20332: ADVANCED SOLUTIONS SHAREPOINT SERVER 2013
The best solution for Advanced Sharepoint Training CoursesA hands-on five-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this five-day course
This course covers 2010 and 2013 versions
This is a five-day training course structured into 38 modules
This five-day course examines how to plan, configure, and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. Special areas of focus include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, Business Connectivity Services, social computing features, productivity and collaboration platforms and features, business intelligence solutions, enterprise content management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. The course also examines how to optimize the search experience, how to develop and implement a governance plan. and how to perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013.
The course track is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or cloud. In addition, Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal business customers would benefit from understanding of managing SharePoint Server 2013.
The training addresses three audiences:
- Existing SharePoint 2010 customers and partners who need to understand the major changes in SharePoint 2013. In addition there have been other improvements in tools and methodologies.
- Customer who are new to SharePoint. SharePoint market size is growing significantly and is expected to continue to grow, so there are many new customers with no previous experience.
- Customers running a previous version of SharePoint (SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007) which did not upgrade to SharePoint 2010, so are not familiar with the architecture of SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Server 2013.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed Course 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, successful completion of Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, or equivalent skills.
- At least one year’s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deployed and managed applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administered Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configured Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managed an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connected applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implemented Claims-based security
AUTHORISED MICROSOFT TRAINING COURSE
This is an authorised Microsoft training course, delivered by certified Microsoft trainers at fully equipped centres using the latest equipment, software and course materials. There is no better way to undertake your training, to maximise your learning and ensure the highest marks possible in your certification exams.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the core features of SharePoint 2013
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2013 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan and implement a service application architecture for a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage Business Connectivity Services features in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure social computing features
- Plan and configure productivity and collaboration platforms and features
- Plan and configure Business Intelligence solutions
- Optimize the search experience for an enterprise environment
- Plan and configure enterprise content management in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage apps in a SharePoint Server 2013 environment
- Develop and implement a governance plan for SharePoint Server 2013
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013
This course enables delegates to prepare for exam 70-332
- Core Components of the SharePoint 2013 Architecture
- New Features in SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online Editions
- Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 Farms
- Creating and Configuring Site Collections and Sites
- Designing Database Topologies for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Designing SharePoint Infrastructure for High Availability
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- Create a Backup and Restore Plan
- Test the Backup and Restore Process
- Planning Service Applications
- Designing and Configuring a Service Application Topology
- Configuring Service Application Federation
- Planning a Service Application Topology
- Creating a Service Application Instance
- Establishing Trust Relationships between SharePoint Farms
- Publishing and Consuming Service Applications
- Planning and Configuring Business Connectivity Services
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing Business Data Connectivity Models
- Configuring the Business Data Connectivity Service Application
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Configuring a Secure Store Service Target Application
- Importing and Configuring BDC Models
- Managing User Profiles
- Enabling Social Interaction
- Building Communities
- Configuring Profile Synchronization
- Configuring My Sites
- Creating a Community Site Infrastructure
- Configuring Community Site Participation
- Aggregating Tasks
- Planning and Configuring Collaboration Features
- Planning and Configuring Composites
- Creating Project Sites
- Configuring Project Sites
- Engaging Project Teams
- Configure Windows Azure Workflow and SharePoint Workflow Services
- Creating and Testing a Workflow
- Planning for Business Intelligence
- Planning, Deploying, and Managing Business Intelligence Services
- Planning and Configuring Advanced Analysis Tools
- Provisioning Excel Services
- Configuring External Data Access
- Configuring Data Connections
- Configuring PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Configuring Power View for SharePoint
- Configuring Search for an Enterprise Environment
- Configuring the Search Experience
- Optimising Search
- Planning a Search Solution
- Configuring a Thesaurus
- Configuring Entity Extractors and Refiners
- Configuring Query Spelling Correction
- Configuring Company Name Extraction
- Planning Content Management
- Planning and Configuring eDiscovery
- Planning Records Management
- Creating and Configuring an eDiscovery Center
- Discovering and Preserving Content
- Querying and Exporting Content
- Configuring In-Place Records Management
- Planning and Implementing a Web Content Management Infrastructure
- Configuring Managed Navigation and Catalog Sites
- Supporting Multiple Languages and Locales
- Enabling Design and Customization
- Supporting Mobile Users
- Configuring Product Catalog Sites
- Configuring Cross-Site Publishing
- Configuring Publishing Sites
- Configuring Device Channels
- Understanding the SharePoint Solution Architecture
- Managing Sandbox Solutions
- Configuring Sandboxed Solution Management at the Farm Level
- Configuring Sandboxed Solution Management at the Site Collection Level
- Deploying Farm Solutions
- Understanding the SharePoint App Architecture
- Provisioning and Managing Apps and App Catalogs
- Configuring a SharePoint Farm to Support Apps
- Creating and Configuring a Corporate App Catalog
- Introduction to Governance Planning
- Key Elements of a Governance Plan
- Planning for Governance in SharePoint 2013
- Implementing Governance in SharePoint 2013
- Creating a Governance Plan
- Creating and Publishing Site Policies
- Enabling and Managing Self-Service Site Creation
- Preparing the Upgrade or Migration Environment
- Performing the Upgrade Process
- Managing a Site Collection Upgrade
- Import the SharePoint 2010 Databases
- Migrating and Upgrading a Service Application
- Migrating and Upgrading a Content Database
- Preparing Site Collections for Upgrade
- Upgrading Site Collections
[Duration: five day]
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Designing an Information Architecture
- Lab : Creating an Information Architecture - Part One
- Lab : Creating an Information Architecture - Part Two
- Designing a Logical Architecture
- Lab : Designing a Logical Architecture
- Designing a Physical Architecture
- Lab : Designing a Physical Architecture
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013
- Lab : Deploying and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 - Part 1
- Lab : Deploying and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 - Part 2
- Creating Web Applications and Site Collections
- Lab : Creating and Configuring Web Applications
- Lab : Creating and Configuring Site Collections
- Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Lab : Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Managing Users and Permissions
- Lab : Managing Users and Groups
- Lab : Securing Content in SharePoint Sites
- Configuring Authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Lab : Configuring SharePoint 2013 to Use Federated Identities
- Securing a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Lab : Hardening a SharePoint 2013 Server Farm
- Lab : Configuring Farm-Level Security
- Managing Taxonomy
- Lab : Configuring Content Type Propagation
- Lab : Configuring and Using Managed Metadata Term Sets
- Configuring User Profiles
- Lab : Configuring User Profiles
- Lab : Configuring My Sites and Audiences
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab : Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab : Configuring the Search Experience
- Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2013 Environment
- Lab : Monitoring a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Lab : Investigating Page Load Times
All Sharepoint training courses use the latest content, qualified and experienced trainers, and provide delegates with the best learning experience. Training is interactive and classroom-based, and the ability to ask questions reinforces knowledge acquisition during the class.
Maximum class sizes vary, but there is always adequate time for delegates to ask questions of the instructor.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
With your Sharepoint training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.