Oracle® Dba Training Courses
Oracle® Database 11g Release 2 DBA Backup & Recovery with RMAN
A Three-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA Backup & Recovery with RMAN course is designed to provide the skills needed to plan and implement backup and recovery strategies for Oracle Database 10g or Oracle Database 11g Release 1 and Release 2 databases using RMAN and Flashback.br> Delegates will learn how to plan and implement a backup and recovery strategy using Recovery Manager. They will perform backup and recovery operations using RMAN and Enterprise Manager. They will also use Flashback features to recover from human error.
Who Should Attend
The Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA Backup & Recovery with RMAN course is designed for database administrators, data warehouse administrators and technical support staff who are required to plan and implement database backup and recovery strategies for Oracle Database 10g or Oracle Database 11g Release 1 and Release 2 databases.
Backup and Recovery Considerations
• Plan and Implement a Backup and Recovery Strategy • Define a Disaster Recovery Plan • Test a Backup and Recovery Plan • Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Backup Methods • Data Recovery Strategy • Backup Strategy • Validate the Recovery Strategy
Oracle Recovery Structures and Processes
• Architectural Components of Backup and Restore • Redo logs, Checkpoints and Archives • Multiplexing Control files and Redo Logs • Types of Failure in an Oracle Database • Flash Recovery Area
Using Archivelog and Noarchivelog Modes
• The Archive Modes of a Database • Configure a Database in Archivelog Mode • Configure a Database in Noarchivelog Mode • Configure Multiple Redo Log Archive Processes • Configure Multiple Archival Destinations
• Configure and Use Flashback Database • Monitor Flashback Database • Flash Recovery Area Space Usage • Flashback Query • Retrieve Row History with Flashback Versions Query • Audit or Recover From Transactions with Flashback Transactions Query • Flashback Table • Recover Dropped Tables with Flashback Drop • The Recycle Bin • Recover Tables to a Point In Time With Flashback Table • Flashback Database • Flashback Restore Points • Flashback Transaction Backout • Oracle Total Recall
Recovery Manager Overview
• RMAN Features and Components • Connect to RMAN • Start Up and Shut Down a Target Database Using RMAN
Create and Configure a Recovery Catalog
• Create a Recovery Catalog • Register a Database • Unregister a Database • Control File Information • RESYNC CATALOG Command • Virtual Private Catalogs • Merge Catalogs • Backup a Recovery Catalog • Use a Flashback Recovery Area • Configure Persistent RMAN Settings • Set Retention Policies • Configure Control File Autobackups
Backup with Rman
• Channel Allocation • Types of RMAN Backup • Backup Commands • Backup Sets Parallelization • Compressed Backups • Performing Backups • Full Closed and Open Backups • Incremental and Cumulative Backups • The Copy Command • Block Change Tracking • Backup Validate • Troubleshooting
Maintain a Recovery Catalog
• Reset Command • Change the Availability Status of Backups and Copies • Catalog Backups Made with Operating System Commands • Generate Reports and Lists • Cross Check Backups and Copies • Delete Backups • Update the Repository after Backup Deletion • Drop Database and Archival Backups • Use Data Dictionary Tables
Restore and Recover with Rman
• Perform Recovery in Noarchivelog Mode • Perform Complete Recovery in Archivelog Mode • Perform Incomplete Recovery • Use the Flash Recovery Area for Fast Recovery • Restore and Recover a tablespace • Automatic Tempfile Recovery • Restore and Recover Datafiles • Recover a Datafile Not Backed Up • Restore the Server Parameter File • Restore the Control File from Auto-Backup • Restore and Recover the Database on a New Host
Create a Duplicate Database with RMAN
• Database Duplication • Duplication Options • Create Files for the Duplicate Database • Prepare the Auxiliary Instance for Duplication • Create a Duplicate Database • Create a Duplicate Database with Enterprise Manager • Clone a Running Database • Use EM to Clone a Running Database • Targetless Duplication of a Database
Monitor, Tune and Troubleshoot Backup and Recovery
• Tune recovery Manager Overview • Tune RMAN Backup Performance • Instance Recovery Performance Tuning • Understand RMAN Output Messages • Troubleshoot RMAN • Appendix: OVERVIEW OF ORACLE SECURE BACKUP • Oracle Secure Backup Overview • Oracle Secure Backup Product Family • Encrypted Backups • Oracle Secure Backup Interfaces • Oracle Secure Backup Web Tool • Oracle Secure Backup Command Line Tool • Oracle Enterprise Manager and Grid Control • Recovery Manager Command Line Interface • Media Management Expiration Policies • Domain Security • Overview of Backup to Amazon Simple Storage Service using OSB Cloud Computing
Follow On Courses
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Oracle DBA in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Oracle® Database 11g Dba Training.
If you are looking for certification course in Oracle DBA, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Oracle® Dba Training Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training in Oracle Database 11G DBA, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for classes for Oracle Database 11G DBA, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Oracle® Database 11g Dba Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Oracle® Database 11g Dba Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as seventeen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training courses for Oracle DBA will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training in Oracle Database 11G DBA, you need look no further than Activia.