Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Oracle® DBA Training Courses from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® DBA Training Courses From Activia
Oracle® Database 11g Release 2 DBA Backup & Recovery with RMAN
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA Backup & Recovery with RMAN course is designed to provide the skills needed to plan and implement backup and recovery strategies for Oracle Database 10g or Oracle Database 11g Release 1 and Release 2 databases using RMAN and Flashback.br> Delegates will learn how to plan and implement a backup and recovery strategy using Recovery Manager. They will perform backup and recovery operations using RMAN and Enterprise Manager. They will also use Flashback features to recover from human error.
Who Should Attend
The Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA Backup & Recovery with RMAN course is designed for database administrators, data warehouse administrators and technical support staff who are required to plan and implement database backup and recovery strategies for Oracle Database 10g or Oracle Database 11g Release 1 and Release 2 databases.
Backup and Recovery Considerations
• Plan and Implement a Backup and Recovery Strategy • Define a Disaster Recovery Plan • Test a Backup and Recovery Plan • Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Backup Methods • Data Recovery Strategy • Backup Strategy • Validate the Recovery Strategy
Oracle Recovery Structures and Processes
• Architectural Components of Backup and Restore • Redo logs, Checkpoints and Archives • Multiplexing Control files and Redo Logs • Types of Failure in an Oracle Database • Flash Recovery Area
Using Archivelog and Noarchivelog Modes
• The Archive Modes of a Database • Configure a Database in Archivelog Mode • Configure a Database in Noarchivelog Mode • Configure Multiple Redo Log Archive Processes • Configure Multiple Archival Destinations
• Configure and Use Flashback Database • Monitor Flashback Database • Flash Recovery Area Space Usage • Flashback Query • Retrieve Row History with Flashback Versions Query • Audit or Recover From Transactions with Flashback Transactions Query • Flashback Table • Recover Dropped Tables with Flashback Drop • The Recycle Bin • Recover Tables to a Point In Time With Flashback Table • Flashback Database • Flashback Restore Points • Flashback Transaction Backout • Oracle Total Recall
Recovery Manager Overview
• RMAN Features and Components • Connect to RMAN • Start Up and Shut Down a Target Database Using RMAN
Create and Configure a Recovery Catalog
• Create a Recovery Catalog • Register a Database • Unregister a Database • Control File Information • RESYNC CATALOG Command • Virtual Private Catalogs • Merge Catalogs • Backup a Recovery Catalog • Use a Flashback Recovery Area • Configure Persistent RMAN Settings • Set Retention Policies • Configure Control File Autobackups
Backup with Rman
• Channel Allocation • Types of RMAN Backup • Backup Commands • Backup Sets Parallelization • Compressed Backups • Performing Backups • Full Closed and Open Backups • Incremental and Cumulative Backups • The Copy Command • Block Change Tracking • Backup Validate • Troubleshooting
Maintain a Recovery Catalog
• Reset Command • Change the Availability Status of Backups and Copies • Catalog Backups Made with Operating System Commands • Generate Reports and Lists • Cross Check Backups and Copies • Delete Backups • Update the Repository after Backup Deletion • Drop Database and Archival Backups • Use Data Dictionary Tables
Restore and Recover with Rman
• Perform Recovery in Noarchivelog Mode • Perform Complete Recovery in Archivelog Mode • Perform Incomplete Recovery • Use the Flash Recovery Area for Fast Recovery • Restore and Recover a tablespace • Automatic Tempfile Recovery • Restore and Recover Datafiles • Recover a Datafile Not Backed Up • Restore the Server Parameter File • Restore the Control File from Auto-Backup • Restore and Recover the Database on a New Host
Create a Duplicate Database with RMAN
• Database Duplication • Duplication Options • Create Files for the Duplicate Database • Prepare the Auxiliary Instance for Duplication • Create a Duplicate Database • Create a Duplicate Database with Enterprise Manager • Clone a Running Database • Use EM to Clone a Running Database • Targetless Duplication of a Database
Monitor, Tune and Troubleshoot Backup and Recovery
• Tune recovery Manager Overview • Tune RMAN Backup Performance • Instance Recovery Performance Tuning • Understand RMAN Output Messages • Troubleshoot RMAN • Appendix: OVERVIEW OF ORACLE SECURE BACKUP • Oracle Secure Backup Overview • Oracle Secure Backup Product Family • Encrypted Backups • Oracle Secure Backup Interfaces • Oracle Secure Backup Web Tool • Oracle Secure Backup Command Line Tool • Oracle Enterprise Manager and Grid Control • Recovery Manager Command Line Interface • Media Management Expiration Policies • Domain Security • Overview of Backup to Amazon Simple Storage Service using OSB Cloud Computing
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training in Oracle Database 11G DBA will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Oracle DBA wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Database 11g DBA Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Database 11g DBA Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your certification course in Oracle DBA as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house classes for Oracle Database 11G DBA, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle DBA certification training course UK from Activia