Not only does your workplace as a whole influence individual and team productivity but it also affects the morale and spirit of the team. This is why organising your workspace, making sure that there is a specific structure in place, is so important.
But how do you get started and how can you get the most out of your space? In today’s post, we’ll explore some of the best ways to organise your workspace in a way that will boost your productivity and your morale.
1. De-clutter the spaceBefore you can start being creative with organising your workspace, you need to create a great foundation for it. Start with de-cluttering your desk and your immediate surroundings. Make sure to clean the room (and your desk) before you begin, then find all the things that are taking up unnecessary space but serve no purpose, and get rid of them.
In order to maximise the room you have, only keep those things that are absolutely necessary, things that you use at least on a weekly basis.
2. Use clipboardsOne of the reasons why our desks get so messy in record time is because we tend to leave loose papers scattered all over the place. The easiest way to eliminate this problem cleverly is to attach either several clipboards, or a cork board to your wall for storing them. As soon as you get a loose paper, attach it to one of the clipboards (or the cork board). This way, it will be out of your way but still not out of sight, so you can easily get back to it later when you’ve got spare time.
3. Display your to-do listA to-do list is possibly the most important part of workplace productivity and time management. If you want to make sure that your to-do list is up there where you will always see it, therefore helping you to stay on track with your tasks for the day, then try hanging a clipboard up on the wall with your list. This way, you won’t lose sight of your priorities and will be much more likely to finish everything you’ve planned for the day.
4. Get a desk organiser trayYou know how those little things always seem to end up scattered all over your desk? Things like mobile phones, little notes, erasers and the rest? Although they may not seem as important as piles of documents or overflowing drawers, but they can become really annoying – and distracting – if you don’t take care of them.
The easiest way to solve this problem is to buy a desk organiser to keep in front of you. Place it next to your laptop or PC so that it’s within easy reach – this way, you can easily store and find all those little things when you need them.
5. Bring colour into your officeWant to add a bit of colour to your workplace? Why don’t you try spicing up the mood with some coloured pen and pencil holders? You can either get these ready-made or, if you’re feeling a bit more creative, you can even get two tins or wooden holders and decorate them the way you like.
This way, not only will you be able to keep your pens and pencils organised, but you’ll be able to do so in a way that brightens the mood of your workspace, therefore improving your productivity and your morale.