Oracle® Financials Training Courses
Oracle® R12 General Ledger
A Two-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
This intensive, hands-on two-day training course covers all the key areas of end user functionality provided in Oracle General Ledger. Routine tasks are all covered within the syllabus, with extensive opportunities for delegates to practice as the course progresses.
Who Should Attend
This Oracle R12 General Ledger course is suitable for delegates who have no previous knowledge of Oracle Financials. It incorporates navigation skills training and thus fulfils a pre-requisite for most of the other Oracle Financials courses. Its intended audience comprises finance staff, those who provide support to them such as Systems Administrators and those whose role includes some financial or budgetary responsibility which requires them to use Oracle Financials.
• Oracle General Ledger - Keywords and Concepts • Transactions • Balances • Overview of the General Ledger • New Features in Release 12 • Chart of Accounts • Accounts and Periods • Ledgers and Ledger Sets
• Accounting Periods • Accounting Calendars • Posting Account Balances • Oracle General Ledger Features
Account Flexfield Design
• Key Flexfield Overview • Account Code Combinations Review High-Level Invoice Information
• Login and Logout of Oracle • The Navigator Functions Tab • The Navigator Top Ten List • The Navigator Documents Tab • The Navigator Processes Tab • Oracle Window Features and Terminology • Oracle Form Features and Terminology • Flexfields • Icons • Enter and Find Data • Attachments • Folders • Profile Options • Oracle Help
General Ledger Inquiries
• General Ledger Inquiries • Funds Available Inquiries • Inquiring on Actuals • Inquiring on Encumbrances • Inquiring on Budgets
• Create a Manual Journal • Create a Statistical Journal • Create a Mixed Journal • Create a Reverse Journal • Generate a Reverse Journal • Find and Amend a Journal • Post a Journal Batch • Create a Fixed Recurring Journal Template • Generate a Recurring Journal Template • Create a Formula Recurring Journal Template • Journal Reconciliation
• Use the Journal Wizard to enter and upload a journal • Use the Budget Wizard to enter and upload budgets • Use the Currency Rates Manager to enter and upload exchange rate information
• Set up Journal Reconciliation • Reconcile Journals • Run Reconciliation Reports • Reversal of Reconciliation process
Month And Year End Process Overview
• Month and Year End Process Overview • Oracle Data Flow Across Ledgers • Steps for General Ledger Month and Year End
Overview Of Reporting Tools
• Overview • Oracle General Ledger StandardReports • Report Categories • Financial Statement Generator • Oracle Financial Analyzer • Oracle Discoverer • RXi Reports Administration Tool • Oracle Reports • SQL * Plus Reports • Comparison of Reporting Tools
Standard General Ledger Reports
• Concurrent Manager • Concurrent Processing Definitions • Useful Standard Reports • Submit Request Flow • Run a Standard General Ledger Report • Scheduling Options • Completion Options • View Requests
The Financial Statement Generator
• Introduction to FSG Reporting • FSG Components • Plan an FSG Report • Sets • Predefined Row and Column Sets • Define Row and Column Sets • Generate an Ad Hoc FSG Report • Define Row Sets • Define Column Sets • Define an FSG Report • Run an FSG Report • Use a Content Set
Reporting With Report Manager
• Overview of Report Manager • Report Manager structure and access • Publish a report to Reports Repository • View a report in Reports Repository • Publish a report from eBusiness homepage • Analyse a financial report with Report Manager
General Ledger User Exercises
• Run a Trial Balance Summary Report • Inquire on Account - Actual Amounts • Inquire on Account - Actual v Budget Amounts • Inquire on Journals • Enter a Journal - (standard and via Journal Wizard) • Post Journals • Enter Journal Batches • Reverse an Existing Journal • Post the Reversal • Define Recurring Journals • Generate a Recurring Journal • Create a Folder Definition • Run Standard Reports
• Define a Row Set • Define a Column Set • Define an FSG Report • Run an FSG Report • View Report Requests • Define a Content Set • Define Display Groups and Display Sets • Define a Row Order
Report Manager Exercises
• Publish a report from a form function • Analyse Report Output • Export Analysis to MS Excel • View a Report from Repository Management
Follow On Course
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for training courses for Oracle Financials in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for Oracle® Financials R12 Training.
If you are looking for certification training in Oracle Financials, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day Oracle® Financials Training Courses at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is training for Oracle Financials R12, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for learning Oracle Financials R12, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide Oracle® Financials R12 Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of Oracle® Financials R12 Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your training courses for Oracle Financials will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house training for Oracle Financials R12, you need look no further than Activia.