Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Quick links to our most popular courses:
Skills for Management
Your Place or Ours?
Training at Your OfficesLots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for software training, we can provide.
To see how it works, visit the Onsite Training page.
Activia CentresClick on a location name to go to the page with more information, schedules and a link to directions.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW Liverpool Street
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX Baker Street
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ North London
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ London Victoria
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Quick LinksHere are quick links to the most popular pages.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Quick LinksHere are some quick links to some of our most popular pages.
Quickly locate the course or subject area of interest, and click through for full information on content, prices and dates.
TAKE OUR CHALLENGE!
Get a great price for the course you need in just two minutes!
Check your skill level online, and be sure to get trained at your level.
Build a course which includes just the modules you want, to match the content exactly to your needs.
VMware Training Courses From Activia
VMware vSphere V5.1: Install; Configure; Manage
A Five-Day Training Course
Authorised Training Course
This is an authorised training course, delivered by certified trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, and to ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server. The course is based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
Who Should Attend
• Introductions and course logistics • Course objectives
Introduction to VMware Virtualisation
• Introduce virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components • Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization • Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture • Install and use vSphere user interface
• Introduce virtual machines; virtual machine hardware and virtual machine files • Deploy a single virtual machine and virtual machine appliance
VMware vCenter Server
• Identify vCenter Server and database requirements • Describe vCenter Server architecture • Deploy a vCenter Server appliance • View and create vCenter Server inventory objects
Configure and Manage Virtual Networks
• Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch • Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
Configure and Manage vSphere Storage
• Configure ESXi with iSCSI; NFS, and Fibre Channel storage • Create and manage vSphere datastores • Configure, deploy, and manage the VMware Virtual Storage Appliance
Virtual Machine Management
• Deploy virtual machines using templates; cloning, and VMware vCenter Converter™ • Modify and manage virtual machines • Create and manage virtual machine snapshots • Perform VMware vMotion® and Storage vMotion migrations
Access and Authentication Control
• Control user access through roles and permissions • Configure and manage the ESXi firewall • Integrate ESXi with Active Directory • Introduce vShield Zones
Resource Management and Monitoring
• Control virtual machine access to CPU; memory, and I/O resources • Introduce VMkernel methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage • Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
• Discuss strategies for backing up ESXi hosts • Introduce the backup/recovery APIs • Discuss strategies for backing up virtual machines
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster • Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster • Configuring Enhanced vMotion Compatibility • Using VMware HA and DRS together
• Manage ESXi patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager
Installing VMware vSphere 5 Components
• Introduce ESXi Installable installation • Introduce vCenter Server installation • Additional vCenter Server module installation
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
We can provide UK wide training for VMware certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with accredited VMware training throughout the UK.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.