Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Developer Training Courses From Activia
Oracle® Forms - Part I
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
The Oracle Forms - Part I course is designed to provide the skills needed to design, develop and deploy end-user Oracle Form applications which interact with an Oracle Relational Database.
Who Should Attend
Programmers and other software development personnel who need to write Oracle Form applications which interface with an Oracle database and run on the web.
• What is Oracle Forms? • Oracle Form Builder Components • Application Code Partitioning • Exercise: Preparing to Work with Oracle Forms
• Creating an Oracle Form • Running an Oracle Form • The Runtime Interface • Performing Queries • Updating Records • Exercise: Creating and Running an Oracle Form
The Form Builder Interface
• The Main Menu • The Object Navigator • Basic Components of a Form • Property Palettes • The PL/SQL Editor • The Layout Editor • Exercise: Using Oracle Form Builder Tools
Building a Form
• Basic Steps in Development • Creating a Data Block • Customising the Layout • Setting Properties For Data Blocks and Items • Adding Trigger Code • Running the Oracle Form • Exercise: Building a Simple Oracle Form • Exercise: Building a Master-Detail Oracle Form
• What is Navigation? • Navigational Triggers • Item and Block Validation • Commit Form Triggers • Query Triggers • Trigger Types and Scope • Trigger Code • Global, System and Bind Variables • Handling Errors • Exercise: Implementing Navigational Triggers • Exercise: Implementing Commit-time Triggers • Exercise: Implementing Query Triggers
Introducing Standard Built-Ins
• Unrestricted Built-in Procedures and Functions • Restricted Built-in Procedures • Calling Built-ins • Getting and Setting Properties at Runtime • Using Internal Object IDs • Error Handling • Exercises: Enhancing Oracle Form Applications using Built-ins
More Interface Objects
• Basic Controls - Text and Display Items • Iconic Push-buttons • Check Boxes and Radio Groups • List Items • Image Items • Alerts • Editors • Record Groups and LOVs • Hierarchical Trees • Exercises: Creating Additional Interface Items
• Oracle Form Module Program Units • PL/SQL Libraries • Database Procedures • Exercise: Using PL/SQL Libraries • Exercise: Using Database Procedures
Canvases and Windows
• Content Canvases • Stacked Canvases • Toolbar Canvases • Tab Canvases • Handling Windows • Exercise: Generating Canvases and Toolbars • Exercise: Handling Multi-Window Applications
• Visual Attributes • Property Classes • Copying Objects • Subclassing • Object Groups • Object Libraries • Exercise: Creating and Using a Property Class • Exercise: Creating and Using an Object Library
Introduction to Calling Other Forms
• Built-in Procedures • Methods for Calling other Oracle Forms • Exercise: Calling one Oracle Form from Another
• Exercise: Interfacing with an Oracle Report • Running in Debug Mode • Creating Break Points • Monitoring Application Data
Oracle Forms Services
• Overview • Oracle Forms Compatibility Issues • Architecture and Components of the Oracle Forms Client
• Preparation • Default Deployment • Using runform.htm for Testing • Generating URLs • Default Configuration Files • Exercise: Test an Oracle Form using runform.htm • Exercise: Create a URL to Deploy and Test an Oracle Form
Configuring Forms Services
• The formsweb.cfg Configuration File • System and Runform Parameters • Forms Applet and HTML Tag Parameters • Archive Parameters • Creating Application-specific Configurations • Renaming and Relocating formsweb.cfg • Customising the base HTML Files • Exercise: Create Application-specific Configurations • Exercise: Create a Custom Configuration File
Dealing With Icons and Images
• Boilerplate and HTML Images • Forms Icons and Images • Images Loaded at Runtime • Other Images • SplashScreen, Background and Logo Images • Using jar Files • Exercise: Deploy a Variety of Icons and Images • Exercise: Create and Use a jar File
Other Configuration Issues
• Icons in Form Builder • The Environment File default.env • The Registry File registry.dat • Font Mappings • The web.xml and forms90.conf Config Files • Notes on Configuring for SSO • JInitiator • Exercise: Configure registry.dat and default.env • Exercise: Configure web.xml and forms90.conf
• Built-in Optimisation Features • Using and Customising JInitiator • Improving Performance • Exercise: Implement Features to improve Performance
Together with the Oracle Forms - Part II course, the Oracle Forms - Part I course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the Oracle PL/SQL Developer OCA examination #1Z0-141: Oracle Forms: Build Internet Applications.
Follow On Courses
Oracle® Developer Training Courses from ActiviaWe can provide training courses in Oracle Developer at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification course for Oracle Developer.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.