Bookings and Enquiries: 0845 230 6150
Customer Service: 0845 230 6159
We're here to help! Click for a FREE CALLBACK
Training Courses from Activia
We have hundreds of courses for every business:
find out more by clicking on a course subject below,
or by visiting our Full Course Finder.
Skills for Management
Activia Training Locations
We have seventeen centres across the UK.
Find out more by clicking on a location below,
or by visiting our main Locations Page.
Our Place or Yours? Training at Your Offices
Lots of our clients prefer us to come to them because it's easier to organise, and usually much more cost effective.
All you need is a training room, boardroom or suitable spare office. If you need laptops for a software course, we can provide them.
To see how little it can cost, click on the Prices & Dates tab at the top of this page, or locate the course using the Course Finder tab.
27-28 Clements Lane, London, EC4N 7AE
46-48 East Smithfield, London, E1W 1AW
133 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BX
93-95 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 6JQ
1 Ballards Lane, Finchley, London, N3 1LQ
City Hall, Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
1 Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BD
Two King Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AS
53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
47 Park Square East, Leeds, LS1 2NL
84 Queen Street, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S1 2DW
12 Mosley Street, Newcastle, NE1 1DE
Prices and Dates
Want to check on how much a course will cost,
and when public classes are scheduled?
Visit our Prices and Dates page to find out.
See prices for public (open) classes, private (closed) classes, and onsite training, where we come to your offices.
View the latest special offers, and how you can get Early Bird pricing for advance bookings.
For multiple and ongoing bookings, we have Multi Day Tickets and the
Training Days Scheme.
And under our Price Promise, we'll match any like-for-like quote.
Use our schedules, along with pricing, to help you to plan ahead.
We generally schedule three months in advance, but if you need a later date, ask us and we'll get back to you.
• View by course to see dates for any course at all locations .
• View by location to see dates at any location for all courses.
All schedules have details of the discounts available, and you can view details of the course outlines by clicking the red (i) link next to each course name.
Although we have great coverage of courses and locations,
(we can come to you, too), and very competitive pricing,
there's much more to what we do and how we work.
Why Activia? See why we believe that you won't find better value.
Quality Assurance The ethos that drives us.
History Did you know we've been around since 1995?
Types of Training
In addition to public/private/in-house training, we tailor course content free of charge, arrange ILM awards, and organise courses for technical certification.
News and Blog
Keep up to date with the News Centre and find articles of interest in our Blog.
Find the relevant numbers to call, and the quick forms to fill out, depending on your needs.
Free Online Cloud Tools
Skills Appraisal Check your skill level in a couple of minutes.
Course Creator Build a course which includes just the modules you want.
Forum Ask any question on the training you"ve had.
We don't just deliver training courses. We can provide you with help on organising training programmes and managing the whole process.
According to whether you are a small, medium or large business or a private individual, you will organise your training in different ways.
Trade Mark Acknowledgements and Terms and Conditions
VMware Training Courses From Activia
VMware vSphere V5.1: Install; Configure; Manage
A Five-Day Training Course
Authorised Training Course
This is an authorised training course, delivered by certified trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, and to ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server. The course is based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
Who Should Attend
• Introductions and course logistics • Course objectives
Introduction to VMware Virtualisation
• Introduce virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components • Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization • Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture • Install and use vSphere user interface
• Introduce virtual machines; virtual machine hardware and virtual machine files • Deploy a single virtual machine and virtual machine appliance
VMware vCenter Server
• Identify vCenter Server and database requirements • Describe vCenter Server architecture • Deploy a vCenter Server appliance • View and create vCenter Server inventory objects
Configure and Manage Virtual Networks
• Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch • Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
Configure and Manage vSphere Storage
• Configure ESXi with iSCSI; NFS, and Fibre Channel storage • Create and manage vSphere datastores • Configure, deploy, and manage the VMware Virtual Storage Appliance
Virtual Machine Management
• Deploy virtual machines using templates; cloning, and VMware vCenter Converter™ • Modify and manage virtual machines • Create and manage virtual machine snapshots • Perform VMware vMotion® and Storage vMotion migrations
Access and Authentication Control
• Control user access through roles and permissions • Configure and manage the ESXi firewall • Integrate ESXi with Active Directory • Introduce vShield Zones
Resource Management and Monitoring
• Control virtual machine access to CPU; memory, and I/O resources • Introduce VMkernel methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage • Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
• Discuss strategies for backing up ESXi hosts • Introduce the backup/recovery APIs • Discuss strategies for backing up virtual machines
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster • Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster • Configuring Enhanced vMotion Compatibility • Using VMware HA and DRS together
• Manage ESXi patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager
Installing VMware vSphere 5 Components
• Introduce ESXi Installable installation • Introduce vCenter Server installation • Additional vCenter Server module installation
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
VMware Training Courses from ActiviaWe can provide UK wide training for VMware certification at any of our seventeen centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been training since 1995 with a philosophy of high quality, flexible and cost effective provision, so you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give all you need with accredited VMware training throughout the UK.
Call us now on 0845 230 6150 or request a free callback.