0845 230 6150
0845 230 6159
VMware Certification UK From Activia
VMware vSphere V5.1: Install; Configure; Manage
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Training Course
This is an authorised training course, delivered by certified trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, and to ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server. The course is based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
Who Should Attend
• Introductions and course logistics • Course objectives
Introduction to VMware Virtualisation
• Introduce virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components • Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization • Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture • Install and use vSphere user interface
• Introduce virtual machines; virtual machine hardware and virtual machine files • Deploy a single virtual machine and virtual machine appliance
VMware vCenter Server
• Identify vCenter Server and database requirements • Describe vCenter Server architecture • Deploy a vCenter Server appliance • View and create vCenter Server inventory objects
Configure and Manage Virtual Networks
• Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch • Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
Configure and Manage vSphere Storage
• Configure ESXi with iSCSI; NFS, and Fibre Channel storage • Create and manage vSphere datastores • Configure, deploy, and manage the VMware Virtual Storage Appliance
Virtual Machine Management
• Deploy virtual machines using templates; cloning, and VMware vCenter Converter™ • Modify and manage virtual machines • Create and manage virtual machine snapshots • Perform VMware vMotion® and Storage vMotion migrations
Access and Authentication Control
• Control user access through roles and permissions • Configure and manage the ESXi firewall • Integrate ESXi with Active Directory • Introduce vShield Zones
Resource Management and Monitoring
• Control virtual machine access to CPU; memory, and I/O resources • Introduce VMkernel methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage • Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
• Discuss strategies for backing up ESXi hosts • Introduce the backup/recovery APIs • Discuss strategies for backing up virtual machines
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster • Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster • Configuring Enhanced vMotion Compatibility • Using VMware HA and DRS together
• Manage ESXi patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager
Installing VMware vSphere 5 Components
• Introduce ESXi Installable installation • Introduce vCenter Server installation • Additional vCenter Server module installation
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
With our quality accreditations for ISO9001, IITT, ILM and the ILP, and a uniquely flexible service, you can be sure that your quality training for certification in VMware will get the results you need, at the prices you want.
With seventeen fully equipped training centres , Activia should be your first choice for UK wide training for VMware certification wherever you are in the UK.
We provide VMware Certification Training courses in the following locations:
For in house delivery of VMware Certification Training, you can expect the same standard of training and service for your accredited VMware training throughout the UK as you get at our centres, conveniently delivered at your offices.
To book your in-house quality courses for VMware, you need look no further than Activia.
Click for more about vmware certification training uk wide from Activia