Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
Oracle® Financials Training Courses From Activia
Oracle® R12 General Ledger
A Two-Day Training Course
This intensive, hands-on two-day training course covers all the key areas of end user functionality provided in Oracle General Ledger. Routine tasks are all covered within the syllabus, with extensive opportunities for delegates to practice as the course progresses.
Who Should Attend
This Oracle R12 General Ledger course is suitable for delegates who have no previous knowledge of Oracle Financials. It incorporates navigation skills training and thus fulfils a pre-requisite for most of the other Oracle Financials courses. Its intended audience comprises finance staff, those who provide support to them such as Systems Administrators and those whose role includes some financial or budgetary responsibility which requires them to use Oracle Financials.
• Oracle General Ledger - Keywords and Concepts • Transactions • Balances • Overview of the General Ledger • New Features in Release 12 • Chart of Accounts • Accounts and Periods • Ledgers and Ledger Sets
• Accounting Periods • Accounting Calendars • Posting Account Balances • Oracle General Ledger Features
Account Flexfield Design
• Key Flexfield Overview • Account Code Combinations Review High-Level Invoice Information
• Login and Logout of Oracle • The Navigator Functions Tab • The Navigator Top Ten List • The Navigator Documents Tab • The Navigator Processes Tab • Oracle Window Features and Terminology • Oracle Form Features and Terminology • Flexfields • Icons • Enter and Find Data • Attachments • Folders • Profile Options • Oracle Help
General Ledger Inquiries
• General Ledger Inquiries • Funds Available Inquiries • Inquiring on Actuals • Inquiring on Encumbrances • Inquiring on Budgets
• Create a Manual Journal • Create a Statistical Journal • Create a Mixed Journal • Create a Reverse Journal • Generate a Reverse Journal • Find and Amend a Journal • Post a Journal Batch • Create a Fixed Recurring Journal Template • Generate a Recurring Journal Template • Create a Formula Recurring Journal Template • Journal Reconciliation
• Use the Journal Wizard to enter and upload a journal • Use the Budget Wizard to enter and upload budgets • Use the Currency Rates Manager to enter and upload exchange rate information
• Set up Journal Reconciliation • Reconcile Journals • Run Reconciliation Reports • Reversal of Reconciliation process
Month And Year End Process Overview
• Month and Year End Process Overview • Oracle Data Flow Across Ledgers • Steps for General Ledger Month and Year End
Overview Of Reporting Tools
• Overview • Oracle General Ledger StandardReports • Report Categories • Financial Statement Generator • Oracle Financial Analyzer • Oracle Discoverer • RXi Reports Administration Tool • Oracle Reports • SQL * Plus Reports • Comparison of Reporting Tools
Standard General Ledger Reports
• Concurrent Manager • Concurrent Processing Definitions • Useful Standard Reports • Submit Request Flow • Run a Standard General Ledger Report • Scheduling Options • Completion Options • View Requests
The Financial Statement Generator
• Introduction to FSG Reporting • FSG Components • Plan an FSG Report • Sets • Predefined Row and Column Sets • Define Row and Column Sets • Generate an Ad Hoc FSG Report • Define Row Sets • Define Column Sets • Define an FSG Report • Run an FSG Report • Use a Content Set
Reporting With Report Manager
• Overview of Report Manager • Report Manager structure and access • Publish a report to Reports Repository • View a report in Reports Repository • Publish a report from eBusiness homepage • Analyse a financial report with Report Manager
General Ledger User Exercises
• Run a Trial Balance Summary Report • Inquire on Account - Actual Amounts • Inquire on Account - Actual v Budget Amounts • Inquire on Journals • Enter a Journal - (standard and via Journal Wizard) • Post Journals • Enter Journal Batches • Reverse an Existing Journal • Post the Reversal • Define Recurring Journals • Generate a Recurring Journal • Create a Folder Definition • Run Standard Reports
• Define a Row Set • Define a Column Set • Define an FSG Report • Run an FSG Report • View Report Requests • Define a Content Set • Define Display Groups and Display Sets • Define a Row Order
Report Manager Exercises
• Publish a report from a form function • Analyse Report Output • Export Analysis to MS Excel • View a Report from Repository Management
Follow On Course
We can provide training courses for Oracle Financials at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with certification training in Oracle Financials.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.