VMware Certification UK
VMware vSphere V5: Install; Configure; Manage
A Five-Day Training Course
Your training is easier with Activia because we have:
Authorised Training Course
This is an authorised training course, delivered by certified trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, and to ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server. The course is based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
Who Should Attend
• Introductions and course logistics • Course objectives
Introduction to VMware Virtualisation
• Introduce virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components • Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization • Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture • Install and use vSphere user interface
• Introduce virtual machines; virtual machine hardware and virtual machine files • Deploy a single virtual machine and virtual machine appliance
VMware vCenter Server
• Identify vCenter Server and database requirements • Describe vCenter Server architecture • Deploy a vCenter Server appliance • View and create vCenter Server inventory objects
Configure and Manage Virtual Networks
• Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch • Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
Configure and Manage vSphere Storage
• Configure ESXi with iSCSI; NFS, and Fibre Channel storage • Create and manage vSphere datastores • Configure, deploy, and manage the VMware Virtual Storage Appliance
Virtual Machine Management
• Deploy virtual machines using templates; cloning, and VMware vCenter Converter™ • Modify and manage virtual machines • Create and manage virtual machine snapshots • Perform VMware vMotion® and Storage vMotion migrations
Access and Authentication Control
• Control user access through roles and permissions • Configure and manage the ESXi firewall • Integrate ESXi with Active Directory • Introduce vShield Zones
Resource Management and Monitoring
• Control virtual machine access to CPU; memory, and I/O resources • Introduce VMkernel methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage • Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
• Discuss strategies for backing up ESXi hosts • Introduce the backup/recovery APIs • Discuss strategies for backing up virtual machines
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster • Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
• Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster • Configuring Enhanced vMotion Compatibility • Using VMware HA and DRS together
• Manage ESXi patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager
Installing VMware vSphere 5 Components
• Introduce ESXi Installable installation • Introduce vCenter Server installation • Additional vCenter Server module installation
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
We also run the following related courses which may be of interest to you.
Click for full details of content, prices and dates:
Quality Assured Training
Click for more about our quality assured training.
Quick Course FinderWith truly hundreds of training courses to choose from, we have a Quick Course Finder that will help you to find the subject area and course you need.
Just click on any heading (in black) or section
(in blue) to go straight to where you need to be.
Click to use our Quick Course Finder
Regus House, 268 Bath Road
Slough, SL1 4DX
Sales: 0845 230 6150
Service: 0845 230 6159
Accounts: 0845 230 6157
Activia should be your first choice for UK wide training for VMware certification in the UK. We provide you with a full range of classes for VMware Certification Training.
If you are looking for accredited VMware training throughout the UK, you will find that Activia offers a level of service that is unrivalled in the market, with quality, flexible 1 day VMware Certification UK at fiercely competitive prices.
If your requirement is quality training for certification in VMware, we can provide you with training courses from introduction to advanced level at highly competitive prices. You will find that for quality courses for VMware, Activia will provide more tailored, flexible and focused solutions, and this enables you to get the most from your budget using the minimum of resources.
We provide VMware Certification Training courses all over the UK, with modern, fully equipped training centres in the following locations:
Serving the City in Bank and Aldgate, and Canary Wharf from our London Bridge (SE1) centre.
Across West and South West London, in Hammersmith, Baker Street and London Victoria.
Serving South West England, covering Bristol, Avon and Bath and Radstock in Somerset as well as Clevedon and Chepstow.
Serving Warwickshire and the Midlands, covering Birmingham, Walsall and Dudley as well as Wolverhampton, Solihull and Tamworth.
Serving Yorkshire and the North of England, covering Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate as well as Halifax, Wakefield and Castleford.
Serving Lancashire and the North West, covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Oldham as well as Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Warrington and Macclesfield.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Reading, Theale and Newbury as well as Henley and South Oxfordshire.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Bracknell, Wokingham and Ascot as well as Crowthrone, Camberley and Woking.
Serving Berkshire and the Thames Valley, covering Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead as well as High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Watford.
Serving Buckinghamshire, covering Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Buckingham, as well as Luton, Bedford, Stevenage, St Albans and Welwyn Garden City.
Serving Tyneside, also Sunderland and Gateshead, as well as North Shields and South Shields, and Whitley Bay.
Our experienced, high quality trainers will deliver your training to the highest standards and with the maximum effect.
For in house delivery of VMware Certification Training, we have an established national UK network of trainers, as well as fifteen centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Slough, Reading, Bracknell and Milton Keynes. So you can be sure that your UK wide training for VMware certification will be delivered in a quality assured and cost effective manner. For in-house quality training for certification in VMware, you need look no further than Activia.