: Administration I.
Follow On Courses
Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA - Part II
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training in Oracle Database 11G DBA will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Oracle DBA wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Database 11g DBA Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Database 11g DBA Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your certification course in Oracle DBA as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house classes for Oracle Database 11G DBA, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle DBA certification training course UK from Activia