Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Management Skills Management training
Skills for Management
Managing Staff Managing Staff
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
100 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Click to see the UK coverage of Oracle® Financials Training Courses from Activia
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
Oracle® Financials Training Courses From Activia
Oracle® R12 General Ledger
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
This intensive, hands-on two-day training course covers all the key areas of end user functionality provided in Oracle General Ledger. Routine tasks are all covered within the syllabus, with extensive opportunities for delegates to practice as the course progresses.
Who Should Attend
This Oracle R12 General Ledger course is suitable for delegates who have no previous knowledge of Oracle Financials. It incorporates navigation skills training and thus fulfils a pre-requisite for most of the other Oracle Financials courses. Its intended audience comprises finance staff, those who provide support to them such as Systems Administrators and those whose role includes some financial or budgetary responsibility which requires them to use Oracle Financials.
• Oracle General Ledger - Keywords and Concepts • Transactions • Balances • Overview of the General Ledger • New Features in Release 12 • Chart of Accounts • Accounts and Periods • Ledgers and Ledger Sets
• Accounting Periods • Accounting Calendars • Posting Account Balances • Oracle General Ledger Features
Account Flexfield Design
• Key Flexfield Overview • Account Code Combinations Review High-Level Invoice Information
• Login and Logout of Oracle • The Navigator Functions Tab • The Navigator Top Ten List • The Navigator Documents Tab • The Navigator Processes Tab • Oracle Window Features and Terminology • Oracle Form Features and Terminology • Flexfields • Icons • Enter and Find Data • Attachments • Folders • Profile Options • Oracle Help
General Ledger Inquiries
• General Ledger Inquiries • Funds Available Inquiries • Inquiring on Actuals • Inquiring on Encumbrances • Inquiring on Budgets
• Create a Manual Journal • Create a Statistical Journal • Create a Mixed Journal • Create a Reverse Journal • Generate a Reverse Journal • Find and Amend a Journal • Post a Journal Batch • Create a Fixed Recurring Journal Template • Generate a Recurring Journal Template • Create a Formula Recurring Journal Template • Journal Reconciliation
• Use the Journal Wizard to enter and upload a journal • Use the Budget Wizard to enter and upload budgets • Use the Currency Rates Manager to enter and upload exchange rate information
• Set up Journal Reconciliation • Reconcile Journals • Run Reconciliation Reports • Reversal of Reconciliation process
Month And Year End Process Overview
• Month and Year End Process Overview • Oracle Data Flow Across Ledgers • Steps for General Ledger Month and Year End
Overview Of Reporting Tools
• Overview • Oracle General Ledger StandardReports • Report Categories • Financial Statement Generator • Oracle Financial Analyzer • Oracle Discoverer • RXi Reports Administration Tool • Oracle Reports • SQL * Plus Reports • Comparison of Reporting Tools
Standard General Ledger Reports
• Concurrent Manager • Concurrent Processing Definitions • Useful Standard Reports • Submit Request Flow • Run a Standard General Ledger Report • Scheduling Options • Completion Options • View Requests
The Financial Statement Generator
• Introduction to FSG Reporting • FSG Components • Plan an FSG Report • Sets • Predefined Row and Column Sets • Define Row and Column Sets • Generate an Ad Hoc FSG Report • Define Row Sets • Define Column Sets • Define an FSG Report • Run an FSG Report • Use a Content Set
Reporting With Report Manager
• Overview of Report Manager • Report Manager structure and access • Publish a report to Reports Repository • View a report in Reports Repository • Publish a report from eBusiness homepage • Analyse a financial report with Report Manager
General Ledger User Exercises
• Run a Trial Balance Summary Report • Inquire on Account - Actual Amounts • Inquire on Account - Actual v Budget Amounts • Inquire on Journals • Enter a Journal - (standard and via Journal Wizard) • Post Journals • Enter Journal Batches • Reverse an Existing Journal • Post the Reversal • Define Recurring Journals • Generate a Recurring Journal • Create a Folder Definition • Run Standard Reports
• Define a Row Set • Define a Column Set • Define an FSG Report • Run an FSG Report • View Report Requests • Define a Content Set • Define Display Groups and Display Sets • Define a Row Order
Report Manager Exercises
• Publish a report from a form function • Analyse Report Output • Export Analysis to MS Excel • View a Report from Repository Management
Follow On Course
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your training for Oracle Financials R12 will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Oracle Financials wherever you are in the UK.
We provide Oracle® Financials R12 Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of Oracle® Financials R12 Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your certification training in Oracle Financials as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house learning Oracle Financials R12, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about Oracle Financials certification training UK from Activia